Carabao Cup (1 Viewer)

SBT

Based on what? It seems like a pretty sensible decision to postpone the game judging by the scale of the outbreak at Liverpool. I don’t think there’s a huge urgency to play this first leg, so plenty of time to reschedule.

Nick

Administrator
Based on what? It seems like a pretty sensible decision to postpone the game judging by the scale of the outbreak at Liverpool. I don’t think there’s a huge urgency to play this first leg, so plenty of time to reschedule.

Based on the decision to forfeit happening previously because of COVID cases.

SBT

Based on the decision to forfeit happening previously because of COVID cases.

Did that happen earlier in the competition? Can’t say I follow it too closely…

If there’s an opportunity to reschedule the game, then that’s always going to be the preferred option. With only four teams left and the final not until next month, there should be ample time to do so. It’s always about logistics rather than some kind of competition precedent - the organisers want the game to be played, especially at this late stage of the tournament.

Nick

Administrator
Did that happen earlier in the competition? Can’t say I follow it too closely…

If there’s an opportunity to reschedule the game, then that’s always going to be the preferred option. With only four teams left and the final not until next month, there should be ample time to do so. It’s always about logistics rather than some kind of competition precedent - the organisers want the game to be played, especially at this late stage of the tournament.

Yep, made to forfeit and the other team given a bye through to the next round.

SBT

So yeah, it happened to Leyton Orient in the pre-vaccine days of 2020 and they had to forfeit, but it seems like Covid rules have been added for this year’s tournament so I don’t think there’s gonna be an issue.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
So yeah, it happened to Leyton Orient in the pre-vaccine days of 2020 and they had to forfeit, but it seems like Covid rules have been added for this year’s tournament so I don’t think there’s gonna be an issue.

Nah, was this season too -

Not like you to argue with Nick for the sake of it...

Frostie

The Leyton Orient & Harrogate decisions were totally different though. As per the rules of the competition, any rearranged fixture must be played before the following round commences. That was impossible for Leyton Orient & Harrogate to do hence they had to forfeit. In the later rounds there's a bigger gap between rounds so plenty of time to reschedule.

SBT

Nah, was this season too -

Not like you to argue with Nick for the sake of it...

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Massive coincidence about all of the "false positives" that meant this game had to be called off.
Statistically that many false positives has to be virtually impossible doesn't it? Assume if it all kicks off they'll blame whoever did the tests.

Edit: seems like a single sales positive is 1 in 1000, some one better than me at maths can work out the odds of getting multiple false positives.

Nick

Administrator
Statistically that many false positives has to be virtually impossible doesn't it? Assume if it all kicks off they'll blame whoever did the tests.

I don't know what the chances are of having that many in the same day in the same place and them then being negative just after?

chiefdave

I don't know what the chances are of having that many in the same day in the same place and them then being negative just after?
My stats isn't great but it seems one false positive is 1 in 1000 so the odds of getting a huge number on the same day seem slim to say the least.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My stats isn't great but it seems one false positive is 1 in 1000 so the odds of getting a huge number on the same day seem slim to say the least.

Put it this way, the chances of this being a coincidence or accident are very slim.

Anything with Klopp involved makes me raise an eyebrow these days anyway. Bloke is a bitch.

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't look as if they are going to be investigated.

So as I said which people said "won't happen". Teams will play the game to get things called off.

SBT

The false positives thing doesn't make sense, but I'm still not sure why they'd go to all this trouble faking tests for the sake of the Carabao Cup and then essentially admit it afterwards?

clint van damme

Xakha has to be one of the most useless twats to have ever played in the English top flight, an absolute liability.

rob9872

174 games 46 yellows, 5 reds

no_loyalty

Good to see the Gunners crashing out, after they postponed the Spurs game to try and gain an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread