Car parking in the Ricoh area. (1 Viewer)

StevieM

Just a reminder to all those intending to drive to Fridays game that the matchday exclusion zone is still in operation.
My mother-in-law lives off Holbrooks Lane and the Parking Wardens were out in force for the Jehovas bash last weekend-my missus counted 10 cars down her Mums road with tickets on.
One of the outlaws neighbours even had a ticket for parking outside his own gaff!
I've got a few resident "pass" tickets at home but I don't know what the dates are on them (they are the rub off date type lottery ticket type things issued to the locals by the council).
Wouldn't want any body to get a parking ticket as a surprise when they return to their motor after the game, so beware.

Kingokings204

while we are here....Can you park in the Ricoh Tesco car park if you pay?

Otis

while we are here....Can you park in the Ricoh Tesco car park if you pay?

I always park for free there. Never had any problems.

If the security are on the barriers and seem to be stopping cars I either pop in Tesco's and get some shopping or hang around a bit until they have gone. Usually though they are not there at the end of the game.

SkyBlueJord

Just looked to book a car park place within Ricoh Arena and the book now option wasn't to be found. Has it sold out?

SkyBlueScottie

Just looked to book a car park place within Ricoh Arena and the book now option wasn't to be found. Has it sold out?

You can only book car parking by visiting the Ricoh Arena now, online bookings are no longer being taken. I would use one of the "private" car parks.... or Tescos

Mr pot

Ive always parked lythalls lane way on Congleton close near the cherrytrees. Unfortunately the resident there passed away last year :-(. Im really unsure where to park. Cant remember if the cherrytrees was members only parking. I do know the parking attendant but I think its too much of getting a chance... might do the tesco trick

Last edited:

shmmeee

I always park for free there. Never had any problems.

If the security are on the barriers and seem to be stopping cars I either pop in Tesco's and get some shopping or hang around a bit until they have gone. Usually though they are not there at the end of the game.

This is my normal strategy too. Only ever been checked once.

theferret

Ive always parked lythalls lane way on Congleton close near the cherrytrees. Unfortunately the resident there passed away last year :-(. Im really unsure where to park. Cant remember if the cherrytrees was members only parking. I do know the parking attendant but I think its too much of getting a chance... might do the tesco trick

Don't need to be a member at the Cherry Tree, either to park or drink. £3 (or least is used to be).

Mr pot

Yeah your right. It because its says members or social club in the name. Ill give it bash.

Whats the parking at finbarrs like? Better there for the kids...

letsallsingtogether

Be careful for this game at Tescos they only have security at big games so would expect them to be all over the place on Friday.

shmmeee

Be careful for this game at Tescos they only have security at big games so would expect them to be all over the place on Friday.

Yeah if it's like other big games they'll be on the gates for 30-45 mins after the game. Have a coffee or two, or do some shopping if you can.

skybluesalex

Me and my brothers have always used Pizza Hut/Burger King - Got away for it for 7 seasons, but your allowed to park there if you buy something from either I think

chiefdave

Be worth checking the signs if you've planning to use Tesco, a lot of shopping places have started using ANPR and you automatically get a fine through the post if you're in there more than 2 hours. Not that they can legally enforce it of course but it's down to how much hassle you want.

shmmeee

Be worth checking the signs if you've planning to use Tesco, a lot of shopping places have started using ANPR and you automatically get a fine through the post if you're in there more than 2 hours. Not that they can legally enforce it of course but it's down to how much hassle you want.

They say that but I've never had a ticket and if you think about it, it's pretty unenforcible. Like you say, those tickets are so easy to get out of (did one for a Halfords car park recently) it's worth the risk. I think it's mostly scare tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread