Callum O'Hare (20 Viewers)

mark82

I'm not sure why we can only like one or the other. They both play for City. Want them to both do well why they are here. O'Hare has had a decent stint with us, particularly on loan in league one and the year we came up, but we will move on - ultimately we've not had him for the vast majority of the last 2 years. He'll move on but not sure he'll play regularly at a much higher level. As has been rumoured, something abroad maybe his best bet.

Equally, Palmer is fine. Perfectly adequate player at this level. Can we find better? Probably. Do we need to cast him out? Absolutely not.

Martin180

I'm not sure why we can only like one or the other. They both play for City. Want them to both do well why they are here. O'Hare has had a decent stint with us, particularly on loan in league one and the year we came up, but we will move on - ultimately we've not had him for the vast majority of the last 2 years. He'll move on but not sure he'll play regularly at a much higher level. As has been rumoured, something abroad maybe his best bet.

Equally, Palmer is fine. Perfectly adequate player at this level. Can we find better? Probably. Do we need to cast him out? Absolutely not.
Spot on

mark82

We offered O Hare a new and improved contract to keep him - let’s see what Palmer gets offered having already had a reduction in pay this season
When's his contract up? Wouldn't be surprised to see him offered a new one at some point. Don't imagine he'd be pushing top earners though.

shmmeee

The revisionism about COH is ridiculous. If it were Palmer out of contract at the end of the season, NOBODY would be talking about offering him a contract.

people diminishing COH’s quality Cus he is leaving is pathetic

Are those people Mark Robins?

He’s not in the team. That’s all there is to it really.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we don't renew then may be worth seeing if we can sell this summer. Obviously won't get a huge fee, but imagine it wouldn't be insignificant either. Would almost certainly have Championship interest.
There’s been no interest since he arrived, from what we can tell anyway. Maybe see if Rangers are interested

Grendel

I wouldn’t offer Palmer a new contract unless on reduced terms

Martw

I'd get very excited if it is indeed Alexis MacAllister.

😊
I wonder what will happen to Dele Ali, I know wages are probably stupid but if ever a guy needed to resurrect his career and find a home and have good coaching it’s him. It’s unbelievable how he has dropped off so badly.

Martin180

I wonder what will happen to Dele Ali, I know wages are probably stupid but if ever a guy needed to resurrect his career and find a home and have good coaching it’s him. It’s unbelievable how he has dropped off so badly.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

skybluecam

It's just how it is, regardless of how it's spun. People can't say "Nobody would want Palmer so he will go on a free" and then moan when it's pointed out we got O'Hare on a Free and he will go on a free.
The key difference being we would re-sign O’Hare if we could. I wouldn’t re-sign Palmer right now.

Mucca Mad Boys

The revisionism about COH is ridiculous. If it were Palmer out of contract at the end of the season, NOBODY would be talking about offering him a contract.

people diminishing COH’s quality Cus he is leaving is pathetic
Is it revisionism?

I see that COH scored his goals all in a relatively short period of time. As someone who hasn’t been a prolific scorer in their career, is it more likely that is a run of amazing form?

Put it this way:

If we we wanted to sign an attacking midfielder from League 1 or even a lower championship side with the below stats, would you be excited?

C57969BF-9BA6-4BAB-B477-3C8F2C2D659F.jpeg

Add 3 goals and an assist in the FA Cup too.

Sick Boy

Is it revisionism?

I see that COH scored his goals all in a relatively short period of time. As someone who hasn’t been a prolific scorer in their career, is it more likely that is a run of amazing form?

Put it this way:

If we we wanted to sign an attacking midfielder from League 1 or even a lower championship side with the below stats, would you be excited?

View attachment 35053

Add 3 goals and an assist in the FA Cup too.
If he’s as mediocre as you seem to think, why is he likely going to be playing at a higher level than us next season?

Mucca Mad Boys

If he’s as mediocre as you seem to think, why is he likely going to be playing at a higher level than us next season?

I’ve not called him mediocre on any post, or any thread.

He’ll get his big move, and a deserved payday but that doesn’t mean he’ll be successful. McNulty, Bayliss and Bright got their big moves and things didn’t work out.

Saying a player isn’t on the same plane as Hamer or Gyokeres is not an insult. It’s more of an observation. Our recruitment policy is geared toward building a team that is not only good enough for promotion, but to stay up in the Prem.

Now, pose the question to you, would you be excited at the prospect of signing a L1/lower Champ AM the same stats COH?

Sick Boy

I’ve not called him mediocre on any post, or any thread.

He’ll get his big move, and a deserved payday but that doesn’t mean he’ll be successful. McNulty, Bayliss and Bright got their big moves and things didn’t work out.

Saying a player isn’t on the same plane as Hamer or Gyokeres is not an insult. It’s more of an observation. Our recruitment policy is geared toward building a team that is not only good enough for promotion, but to stay up in the Prem.

Now, pose the question to you, would you be excited at the prospect of signing a L1/lower Champ AM the same stats COH?
You’ve said he’s easily replaceable, which implies he’s average/mediocre.

Your final question is just embarrassing.

shmmeee

So funny it’s the people who have spent years slagging off the player who is ahead of O’Hare in the side or taking the piss out of Biamou fans who are having a breakdown over this.

Sick Boy

That’s a stretch, every footballer at this level is replaceable.

What is embarrassing is that you and the other poster won’t answer a simple question.
The question has nothing to do with CoH as his stats aren’t from League One. It just comes across as bitter because he hasn’t signed a new contract. When he’s playing at a higher level than us next season I doubt his new club will be worrying about a hypothetical situation about what if his stats were from League One.

It appears Robins would certainly disagrees with you considering we offered him a substantial contract.

Grendel

How much did we reduce Palmer’s pay this season?

Whatever was in his contract after the Bristol pay discrepancy expired

Users who are viewing this thread