Cardiff break (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

I'm treating my wife to a UK city break. We had a bit of a shitter financially/life event wise recently so need to be thrifty.

We chose Cardiff as we went to uni in South Wales so it holds good memories. That was over 10 years ago so our local knowledge is a bit out of date.

We have found a nice hotel but need some entertainment or event ideas along with some restaurant and bar recommendations.

Anyone have any interesting ideas?

Thanks in advance

Alkhen

Oh yeah have any of you used voucher sites like Groupon? Are they dodgy?

Although the choices are not massively inspiring the prices seem a bit good to be true..

rob9872

A lot of the guys go fown for the rugby as we hold one if those debentures from our sister company that used to be down there, when the milennium stadium was first built. They normally head to the Bayside Brasserie for lunch. I can't recommend as I've not personally been and as I say they use it for lunch rather than dinner, but they keep going back so I assume it's decent.

NorthernWisdom

Oh yeah have any of you used voucher sites like Groupon? Are they dodgy?

Although the choices are not massively inspiring the prices seem a bit good to be true..
All I can say is the ones that end up on groupon when I look tend to have ropey reviews on tripadvisor.

Check before booking!

Asfor Cardiff, my info's nearly as out of date as yours, so good luck. Take her for a fry-up in Ramone's ;)

Alkhen

All I can say is the ones that end up on groupon when I look tend to have ropey reviews on tripadvisor.

Check before booking!

Asfor Cardiff, my info's nearly as out of date as yours, so good luck. Take her for a fry-up in Ramone's ;)

Yeah definitely a mixed bunch of reviews. I'll jot down Ramones cheers :)

Alkhen

A lot of the guys go fown for the rugby as we hold one if those debentures from our sister company that used to be down there, when the milennium stadium was first built. They normally head to the Bayside Brasserie for lunch. I can't recommend as I've not personally been and as I say they use it for lunch rather than dinner, but they keep going back so I assume it's decent.

Noted ta. I think that Wales are playing France in Paris the weekend Im going so I am hoping they win to soak up some atmosphere

Users who are viewing this thread