Callum O'Hare (48 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Anyway get him back in the team, especially at home. "Running around a lot" is what you need when you're trying to get by two banks of four.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Light years 😂😂😂😂😂

Well he is as he’s moving on to better things. Palmers career has stalled for years and flatlined.

Someone was saying palmer could play in the premier league. It’s laughable. Even if you ignore the frailties in his game he does not have the fitness levels.

O Hare has been consistently good for this football club. It’s pretty disrespectful to compare him to a serial championship journeyman whose career is going on at best a level trajectory

skyblu3sk

It’s obviously in response to those happy to criticise him despite him being one of our best players. He clearly hasn’t ‘downed tools’.

What’s your take on it? Go on, I dare you to have an opinion.
I don't think he's downed tools at all he's going through a difficult patch a Palmer is going through a better one it happens. What I can't abide is everyone jumping on Palmers back the second he doesn't have a blistering game for us. If he has an average game then apparently he is shit...

Martin180

Well he is as he’s moving on to better things. Palmers career has stalled for years and flatlined.

Someone was saying palmer could play in the premier league. It’s laughable. Even if you ignore the frailties in his game he does not have the fitness levels.

O Hare has been consistently good for this football club. It’s pretty disrespectful to compare him to a serial championship journeyman whose career is going on at best a level trajectory
If he ends up at Celtic or Rangers it would be debatable whether he’s gone too better things

Grendel

I don't think he's downed tools at all he's going through a difficult patch a Palmer is going through a better one it happens. What I can't abide is everyone jumping on Palmers back the second he doesn't have a blistering game for us. If he has an average game then apparently he is shit...

And if O Hare manages to create chances to get to Wembley he’s going through a difficult patch. He hasn’t actually had a bad game.

covcity4life

When I am one of the mature posters on SBT you know shits gone wrong.

Everyone just exaggerates or show bias all the time. It's boring. Is this how people would talk on the pub face to face? My worry is that it is because I see grown men acting like social media football fan influencers alot now with their views and inability to take on board anyone elses opinion. This place ain't what it used to be it feels like sometimes

skyblu3sk

And if O Hare manages to create chances to get to Wembley he’s going through a difficult patch. He hasn’t actually had a bad game.
No he hasn't but I wouldn't say he has pulled up trees either, it's the inconsistent view on players that pisses me off to you Palmer will always be shit and O'Hare always better but the reality is they are both decent players on their day and have been important in us being where we are this season. And given O'Hare is only recently back from injury you could argue Palmer has been more important this season than him so far!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I see it the opposite way, he puts in a couple of average to ok performances back to back and people say he's in the form of his career and a premier league quality player.

Only one league goal for Palmer this season isn't it?

skyblu3sk

Everyone just exaggerates or show bias all the time. It's boring. Is this how people would talk on the pub face to face? My worry is that it is because I see grown men acting like social media football fan influencers slot now with their views and inability to take on board anyone elses opinion. This place ain't what it used to be it feels like sometimes
It's the same across all society to be honest everything has to be black or white there are no shades of grey anywhere to be seen and if you disagree you are a bell end...

Cally Fedora

O hare in terms of ability and consistency is light years ahead of Palmer
I agree Palmer can be frustrating. His decision making is hit and miss and end product not consistent enough. But O’Hare isn’t light years ahead. If he’s better at all. He’s a very similar sort of player for me in terms of “hit rate”. Both are top level championship.

Grendel

Everyone just exaggerates or show bias all the time. It's boring. Is this how people would talk on the pub face to face? My worry is that it is because I see grown men acting like social media football fan influencers alot now with their views and inability to take on board anyone elses opinion. This place ain't what it used to be it feels like sometimes

Yeah it was a lot more civilised when the likes of SBK and Valiant were around

skyblu3sk

I see it the opposite way, he puts in a couple of average to ok performances back to back and people say he's in the form of his career and a premier league quality player.

Only one league goal for Palmer this season isn't it?
I don't think he's a premier league quality player and have never said so, I think the championship is his level and a bloody good option for us. I also worry O'Hare may find the premiership harder than he thinks he will just like Hamer. He may make it but it isn't as guaranteed as some think.

skyblu3sk

I agree Palmer can be frustrating. His decision making is hit and miss and end product not consistent enough. But O’Hare isn’t light years ahead. If he’s better at all. He’s a very similar sort of player for me in terms of “hit rate”. Both are top level championship.
The way Palmer feeds Simms is better than O'Hare at the moment which is why I think he's in the team if O'Hare can do the same (and it's likely he can with time) he may well take the slot back.

Grendel

I mean, he quite literally has played in the Premier League.

And from those heady days his career has declined

Ryan Alsop has also of course

Sick Boy

Most of the football conversation on here is exactly how people speak in pubs. It’s not like anyone is personally abusing others.

covcity4life

Most of the football conversation on here is exactly how people speak in pubs. It’s not like anyone is personally abusing others.
It's not real conversation is it. Crazy views then being stubborn about them.

Just find it all bit silly. I'm getting old I guess.

Grendel

What crazy views?

Sick Boy

Didn’t realise you were new - is this the cousin? In all seriousness, there aren’t really any ‘crazy’ views, just differing opinions.

stay_up_skyblues

COH is the better player. Palmer has been in decent form lately and deserved to keep the shirt. However, he struggled today and the change should’ve come sooner, arguably at half time.

I don’t see COH having downed tools or playing for himself. I think with a prolonged run in the team he’d reach the heights of earlier this season. Hard for anyone to get going with 15 minute cameos.

What I would say is, with both in similar form, I imagine MR is picking Palmer simply because he is our player and COH wants off. And that is understandable imo. Different story if Palmer is bang out of form and toby fare there is a case for switching it up for Leeds after today.

Saddlebrains

I don't get why he didn't shoot when got through at the end.

Although that decision making nout to do with contract status!

Could say the same for Palmer with the chance where Milan cut it back to him. Why he wanted 47 touches i dont know

My honest thoughts are Palmer on his day is top 2 championship. When hes off form he's bottom 6. His inconsistency is why he never stayed in the top flight and never will

But il say the same for O'Hare. He on top form i feel could probably make a career at a yo yo club, a Burnley, a Leicester etc. But again, his inconsistency for me is why he will never forge a proper premier league career

If we're honest and we really want to give it a shot at autos next season, we need better than both of them

covcity4life

Could say the same for Palmer with the chance where Milan cut it back to him. Why he wanted 47 touches i dont know

My honest thoughts are Palmer on his day is top 2 championship. When hes off form he's bottom 6. His inconsistency is why he never stayed in the top flight and never will

But il say the same for O'Hare. He on top form i feel could probably make a career at a yo yo club, a Burnley, a Leicester etc. But again, his inconsistency for me is why he will never forge a proper premier league career

If we're honest and we really want to give it a shot at autos next season, we need better than both of them
I dunno. They both helped us get top playoffs last year and both got us close this year.

I have no idea where o hare will be next year have to say. Could be yo-yo prem club could be getafe

Users who are viewing this thread