Car Keyed (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Left work yesterday, to find my car had been keyed from the rear quarter to the drivers door.

It was parked legally, and not blocking anyone etc.

Seriously what is the point? If I was blocking someone in, I'd understand it.

ccfc92

Just aimless vandals, any cctv?

There is a camera, but don't think it would show my car judging the angle.

Plus it would probably just show someone with a hood up or something, and the police won't care anyway :(

stupot07

Bastards. A couple of years ago i had 3 wing mirrors knocked off over a 6 week period - each time cost me £130 to supply and fit a new one.. Just drunken twats on a pub run.

Mindless and needless vandalism really winds me up. You should definitely them to have a look if your car is visible on the CCTV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Bastards. A couple of years ago i had 3 wing mirrors knocked off over a 6 week period - each time cost me £130 to supply and fit a new one.. Just drunken twats on a pub run.

Mindless and needless vandalism really winds me up. You should definitely them to have a look if your car is visible on the CCTV.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The only problem is, I noticed it after work but it could have happened somewhere else and I didn't notice. I'm not the most alert morning person ;) The camera I don't think would have caught it anyway :(

I've tried buffing it out, and got it looking better, but there's two deep gouges on the rear quarter and driver's door :(

It's not even a flashy car, just a 58 plate Polo :rolleyes:

Gazolba

I've had cars keyed, had radio antenna snapped off (multiple times), windscreen smashed with a brick, and egg thrown on my car (took weeks to clean off and permanently damaged the paint).
Also had a couple of break-ins, on one they smashed a window to get in and stole all my tools and jack, and on another they even stole my maps and my spectacles (which would be useless to anyone else).

ccfc92

I've had cars keyed, had radio antenna snapped off (multiple times), windscreen smashed with a brick, and egg thrown on my car (took weeks to clean off and permanently damaged the paint).
Also had a couple of break-ins, on one they smashed a window to get in and stole all my tools and jack, and on another they even stole my maps and my spectacles (which would be useless to anyone else).

I've got a long way to go to get to your level :)

It's just annoying. Petty, pointless crime.

I don't know how some people go through life being a total twat, and sleep easy and get away with it :(

dancers lance

The only problem is, I noticed it after work but it could have happened somewhere else and I didn't notice. I'm not the most alert morning person ;) The camera I don't think would have caught it anyway :(

I've tried buffing it out, and got it looking better, but there's two deep gouges on the rear quarter and driver's door :(

It's not even a flashy car, just a 58 plate Polo :rolleyes:
The lad that has unit next to mine (he's a mechanic) uses a mobile guy to fix things like this all the time, he does a great job for a good price if you would like me to get his number for you?

trevelfarandwide

I'm probably in a minority of car owners who has actually caught the vandal in the act... :) To be honest, car vandalism or even crime as a whole is ultra rare where I live, but 18 months ago everyone on my street was having their cars keyed and defaced with spray paint; pretty indiscriminate, but everyone (about 10 of us) were determined to catch who was doing it.

By chance, at 10pm one night, I was off out to grab some fags from the Premier a mile down the way, and I get within 10 feet of my car and hear: 'sskkkkrrrrrreeecccckkk'
Right, I thought, you're fuckin' DEAD...I ninja'ed out the gate, slinked round the back of the car and lo and behold, the shithead teenager from across the road (complete with TapOut hoody and an ill-fitting balaclava) was keying a dopey symbol on the rear door of my 54 plate Focus (not a Bentley, but it's a bloody warrior of a car).

Suffice to say, after I'd 'had a word with him' it took him a good 10 minutes to crawl home, no less than 20 feet over the road...his dad, who's a really nice guy, didn't bat an eyelid at the pasting I gave him and then apologised to everyone whose cars he had defaced and even offered us money towards repairs. Some months later, I heard the kid did it on the other side of town as well, and his old man shoed the shit out of him. Priceless. :)

So yeah, it's frustrating when some vindictive twat takes out their emotional shortcomings on your motor. Especially if you never actually find out who did it, to either lamp the bastard or bill him.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm probably in a minority of car owners who has actually caught the vandal in the act... :) To be honest, car vandalism or even crime as a whole is ultra rare where I live, but 18 months ago everyone on my street was having their cars keyed and defaced with spray paint; pretty indiscriminate, but everyone (about 10 of us) were determined to catch who was doing it.

By chance, at 10pm one night, I was off out to grab some fags from the Premier a mile down the way, and I get within 10 feet of my car and hear: 'sskkkkrrrrrreeecccckkk'
Right, I thought, you're fuckin' DEAD...I ninja'ed out the gate, slinked round the back of the car and lo and behold, the shithead teenager from across the road (complete with TapOut hoody and an ill-fitting balaclava) was keying a dopey symbol on the rear door of my 54 plate Focus (not a Bentley, but it's a bloody warrior of a car).

Suffice to say, after I'd 'had a word with him' it took him a good 10 minutes to crawl home, no less than 20 feet over the road...his dad, who's a really nice guy, didn't bat an eyelid at the pasting I gave him and then apologised to everyone whose cars he had defaced and even offered us money towards repairs. Some months later, I heard the kid did it on the other side of town as well, and his old man shoed the shit out of him. Priceless. :)

So yeah, it's frustrating when some vindictive twat takes out their emotional shortcomings on your motor. Especially if you never actually find out who did it, to either lamp the bastard or bill him.

If I had caught the bloke red handed I would put him in intensive care, for a fortnight.
How did you keep control of yourself ?

Last edited:

ccfc92

The lad that has unit next to mine (he's a mechanic) uses a mobile guy to fix things like this all the time, he does a great job for a good price if you would like me to get his number for you?

I'm in Bournemouth mate, but thank you anyway :)

ccfc92

If I had caught the bloke red handed I would put him in intensive care, for a fortnight.
How did you keep control of yourselve ?

See this is what frustrated me. If I had of seen them doing it, I would have dealt with it.

Its the cowardly: "Ha, look what I've done!" then running away that has annoyed me more. They wouldn't key it, then stand there waiting for a fight. Can guarantee it's some snot nosed little runt who would shit himself upon confrontation :mad:

PS: Steady on, you're meant to be a Rev. ;)

Pipehitterz

I had it done 5 times to my car years ago. Others in on street did too.
I contacted the police the first 3 times but they just weren't interested.

About 6 months later the police turned up at my door with a CCTV kit, they said, to catch the culprit
I jumped at the chance of a Little sneaky police camera action and let them stick it in my spare room window.

After 5 days ( they told me to leave it alone) I couldn't resist a look at the equipment, this was about 15 years back so LCD screens and the camera looked so advanced, and being a geek I just had to have a look, I realised that it wasn't focused on the street, it was actually spying on a guys front door a few doors up.
He was a postman for royal mail.

I was livid. The police, whom we are meant to believe and trust, had used my situation and played on on fears and gone ahead and made me Work for them in a sting involving missing mail.

It tool me 30 seconds to take all the equipment and ditch it in my front garden then phone the local Nick and tear them off a strip over the phone.
I told them the equipment was in the front garden and liable for thieves and had better get a move on before it got nicked.

I also informed the postman that he was under investigation, silly I know, but I was livid with the betraying police.

The police waited till I was out to pick up the stuff, and left a sorry note and some out of date biscuits for my Help.

That was the day I lost all faith in the police. And i've never ever been proved of their effectiveness ever since

trevelfarandwide

How did you keep control of yourselve ?

Haha, well...I very nearly tied the little shit in a knot, but holding him by his throat for 10 seconds (off his feet, considering I'm 6 foot 4 inches) and tonking his nose a few times whilst threatening him with further violence if he did it again, certainly did the trick. His legs went and he had to crawl home. :)

I still see the little c**t around, and I do the Robert DeNiro 'I'm watching you' from Meet the Parents at him. It's amazing what a bit of a slapping does for an unruly 17 year old.

trevelfarandwide

Left work yesterday, to find my car had been keyed from the rear quarter to the drivers door.

It was parked legally, and not blocking anyone etc.

Seriously what is the point? If I was blocking someone in, I'd understand it.

The thought occurs, since you were at work when it happened, do you have any issues with any of your workmates?

ccfc92

The thought occurs, since you were at work when it happened, do you have any issues with any of your workmates?

No, I've only been there a couple of months. It's highly unlikely it's anyone there, I haven't fallen out with anyone yet that I know of :)

trevelfarandwide

No, I've only been there a couple of months. It's highly unlikely it's anyone there, I haven't fallen out with anyone yet that I know of :)

Well, considering how tightly-wound some workplaces are, perhaps you have a slightly better haircut than someone there...'scrrrrrrrrrrreckkkk...hehe, take that Mr Fancy Hair, I hate yoooooou....' . :)

Users who are viewing this thread