Can anybody remember? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The last time when we have made a substitution at home and our players have walked as slowly as they can?

The past few months we have always been angry at the opposition for doing it....

I liked Westwood telling the ball boys to slow down and the young lad walking as slow as possible to get the ball and Westwood pissing himself laughing. ;)

Time wasting must be one of the most hypocritical things ever invented! It is great when you do it but the worst thing ever when it is the opposition!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My thoughts on it exactly!! It annoys the hell out of me, and Westwood is so poor at it, he always ends up with a warning from the ref if not a card! Todays ref did use his common sense today though and approach our captain, which i think is a sensible way to go about things like that!!

Did amuse me though when he was laughing at the ball boys for joining in!

honestmike

The antics of the ball boy and Westwood was funny (for us) Westy kept letting the ball run out if it came off a Watford man last, even if he could have picked it up!.
Ball boy then taking his time to collect and walk back to hand it to him instead of throwing it - Malkay was going ape on the touchline especially when Westy then kept deciding to go to the opposite side to then take the goal kick.

Was also nice to see us taking the heat out of the game last 20 mins when Watford were trying to push on... for the first time since god knows when it was not a major panic hoofing it up field just to see the opposition attack us again.

:blue:

ccfcway

always seems to be the other way round doesnt it

I cant remember the last time that I wasnt biting my nails with 2 minuts to go

TheRoyalScam

I thought the ref was one of the better ones we've seen recently, although the Keogh booking was a tad harsh. The lino in front of the Tesco stand was sh#te, missing blatant fouls and a crucial offside that Wartfod could have scored from. Let's be honest - when was the last time we were two goals up with a quarter of the game to go?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought the ref was one of the better ones we've seen recently, although the Keogh booking was a tad harsh. The lino in front of the Tesco stand was sh#te, missing blatant fouls and a crucial offside that Wartfod could have scored from. Let's be honest - when was the last time we were two goals up with a quarter of the game to go?

I thought the ref had a good game yesterday too. Used his common sense alot aswell. Like when he wanted to make it known to Westwood that he knew his game (i.e time wasting) but rather than hold up play in running from the centre of the field to speak with Kieron, just to then run back, he spoke with the captain. Would like to see common sense used alot more by refs, but I realise this is a big ask :)

Was disappointed the highlights didnt show the 2 disallowed goals, as Id love to see them again. Im sure the keeper fumbled the first one, and the offside must have been close, although the shot from Clingan was travelling with some pace, so Juke prob would have swayed offside. Still, was a good ending for a change, with us taking a 2 goal margin which we dont see often!

TheRoyalScam

Was disappointed the highlights didnt show the 2 disallowed goals, as Id love to see them again. Im sure the keeper fumbled the first one, and the offside must have been close, although the shot from Clingan was travelling with some pace, so Juke prob would have swayed offside. Still, was a good ending for a change, with us taking a 2 goal margin which we dont see often!

There's a simple answer which I'm sure we all know too well, sw88 - ITV Sport:jerkit:. As well as the two disallowed goals, there were all the other chances for both teams, including a sitter for Watford.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There's a simple answer which I'm sure we all know too well, sw88 - ITV Sport:jerkit:. As well as the two disallowed goals, there were all the other chances for both teams, including a sitter for Watford.

You mean BBC?? :) Apparently we're the main talking on point on Late Kick Off tomorrow night. Whats the betting we still only get a few minutes??

Watford did miss a few glaring chances.

SkyBlueScottie

Jukes 1st disallowed goal was for offside and to be fair to the Lino the flag went up as soon as the ball was crossed.

The 2nd effort was not offside I was sat level and when Clingan shot he was not offside.

Nick

Administrator
Was one not for a foul on the keeper?

Don't hold your breath with late kick off either!

TheRoyalScam

You mean BBC?? :) Apparently we're the main talking on point on Late Kick Off tomorrow night. Whats the betting we still only get a few minutes??

Watford did miss a few glaring chances.

Of course - can't believe I said that! Could have been seeing that plonker Claridge [who hates us] made me think of ITV Sport. TRS in 'BBC Championship coverage as bad as ITV Sport shocker'!:D

Sutty

For the first disallowed one the lino seemed in a right flap. The flag went one way, then the other. At one point he put the flag across his chest, which I think is the signal for a penalty.

Coventry La La La

Let's all stay negative and not enjoy are self's when the City actually win and play some quality football. Would that make you happy Stu?

Pigeon

It was fantastic to leave the Ricoh yesterday after winning a game and playing good football. Shame Juke didn't get his first hat-rick as it would have been well deserved. Sheffs goal was awesome as well. Really thought King might have got one against his old club but that doesn't matter he but in a good performance as usual. Late Kick off doing a whole segment on us? It must be only 30 seconds because Leicester and Derby played so god forbid they don't give them the usual 10 minute slot.

bishbosh

Hope to see some highlights here - we usually get a 30min football league show highlights prog.

BBC - since moving away I really rate the Beeb (apart from their lack of Cov coverage).

Users who are viewing this thread