Can we depend uopon the Football League (1 Viewer)

WFC

The simple answer to that question is no, regardless what it's about.

If you want to have a better chance of them doing what's right instead of what suits them you have to put a lot of public pressure on them.

Grendel

Voice_of_Reason

I emailed both the Football League and the Administrator expressing my concerns --- got fobbed off. Do they REALLY care ? Ours is a CLUB, for the fans - thousands of us ! Yet both the FL and the Administrators don't, in my opinion, seem to give a flying fook !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
the thing is there are no hard and fast rules for the situation we are in ...... and if you check most rules they state "or at the discretion of the Board of the FL" or something similar.

Can we rely on the FL to make the right decision? ...... depends what is right. They will have to make a decision but many of us may not like it.

Brighton Sky Blue

the thing is there are no hard and fast rules for the situation we are in ...... and if you check most rules they state "or at the discretion of the Board of the FL" or something similar.

Can we rely on the FL to make the right decision? ...... depends what is right. They will have to make a decision but many of us may not like it.

Wonder whether they will change the rules on foreign loanees now that Watford have royally taken the piss.

Lightyear

Wish the FL would do something but can't see it myself.....

Like everyone, I want to get back to focussing on the playing side of things. I want to be able to discard the depressing thoughts of ownership and the financial mess that our club is in. But I can't. Almost every week the situation seems to get worse. The clubs predicament is a sorry state of affairs. But we're not alone - and that's not a comfort by any means.

As a topic of hot interest I've read various reports on the subject of football governance and finance. It's hardly surprising that the overwhelming consensus of the researchers and writers is that the football authorities (Football League, Premier League and FA) need to get their act together. The government have certainly given fair warning for this to happen.

The two reports noted below say it all........ I've added a few extracts that sum up what's already been said by many on this board and in discussions elsewhere:

All Party Parliamentary Football Group - English Football and it's Governance April 2009
http://clients.squareeye.net/uploads/sd/English Football and its Governance.pdf

Lightyear

Wish the FL would do something but can't see it myself.....

Like everyone, I want to get back to focussing on the playing side of things. I want to be able to discard the depressing thoughts of ownership and the financial mess that our club is in. But I can't. Almost every week the situation seems to get worse. The clubs predicament is a sorry state of affairs. But we're not alone - and that's not a comfort by any means.

As a topic of hot interest I've read various reports on the subject of football governance and finance. It's hardly surprising that the overwhelming consensus of the researchers and writers is that the football authorities (Football League, Premier League and FA) need to get their act together. The government have certainly given fair warning for this to happen.

The two reports noted below say it all (sorry can't include links in post as it gets rejected!) I've added a few extracts that sum up what's already been said by many on this board and in discussions elsewhere:

All Party Parliamentary Football Group - English Football and it's Governance April 2009

"As the [former] chairman of the Football Association, Lord Triesman, said in his evidence to the Inquiry, clubs should ‘be owned by people who embrace the history and the values of football, and who want to see the clubs succeed’.

"The investigative football journalist, David Conn, took the point further stating, “so we need to deal with broader issues about their [new owners’] credibility. Do they understand the game? Do they understand the history of the clubs? Do they understand the duties and responsibilities that come with being in charge of these institutions."

THE WHISTLE TIME’S UP FOR FINANCIAL SECRECY A Christian Aid report May 2010

"Put simply, financial secrecy comes at a price. For football fans, it can jeopardise the very existence of their much-loved clubs..................."

Users who are viewing this thread