Car Parking Rip Off (1 Viewer)

TheSnoz

Don't know if any of you have looked in the back of your car park season ticket book lately? There were 4 Cup vouchers there at start of season. Two of them have gone, Birmingham and Burton. Only 2 remaining. Now, in the (possibly unlikely) event of us progressing in any Cups, these two vouchers may be used up quickly. I phoned RICOH PARKING just now and was told if there are any more than 2 home cup games we will have to pay extra for parking. Now excuse me, am I dim or something, is this not an absolute rip off? Squeezing us fans for just a bit more. Ripped off in the first place for parking and then this. The chap in the office was unrepentant and tried to tell me they've always issued 4 Cup parking vouchers. This just isn't true and I told him. I feel strongly about it. I hope a few more of you complain and see it as exploitation.
(and please no jokes about extra cup games - I feel bad enough after Saturday).

torchomatic

Snoz, yeah we noticed that there were only four Cup vouchers and we've used two already. It is a rip-off considering how much we pay.

TheSnoz

Torchy, it was an amicable conversation but like talking to a brick wall with the guy at Ricoh Parking. Just another sneaky and mean way of squeezing more cash out of us fans. Underhand is a word I'd use. Especially at a point when people are turning their backs on the club. The guy seemed totally indifferent to the ethics of it. I don't think many fans will bother until they are asked for a tenner when their vouchers run out. Don't forget - JPT trophy, FA Cup First Round. We may not need them but watch people complain if we do. Complain to Ricoh Parking. ( 0844-873-6514). As PR the whole club, arena etc is a walking disaster. Customer service - forget it.

StevieM

Forget the carparks and park in the streets.
I suspect that there are going to be few Traffic Wardens "let go" by the council since our gates will not be over the 10,000 threshold for them to be on the beat doshing out fines.
Give it a few games and we'll be down to the season ticket holders plus a few away fans so no worries about parking then.
Perhaps the club should consider a "Ring and Ride" scheme for home games...could be a money spinner;)
PUSB

StevieM

The official carparking pricing is a disgrace really anyway, it is more expensive than it is to park in an NCP in the city centre and why - shouldn't the pricing be the same as all other Council manged carparks around the city?
Fair play to your old fellow Snoz, thats what I call a true City fan:claping hands:
Could he manage the walk from the Tesco carpark which seems to be what alot of people do on this forum?
Probably too late for this season, but if he is coming up from Wales every other week and tops up with petrol at the Tesco garage then surely he would qualify to park on their site legally?

theprince

The official carparking pricing is a disgrace really anyway, it is more expensive than it is to park in an NCP in the city centre and why - shouldn't the pricing be the same as all other Council manged carparks around the city?
Fair play to your old fellow Snoz, thats what I call a true City fan:claping hands:
Could he manage the walk from the Tesco carpark which seems to be what alot of people do on this forum?
Probably too late for this season, but if he is coming up from Wales every other week and tops up with petrol at the Tesco garage then surely he would qualify to park on their site legally?
Anyone can park in the Tesco car park, they have to spend atleast £25 so nip into Tesco grab some shoes and trousers and take them back the next day to any Tesco and get your money back.

stupot07

I didn't rip the cup game tickets out of my season ticket book, just bent the book back so I could display the ticket.

If it wasn't for my grandad I would pay for parking......am I right in thinking that the club gets nothing from parking and it is intact ACL who gets the income from it?

SkyBlueChris

did you keep the tickets after you used them? i have noone collects them and just reuse them...if anyone asks you didnt go to other cup games!

TheSnoz

Steve, I'll tell him. Cheers. He can actually walk a tiny bit, but fifty yards is a big deal for him. I got the car park pass so doubt whether they'd refund. I'd park on a street myself & walk and stuff the gits. But.
Lord - he was actually a pretty good player in his day. I've seen the photos. The way we're performing you got to wonder.
The only thing is I could kick him sometimes as its all his fault for getting me hooked all those years ago.

Torchy, it was an amicable conversation but like talking to a brick wall with the guy at Ricoh Parking. Just another sneaky and mean way of squeezing more cash out of us fans. Underhand is a word I'd use. Especially at a point when people are turning their backs on the club. The guy seemed totally indifferent to the ethics of it. I don't think many fans will bother until they are asked for a tenner when their vouchers run out. Don't forget - JPT trophy, FA Cup First Round. We may not need them but watch people complain if we do. Complain to Ricoh Parking. ( 0844-873-6514). As PR the whole club, arena etc is a walking disaster. Customer service - forget it.

I had in my innocence assumed that if we did get to home cup tie 5 (may be not to worry) that I would get in with the book of vouchers, seems maybe not.
I can't recall a season yet where all the cup vouchers have been used, you would have thought a bit give for once rather than take would be good PR.
If it comes to the crunch I suggest tell them at the gate that we've paid, drive in and see what happens.
By the way 0844 calls add to ACL coffers?

TheSnoz

thegameaintstraight (great name), PR? What's that? I asked the guys on the car park gate on Saturday. They said you got to pay extra if we do go to Cup game 5. I mean, they've actually reduced the number of Cup Vouchers in the book, knowing full well we've got the JPT & FA Cup from First Round. Now is that sneaky or what? It shows a level of strategic thinking on ACL's part, how to squeeze some more blood out of the stone.
It's just plain mean.

Nick

Administrator
How many were there from last season? Is there any mention of cup games when they advertise it?

TheSnoz - Agree it is mean.
Did you reckon the gate men on Sunday had instructions or perhaps they were just looking forward to to Cup game 5+ for a good pay day :pimp:
By the way, they dont record the vouchers we use do they? I know they tear off a strip but I've got several used ones with my number still on.
We could all report lost or stolen passes, by email preferably because in my experience they dont reply.

TheSnoz

When you think they've conveniently forgotten the free League Cup ticket given to season ticket holders from a season or two back, this mean bit of Cup ticket rip off, no wonder fans shake their heads at the petty nature of the club. Public relations doesn't enter into it.

crowsnest

When you think they've conveniently forgotten the free League Cup ticket given to season ticket holders from a season or two back, this mean bit of Cup ticket rip off, no wonder fans shake their heads at the petty nature of the club. Public relations doesn't enter into it.

Did we get the free league cup ticket when the first round was 2 legs and that changed a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread