Carl Baker (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

does anyone know how long his current contracts runs too
need to keep players of that quality

J

Jack Griffin

Thanks for that Professor, I just cut & pasted from CCFC official, tell them to update it. Its pretty obvious he is still here. :whistle:

CJparker

Yes I think he has 2 years to run after this one

CJparker

if he stays he needs to learn not to lose the ball so much

the kid has promise

"the kid" he's 30!!!

Also, in terms of his contract, I can't see us getting deluged with transfer fee bids, so he will be here until he expires probably

covmark

"the kid" he's 30!!!

Also, in terms of his contract, I can't see us getting deluged with transfer fee bids, so he will be here until he expires probably
Wouldn't be so sure mate, 14 goals from midfield could attract some interest

CJparker

Anybody offer £250k+ snap their hand off, thought he was back to his abysmal best on Friday.

He hadn't recovered from his surgery - he said on Facebook after the game that he was playing through the pain barrier, and it showed.

CJparker

Does this injury occur every 2nd game?

I expect him to have a blinder tomorrow and be dog turd on Saturday....

He has been generally more consistent this season - so much so that he is likely to win the London Supporters' Club player of the year, which is based on man of the match nominations after each game.

In the Champ he would have 1 good game in 10, now he goes through patches of form lasting for multiple games - the step down in opposition is noticable.

mark82

He has been generally more consistent this season - so much so that he is likely to win the London Supporters' Club player of the year, which is based on man of the match nominations after each game.

In the Champ he would have 1 good game in 10, now he goes through patches of form lasting for multiple games - the step down in opposition is noticable.

I'd be surprised if he didn't win the real player of the year award too bearing in mind McGoldrick & Clarke have only done a couple of months each (albeit successfully).

skybluesam66

good points
wants to take a player on/ good at free kicks/ not scared to shoot

bad points
poor crosser(corners)/ bad tackler-tracking back/ wastes a lot of possession

I am often critical, but may be that is what you get for a league one player
you just have to get a team with enough of the good bits

he is certainly at his level however

mark82

Top scoring midfielder in the league. What more would you want/expect from an attacking midfielder.

Baginton

was it him who sprayed that 40 yard ball across the field to the left wing, it went over the Donny players head and dropped onto the foot of our player, pass of the season, also Flecks ball out wide for Christies goal was sublime too :claping hands:

SkyBlue_Bear83

was it him who sprayed that 40 yard ball across the field to the left wing, it went over the Donny players head and dropped onto the foot of our player, pass of the season, also Flecks ball out wide for Christies goal was sublime too :claping hands:
I think that was Barton if we are thinking of the same pass, drilled it about 2 inches above the Doncatser players head and dropped right onto Stewarts foot

Nonleagueherewecome

"the kid" he's 30!!!

Reminds me of the Steve Waugh interview this week during which he said that Shane Watson had the "potential to be a top Test batsman". Watson is 31 and will be 32 before The Ashes commence; somebody's sounding desperate! :claping hands:

covboy1987

Baker

Little surprised by some of the comments on Baker particularly letting him go for £250,000 which would be a snip, got to be worth double that at least but of course footballs an opinion game and everyone is entitled to their own
Thought he done okay in first half against Doncaster so again surprised one comment about him being abysmal
Scored 14 goals from midfield position this season not bad! some league one strikers have not got near that figure
Showed up well on occasions last season in a poor championship side
Agreed not the finished article but will no doubt be on 5 or 6 championship clubs shopping lists in the summer particularly Mark Robins

CJparker

Little surprised by some of the comments on Baker particularly letting him go for £250,000 which would be a snip, got to be worth double that at least
Agreed not the finished article but will no doubt be on 5 or 6 championship clubs shopping lists in the summer particularly Mark Robins

With us in admin, if he does got it will probably be in a cut price deal

CJparker

Reminds me of the Steve Waugh interview this week during which he said that Shane Watson had the "potential to be a top Test batsman". Watson is 31 and will be 32 before The Ashes commence; somebody's sounding desperate! :claping hands:

'Steve Waugh in "talking rubbish again" shock'

TheSnoz

Not sure some of you guys realise Carl Baker had a hernia operation ten days ago. He performed a miracle to even be on the pitch on Saturday. Ran himself into the ground. He's an outstanding player, can do things not many can at Championship and Third Division level. Takes people on, which is surely what fans want to see? 14 goals from midfield. We're lucky to have him.

Baginton

City are so lucky, usually administrators come in, let half the players go, sell the decent players for peanuts, play the kids, lay off the kit man and secretary etc etc

Baginton

Not sure some of you guys realise Carl Baker had a hernia operation ten days ago. He performed a miracle to even be on the pitch on Saturday. Ran himself into the ground. He's an outstanding player, can do things not many can at Championship and Third Division level. Takes people on, which is surely what fans want to see? 14 goals from midfield. We're lucky to have him.

why was he rushed back for a nothing match?
why did he play at 100% pace so soon after the op?
he lost the ball and stretched for it which wasnt the best idea lol

outstanding... no, commited yes

he was actually clutching his ankle(I think) ten minutes before he was subbed!

mattylad

can see most of the big earners being allowed to leave for free by the administrator too slash the wage bill. will be like Portsmouth where the player agrees to wave all future contract payments and the club wave the transfer fee.

corniepaste

if he stays he needs to learn not to lose the ball so much

the kid has promise

I sort of agree. I would rather have him than not. At least if it is just pomposity, he gives the illusion of giving a toss more than the others. Reminds me of telfer. God i wish we had a telfer. He would ruin some of the left and right backs in this league.

Seem to recall me defending Carl Baker pre-season and predicting he'd be a key player for us.

I notice Mr Knowitall lordsummerisle doesn't tend to give his opinion on him much these days.

Spencer

I sort of agree. I would rather have him than not. At least if it is just pomposity, he gives the illusion of giving a toss more than the others. Reminds me of telfer. God i wish we had a telfer. He would ruin some of the left and right backs in this league.

I realise I know nothing about football (and I mean that in all seriousness) but:

a) I thought Telfer was an awful player (never understood how he got a game),
b) I love watching Baker (he makes me excited - I love seeing a touch of skill being used to skin an opposing player).

Users who are viewing this thread