Carabao cup second round (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Could have been worse, could have been better... Let's see who round 3 brings

Definitely be tempted not to field our strongest side - we would be playing on a Tuesday (I think) but a long journey, and little recovery time before the Friday night game v QPR.

larry_david

We have players who performed well in pre season though who can play. Drysdale, Burroughs, bapaga, Rowe, baka or max, Mason, sheaf/Kelly minutes. It's not all bad

covcity4life

Definitely be tempted not to field our strongest side - we would be playing on a Tuesday (I think) but a long journey, and little recovery time before the Friday night game v QPR.
Wow the game is next week?! To be fair I think quarter line up will be sorted by start of October!

Hopefully ifollow show this match too

Evo1883

I think this season more than before teams will prioritise the league and could well field much weaker teams

covcity4life

So early into the season. No point rotating much imo. Will be first 3 game week. We have a week off after yesterday's gamw remmeber

But rotation we can afford now is walker baka Shipley Drysdale jones etc so we can put a good team out but i hope for minimal rotation in cup personally

Lack of a rwb for so many games is a worry though

Sky Blue Harry H

I think this season more than before teams will prioritise the league and could well field much weaker teams
Agree - think the prize money for the second round is about £7,500 (not much change after coach travel. meals etc) - as you said earlier, the only real attraction is getting a TV game for a few ££s, but barely worth it in terms of the importance of staying in this division, with all that's going on.

covcity4life

Phil babb was a pretty good player weren't he to be fair
I rmeber at a autohraph signing i said good luck in usa for the wirls cup

Dont think he ever played for us again lol

Same with Scott damn I saw him outside ricoh after I went gym and said good luck k in the Tuesday night game later that evening. He left the weekend after lol

I tried my best on burge. Took multiple meetings lol

shmmeee

I thinkId play the first choice back 4 to get more time understanding each other and rotate the rest. Something like:

Marośi
Østigård McFadz Hyam (unless Rose is fit)
Pask Sheaf Shipley Mason
Jones Hilßner/Bapaga
Baka

Still good enough to win.

Evo1883

I rmeber at a autohraph signing i said good luck in usa for the wirls cup

Dont think he ever played for us again lol

Same with Scott damn I saw him outside ricoh after I went gym and said good luck k in the Tuesday night game later that evening. He left the weekend after lol

I tried my best on burge. Took multiple meetings lol
Just don't ever speak to dabo and we're good

Sky Blue Harry H

So early into the season. No point rotating much imo. Will be first 3 game week. We have a week off after yesterday's gamw remmeber

But rotation we can afford now is walker baka Shipley Drysdale jones etc so we can put a good team out but i hope for minimal rotation in cup personally

Lack of a rwb for so many games is a worry though

We would be playing Saturday, Tues (or Wed) and Friday next week isn't it?

In my opinion we sacrifice the Tues/Wed game (or risk it with 2nd string) to ensure our Friday team isn't compromised.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wolves or Stoke away (won't be tv. so meh!)

Play 2nd string, whchever game.

covcity4life

Wolves will be out to win cup

Stoke will be I proved if o Neil's work is anythinf to by

Tough game regardless

covcity4life

Maybe stoke will.win

We have a chance. We are a championship club now

Heck we best them when they in prem a d we in league 2

Hopefully wolves will play kids but they went far in europa so not worried about a lot of games

Sky Blue Harry H

I never like losing, but this season is so pivotal to the club, and the prize money so piffling, I just don't want extra unnecessary games. Fine to use Gillingham (and the next round if we get through) to give players game time (Max, JJ, etc, but I would fill the team up with the likes of Eccles, Bapaga, Burroughs etc. There is a chance Gillingham won't go full tilt due to similar early season concerns, so we may still get through, but it would be criminal to get players injured/leggy before our first home game just a couple of days later.

NorthernWisdom

Agree - think the prize money for the second round is about £7,500 (not much change after coach travel. meals etc) - as you said earlier, the only real attraction is getting a TV game for a few ££s, but barely worth it in terms of the importance of staying in this division, with all that's going on.
Winning breeds confidence. Plus the motivation of players playing well to make sure they're in the team for Liverpool / Man Utd / Galactic Allstars away.

Sky Blue Harry H

Winning breeds confidence. Plus the motivation of players playing well to make sure they're in the team for Liverpool / Man Utd / Galactic Allstars away.

Agree with the confidence bit (and don't want to lose the unbeaten 2020 tag) - but would you play our first string down at Gillingham on Tues/Wed with a first home game on the Friday night? Not for me.

covcity4life

Agree with the confidence bit (and don't want to lose the unbeaten 2020 tag) - but would you play our first string down at Gillingham on Tues/Wed with a first home game on the Friday night? Not for me.
Change 4 or 5. Good balance

Marosi
Hyam
Leo
Drysdale
Rowe
Kelly
Hamer
Shipley
Allen
Walker

For example. Still competitive