messiahrobins

Feb 27, 2024
Like Trump you could do with a basic fact checker

The mayor from 1990-94 was David Dinkins a Democrat, who took over from another democrat Ed Koch who had been the mayor for 12 years. Neither were remotely right wing.

In 1994 Rudi Guiliani became mayor. Guiliani was a Republican lawyer who had (and obvs still has) a very high profile in the media but the city fared badly during his stint (which of course included 9/11).

The biggest transformation of the city came under the 12 year reign of the next mayor, Michael Bloomberg who was first elected as a Republican but switched to an “independent” six years later. Bloomberg refused to take a mayoral salary and was responsible for a strict zero tolerance policy which cracked down on prostitution and drug-related crime in places like Times Square. The city was absolutely transformed during his reign and the centre and tourist areas became much safer places. Hell’s Kitchen successfully rebranded itself as Midtown for example. Of course many critics point out that his zero tolerance policy may have just displaced social problems into less heavily policed areas and the gentrification of many neighbourhoods with brownstone step buildings in the city may have hollowed out some long standing communities and pushed them further into poverty.
So you confirm what i was saying.

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyHillsbeard

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Was there bitterness towards him on Saturday? Must admit I didn’t see or hear anything and he seemed to be getting a great ( and well deserved) reception.
No there wasn't, I think you may have misinterpreted what I'd said (I was saying that there wasn't any evidence of bitterness, just appreciation i.e. The C O'H song at full-time). One bit that actually amused me, was a few in Singers Corner singing 'Premier League, you're having a laugh' when Cal fluffed his lines during one bit of play. Tongue in cheek stuff.

JimmyHillsbeard

Feb 21, 2013
Seems set on joining Ben Brereton Diaz on a bench in Spain

I think his best move would be Celtic if they are really interested. In a good team up against moderate opposition most weeks he could really forge a reputation there. Given his heritage he could probably amass 30-40 Rep of Ireland caps before he retired without ever having to test himself in the EPL.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I think his best move would be Celtic if they are really interested. In a good team up against moderate opposition most weeks he could really forge a reputation there. Given his heritage he could probably amass 30-40 Rep of Ireland caps before he retired without ever having to test himself in the EPL.

HFairly sure he's not eligible to play for Ireland.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
If he was eligible for RoI, he’d already have caps.

Reactions: CV3SkyBlue

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Joining either of the Old Firm from a decent Championship team is a step down I think

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
Joining either of the Old Firm from a decent Championship team is a step down I think

Know what you mean but win some trophies, play in Europe and will look good in that league. Can see him being a massive favourite up there as well

Could see the attraction but depends on what else is on the table elsewhere

Reactions: JimmyHillsbeard

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Know what you mean but win some trophies, play in Europe and will look good in that league. Can see him being a massive favourite up there as well

Could see the attraction but depends on what else is on the table elsewhere
I’m sure Todd Cantwell thought similar when he joined Rangers but he hasn’t really stood out. Playing against inferior opposition every week isn’t how to improve as a player and attract bigger offers.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
I’m sure Todd Cantwell thought similar when he joined Rangers but he hasn’t really stood out. Playing against inferior opposition every week isn’t how to improve as a player and attract bigger offers.
Try telling that to Vik!

Reactions: Hertsccfc

Potbellypig

Mar 23, 2024
I have no idea but I've always felt like if he was going abroad then he would have announced it before the end of the season. Generally speaking I think fans would wave him off to La Liga, Serie A or (whatever the Portuguese league is called) with their best wishes. I feel like where he's planning to sign is going to be somewhat controversial and that's why it's under wraps a bit. I may need to take off this tin foil at some point though.

Reactions: wingy

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sep 10, 2014
Has Callum O'Hare ever said why he wants to leave ?
Has he an agent telling him he's better than Coventry City or is it an itch he feels he has to scratch ?
He looked completely bewildered after the QPR game on the pitch as if he was about to burst into tears . It seems a really strange decision to leave without , it appears, anything already sorted unless it's all been done on the quiet .

Offhegoes

Mar 14, 2014
Have a strange feeling this may not be as nailed on as everyone thinks. He's waiting or considering offers, but lost his form and place in the team from March, so the offers may not be as good as he'd expected. He signed with us in 2020 when allegedly better offers with on the table...

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
I have no idea but I've always felt like if he was going abroad then he would have announced it before the end of the season. Generally speaking I think fans would wave him off to La Liga, Serie A or (whatever the Portuguese league is called) with their best wishes. I feel like where he's planning to sign is going to be somewhat controversial and that's why it's under wraps a bit. I may need to take off this tin foil at some point though.
He probably hasn’t officially signed yet. Can’t really announce it.

LastChance

Mar 7, 2012
I keep seeing comments on here about Palmer's wages. Does anyone actually know for sure what each of the players are being paid?
Just curious

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
I keep seeing comments on here about Palmer's wages. Does anyone actually know for sure what each of the players are being paid?
Just curious
It’s all just guesswork really. With the convenient exception of Kasey Palmer, whose wages are apparently public information (?) based on court records (??) from two clubs and several years ago (???)

Users who are viewing this thread