Callum O'Hare (40 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't think many claim Palmer is one of the best players in the squad by any means . What has been said is that on current form there is very little between O'Hare and Palmer .

@Hertsccfc said he’s likely to be the next player going to the premiership

Mucca Mad Boys

@Hertsccfc said he’s likely to be the next player going to the premiership
I think Palmer is a good player but when all said and done, his assist and goal contributions aren’t that of a club chasing Premiership promotion.

He has sparks but there are plenty of players out there capable of getting the output (I.e. goals and assists). I don’t think we renew his contract, personally.

MR and Viveash have proven they’re ruthless enough to can ‘favoured players thus far.

Yorkshire SB

You obviously have not watched much of him this last 2 months then …. He’s not been our best or most important player for weeks and weeks.
I felt like he had a couple of poor games, Preston and then particularly West Brom.

He’s not irreplaceable and Robins might be doing the right thing, and O’Hare hasn’t been amazing.

However, surely you’ve seen enough of O’Hare over the years to know he SHOULD be first name on the teamsheet. His energy and quality lifts the whole team. That’s been evidenced when he’s returned from injury both last season and this season.

There’s a lot of nonsense here underselling him. He could play in a league winning side at this level, no doubt.

Martin180

I felt like he had a couple of poor games, Preston and then particularly West Brom.

He’s not irreplaceable and Robins might be doing the right thing, and O’Hare hasn’t been amazing.

However, surely you’ve seen enough of O’Hare over the years to know he SHOULD be first name on the teamsheet. His energy and quality lifts the whole team. That’s been evidenced when he’s returned from injury both last season and this season.

There’s a lot of nonsense here underselling him. He could play in a league winning side at this level, no doubt.
There is also a lot of overselling of him too .....

Yorkshire SB

There is also a lot of overselling of him too .....
We obviously have a difference of opinion, as this thread shows, so it’s pointless trying to persuade you otherwise. Though I’m obviously right and you are completely wrong..

The daft comments though, like, ‘we need better than O’Hare next season’. Do we!? If we could replace him like for like we’d surely all be buzzing. He’s going off to bigger and better things. What do we all think is happening!? We offered him a new deal and he said no. He’s not going to flounder all summer and end up at Shrewsbury.

I don’t care that he leaves at the end of the season, but I care about this season, and the idea that O’Hare isn’t in our best XI is wrong.

Martin180

We obviously have a difference of opinion, as this thread shows, so it’s pointless trying to persuade you otherwise. Though I’m obviously right and you are completely wrong..

The daft comments though, like, ‘we need better than O’Hare next season’. Do we!? If we could replace him like for like we’d surely all be buzzing. He’s going off to bigger and better things. What do we all think is happening!? We offered him a new deal and he said no. He’s not going to flounder all summer and end up at Shrewsbury.

I don’t care that he leaves at the end of the season, but I care about this season, and the idea that O’Hare isn’t in our best XI is wrong.
I'm not arguing that comparing Palmer and O'Hare on their City careers as a whole then Callum comes out on top every time but he simply hasn't performed recently .

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Disappointing that COH and Godden can’t take a leaf out of Kelly’s book when it comes to being left out the side

Kelly rightly could have felt aggrieved to not be playing in certain games this season, yet he just cracks on, trains and sets an example to the rest as club captain

I think we all know he won’t be here next season but wish more player had his character. Top pro and may well be remembered more fondly than the others in years to come

Martin180

Disappointing that COH and Godden can’t take a leaf out of Kelly’s book when it comes to being left out the side

Kelly rightly could have felt aggrieved to not be playing in certain games this season, yet he just cracks on, trains and sets an example to the rest as club captain

I think we all know he won’t be here next season but wish more player had his character. Top pro and may well be remembered more fondly than the others in years to come
Arguably played a much bigger part on our journey than many who have been revered over the past 7 seasons . A wholehearted honest player who lead the side to a penalty kick away from the promised land
History will surely place him high amongst many of our more recent heroes

shmmeee

Because O'Hare is a good player and our best option in the number 10 role obviously

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evidence the last few months would put some serious doubt on that. He’s done nothing since Jan. He has the ability to be a decent player, right now he’s a waste of a shirt.

shmmeee

“wish more player had his character” and “top pro” in a thread about how he’s sulking because he’s not the big man any more and has refused to even give the club a chance at keeping him like Vik and Gus did last season. Same with Godden. All fun and games being an arrogant arse when you’re delivering, but you look a right prick the second you’re not.

Edit: just realised you maybe talking about Kelly. Which is fair enough. Apologies if so.

Mucca Mad Boys

Because O'Hare is a good player and our best option in the number 10 role obviously

In Robins’ opinion, he‘a clearly favoured Palmer in recent weeks. COH’s form or even cameo performances haven’t warranted a start.

Godden used to get minutes but that’s stopped when he’s been stroppy about it.

What team in towards the top of the table would COH nail down a spot? I recall having this convo in Jan and even then didn’t think he’d improve Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. Our performances against the top half teams just haven’t been good enough.

I don’t know COH isn’t starting, but last season we ground out the result we needed for the playoffs. Gyokeres and Hamer really showed they were next level. As for COH (and others), they haven’t shown this.

Same about the conversations about our midfield we’ve had in recent weeks. It’s good, but, we need to improve on those areas.

SJ80

I took my daughter to training day thing and she spoke to coh and asked him if he was staying , he makes out that it isn’t in his hands to the kids , blatant liar! He ain’t good enough for prem imo

Yorkshire SB

In Robins’ opinion, he‘a clearly favoured Palmer in recent weeks. COH’s form or even cameo performances haven’t warranted a start.

Godden used to get minutes but that’s stopped when he’s been stroppy about it.

What team in towards the top of the table would COH nail down a spot? I recall having this convo in Jan and even then didn’t think he’d improve Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. Our performances against the top half teams just haven’t been good enough.

I don’t know COH isn’t starting, but last season we ground out the result we needed for the playoffs. Gyokeres and Hamer really showed they were next level. As for COH (and others), they haven’t shown this.

Same about the conversations about our midfield we’ve had in recent weeks. It’s good, but, we need to improve on those areas.

My point was that he has the quality and potential to play for a league winning side. I don’t think your question is valid when those sides already have a player in that position.

If you took KDH out at Leicester and Rutter out at Leeds then IMO he could slot into those teams and they’d still be at the top of the table with O’Hare having played 40 games.

His work-rate, link play, ability to win fouls, ball-winning, are all absolutely top level. He loses possession too much and lacks pace, which might catch him out in the PL.

He’s not been on the Hamer or Gyokeres level, but he could well end up in the PL next season. What would your opinion be then? He wasn’t good enough?

Mucca Mad Boys

My point was that he has the quality and potential to play for a league winning side. I don’t think your question is valid when those sides already have a player in that position.

If you took KDH out at Leicester and Rutter out at Leeds then IMO he could slot into those teams and they’d still be at the top of the table with O’Hare having played 40 games.

His work-rate, link play, ability to win fouls, ball-winning, are all absolutely top level. He loses possession too much and lacks pace, which might catch him out in the PL.

He’s not been on the Hamer or Gyokeres level, but he could well end up in the PL next season. What would your opinion be then? He wasn’t good enough?

Personally, I don’t think he starts for either struggling Prem or top end Championship side. If we aspires to be a squad player, I’m sure he’ll have many suitors.

Some of the areas you no listed were certainly true pre-ACL injury. For example, he was the most fouled player in the league and I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near that now.

His goal and assists per 90 in xG declined since the 2021/22 season too.

The reason for bringing up Hamer and Gyokeres is because this time last season they stepped up and willed us to a penalty shootout from promotion.

This season, our squad is overall better but in the big games this season, we’ve not been good enough. It’s not just COH, but he’s a player you’d have expected to get us through tough games and unfortunately, hasn’t really delivered and lost his place in the team.

stupot07

Evidence the last few months would put some serious doubt on that. He’s done nothing since Jan. He has the ability to be a decent player, right now he’s a waste of a shirt.

He scored against Norwich on the 3rd Feb, got an assist against Millwall on 11th Feb, was rested against Plymouth, got an assist against Stoke for the winner on 17th Feb.

He then had two relatively poor games Preston (everyone was shite), West Brom First half (everyone was shite), then was bombed out the side and limited to 15-30 mins sub appearances, bar Leeds where he played well and did a job, and Southampton (everyone was shite). Plus he had that match winning contribution for Wright's winner against wolves on 16th March.

He's had one or two below par performances but I don't buy he's been a waste of a shirt since Jan.

Last edited:

Yorkshire SB

Personally, I don’t think he starts for either struggling Prem or top end Championship side. If we aspires to be a squad player, I’m sure he’ll have many suitors.

Some of the areas you no listed were certainly true pre-ACL injury. For example, he was the most fouled player in the league and I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near that now.

His goal and assists per 90 in xG declined since the 2021/22 season too.

The reason for bringing up Hamer and Gyokeres is because this time last season they stepped up and willed us to a penalty shootout from promotion.

This season, our squad is overall better but in the big games this season, we’ve not been good enough. It’s not just COH, but he’s a player you’d have expected to get us through tough games and unfortunately, hasn’t really delivered and lost his place in the team.

Fair enough, agree to disagree. I’m sure the next 12 months will tell us where he’s at.

I do think there’s some bias and wilful ignorance in some of that opinion though.

You’re glazing over some very good performances, his transformative impact when he came back from injury, and the fact that he’s lost his place in the team partly because MR is prioritising those here next season (according to ITK accounts).

Robins has tinkered too much with the side and formation for me, and got it wrong in the big games - switching between a 4 and 5 at the back, for example. In addition we’ve had a ridiculous number of individual errors at the back. Not sure I blame O’Hare for all of that.

Otis

I took my daughter to training day thing and she spoke to coh and asked him if he was staying , he makes out that it isn’t in his hands to the kids , blatant liar! He ain’t good enough for prem imo
No, it's true.

It's in the hands of his agent.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

“wish more player had his character” and “top pro” in a thread about how he’s sulking because he’s not the big man any more and has refused to even give the club a chance at keeping him like Vik and Gus did last season. Same with Godden. All fun and games being an arrogant arse when you’re delivering, but you look a right prick the second you’re not.

Edit: just realised you maybe talking about Kelly. Which is fair enough. Apologies if so.
Yes on about Kelly 😂😂

fernandopartridge

He scored against Norwich on the 3rd Feb, got an assist against Millwall on 11th Feb, was rested against Plymouth, got an assist against Stoke for the winner on 17th Feb.

He then had two relatively poor games Preston (everyone was shite), West Brom First half (everyone was shite), then was bombed out side and limited to 15-30 mins sub appearances, bar Leeds where he played well and did a job, and Southampton (everyone was shite). Plus he had that match winning contribution for Wright's winner against wolves on 16th March.

He's had one or two below par performances but I don't buy he's been a waste of a shirt since Jan.

Not to mention he was on the pitch and heavily involved at Wolves

Otis

In the hands of his agent ? So he decides if he stays ?? I would assume that’s down to the player not the agent
I was joking if course, but that's probably how he wormed his way out. Saying it's not in his hands.

Mucca Mad Boys

Fair enough, agree to disagree. I’m sure the next 12 months will tell us where he’s at.

I do think there’s some bias and wilful ignorance in some of that opinion though.

You’re glazing over some very good performances, his transformative impact when he came back from injury, and the fact that he’s lost his place in the team partly because MR is prioritising those here next season (according to ITK accounts).

Robins has tinkered too much with the side and formation for me, and got it wrong in the big games - switching between a 4 and 5 at the back, for example. In addition we’ve had a ridiculous number of individual errors at the back. Not sure I blame O’Hare for all of that.

If we’re talking about December-Jan, he was our best player. Since then, chipped in with a few contributions but there’s a reason he’s been dropped from the squad.

There’s no way Robins would start Palmer over COH if he felt that was the best way to get to the playoffs.

As for tinkering with the formation, that was a forced change. Sakamoto is our one and only natural winger, without him is square pegs in round holes. MVE, COH, Palmer or Tavares are not wingers.

No one is blaming COH for defensive errors, take a game like Southampton, he failed to take anyone on in all his dribbles. If he’s destined for better things, there’s are the games he (and others) need to take by the scruff of the neck.

Cally Fedora

By that stupid logic you wouldn't pick a single player in the last year of their contract

Don’t be silly. It’s much more nuanced than that. Some may be playing for new contracts etc. O’Hare clearly has something lined up. Let’s boil it down to simple terms. We have a guy in charge who is probably the clubs best ever manager. He’s deciding not to play O’Hare at the moment. He’ll have his reasons, which is good enough for me.

covcity4life

I doubt o hare stopped trying cos got a new club

But he may have gone in a mood when robins prepared early for life without him

Either way he is on national stage Sunday and I doubt any player wants a stinker with so many people watching. Let's hope we get a great performance from him to help us pull of a miracle result.

Warwickhunt

We need to look at Kitchin and Thomas? Too many mistakes and own goals and don't get me started on abouts Collins ability to catch a ball and command his area.........

Alan Dugdales Moustache

A phenomenal performance in the semi could easily tip a Fulham or Brentford into thinking hes worth them offering 200k more to him than the Spanish side have
O' Hare probably thinks he's good enough for Man U.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You obviously have not watched much of him this last 2 months then …. He’s not been our best or most important player for weeks and weeks.
...but he is the player that wants his face on camera on " City Unseen" more than any other.
He's the total opposite of Jake Bidwell who concentrates on what he's paid to do and that's a massive compliment to Jake Bidwell.

Users who are viewing this thread