CBS issues (4 Viewers)

MalcSB

The pitch was in tip top condition up until last weekend until those idiots were allowed to over use it over three days. That pitch needs a months extensive work doing to it… then re laying in November and December!
Wasps supporters seemed surprised at how badly the pitch cut up from game 1 of the 7s which cutest the pitch wasn’t actually in tip top condition.

MalcSB

I’ve calmed down a bit now. I think wasps will blame the weather being so dry. Don’t fully understand as there’s no hosepipe ban. Am really confused, and seems deliberate, why no contact has been made before Friday. It may be we’ve tried. I’m now mostly disappointed for fellow fans who are out of pocket and a simple apology would have been nice
They can’t blame the weather. As you say, no hosepipe ban. Of course, water costs money so maybe they couldn’t afford to use the sprinklers.

edit - From quick research I don’t think hosepipe bans apply to commercial premises.

ATB81

The pitch was in tip top condition up until last weekend until those idiots were allowed to over use it over three days. That pitch needs a months extensive work doing to it… then re laying in November and December!

Right ok, fair dos. What a mess

Grendel

PVA

There is a photo of the pitch a few days before the cwg games started and it looks maculate. Fast forward a few weeks to the shit show we have now

Probably only looked good superficially though.

Grass can look great from a distance but if the turf underneath is fucked then it will soon cut up.

Ashdown

Th concert would have caused minimal damage….. 66 games of rugby however in none dry conditions would inevitably cause untold damage.
CCFC saying tickets for rearranged fixture will be valid isn’t good enough either. Many will not be able to make another date, so refunds must be offered. This doesn’t even begin to address the inconvenience and expenses incurred by others and the loss of business for local Coventry business’s.

SlowerThanPlatt

Th concert would have caused minimal damage….. 66 games of rugby however in none dry conditions would inevitably cause untold damage.
CCFC saying tickets for rearranged fixture will be valid isn’t good enough either. Many will not be able to make another date, so refunds must be offered. This doesn’t even begin to address the inconvenience and expenses incurred by others and the loss of business for local Coventry business’s.

We probably don’t have the finance to offer refunds

JimmyHillsbeard

That’s the strange thing. We knew and the EFL knew, did nobody think this was a distinct possibility ?! I’m no gardener but playing a stack of back to back rugby games over three days in the middle of summer doesn’t sound like ideal preparation a week before our first game

I get the feeling the bigger issue was the failure to re-lay an already problematic surface in the summer.
Presumably Wasps’ financial predicament led to the failure to carry out an agreed procedure.

Hobo

They can’t blame the weather. As you say, no hosepipe ban. Of course, water costs money so maybe they couldn’t afford to use the sprinklers.

edit - From quick research I don’t think hosepipe bans apply to commercial premises.

A strong possibility regarding cost. It will be on a meter at a business rate because of the amount of water they potentially use.

Their statement tries to push it back on Cov a bit - they were keen for the game to go ahead dispite the short turn around after Commonwealth Games.

We will all be in the dark around the consultation process between the two clubs before the games; what was discussed, what advice given, what assurances were given and importantly what has or hasn't actually been delivered?

It is shoddy by Wasps but there is a possibility Coventry were a bit complacent and took their eye of the ball?

It is a total cock up however the cookie crumbled.

fatso

Correct, the weather had absolutely no impact, which can be seen by the excellent condition of all the football league pitches throughout the country.

Balli001

So today off. But realistically how quickly can an unsafe pitch be transformed into a safe one? Are we going to have a month of cancelled home fixtures? The club and efl need to get a joint statement out asap informing fans of an expected timeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can only have an expected timeline once they know how long it will take them to fix

Tile Hill Phil

Futbology doing it’s best to cheer me up

cb049900e97d163e8d1d9fc25e682ebb.jpg
Exactly,refunds must be paid out for those that can’t make the rearranged and an apology wouldn’t go amiss

Colin Steins Smile

There is a photo of the pitch a few days before the cwg games started and it looks maculate. Fast forward a few weeks to the shit show we have now
Just because it's green in colour doesn't mean it's in good condition. The failure to relay the pitch and holding those concerts on it were always going to cause problems.

Grendel

Just because it's green in colour doesn't mean it's in good condition. The failure to relay the pitch and holding those concerts on it were always going to cause problems.

It was only seeded after the concert so it was always going to be in a poor condition

slowpoke

I was at the Higgs Friday and the pitches there were being watered.

ceetee

My Lancashire based family had a couple of days at the Commonwealth Games and then came to us on Friday. Going to the game today was the highlight for my son and grandson. Instead they are now on their way home. No way will they be able to come down for a rearranged evening game unless it's at half term. More than disappointing because we don't get many opportunities to go to a game together. Hopefully we'll get a refund or at least a credit

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Wasps need to compensate the fans that have booked accommodation more than the club, the club they need to fix the pitch for and if they break another promise then we take them to court

SkyBlueSoul

Woken up and I'm still fuming. I'm one of the lucky one's who's got family down here I can stay with too.

The whole situation is a shitshow, from Wasps not relaying the pitch etc as promised to the communication seemingly being so bad that the club didn't know just how bad it was. Why only now are we seeking urgent talks with them? Should have been on them all summer at least knowing the state they're in. What worries me is the fallout from this, I cba with another saga that rolls on all season or longer where we're contending with a shit pitch that affects our game, the hatred builds back up and SISU play stupid games to distress them.

Last season was great and we need to build on it, we deserve more than one good season in a blue moon without background politics fucking everything up.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Woken up and I'm still fuming. I'm one of the lucky one's who's got family down here I can stay with too.

The whole situation is a shitshow, from Wasps not relaying the pitch etc as promised to the communication seemingly being so bad that the club didn't know just how bad it was. Why only now are we seeking urgent talks with them? Should have been on them all summer at least knowing the state they're in. What worries me is the fallout from this, I cba with another saga that rolls on all season or longer where we're contending with a shit pitch that affects our game, the hatred builds back up and SISU play stupid games to distress them.

Last season was great and we need to build on it, we deserve more than one good season in a blue moon without background politics fucking everything up.
Unfortunately its all we are gonna get while these wankers are around (both Sisu and Waps) with Sisu being the lesser of two evils. I can put aside my sisu hatred temporarily whilst the wanky wasps are still existing or in Coventry

Grendel

I’ve calmed down a bit now. I think wasps will blame the weather being so dry. Don’t fully understand as there’s no hosepipe ban. Am really confused, and seems deliberate, why no contact has been made before Friday. It may be we’ve tried. I’m now mostly disappointed for fellow fans who are out of pocket and a simple apology would have been nice

I’m sure you’ve the saying a leopard never changes her spots

Users who are viewing this thread