CCFC Chat (1 Viewer)

SLOnAir

What logistical problems? Are you seriously suggesting cwr is unable to send a reporter up a hill to record opinion?

It is not for me to allocate reporters or any other staff. I agree it would be an interesting thing to do, but those of us who work there each week have roles to fulfill which make that difficult to say the least.

SLOnAir

In terms of resolution what do you:

a) consider the most likely outcome at this point in time?

b) consider the most preferable outcome?

And what do you consider can be done to encourage b)

Impossible to answer those questions until we know the outcome of the ongoing legal action. Once that is resolved, we will - hopefully - have some clarity with which we can look at all that.

DaleM

Would it be possible to have a word with someone at the BBC and when the accounts are finally published for CCFC have a proper investigative journalist look into the shenanigans that have allegedly been going on ? It would make cracking viewing . Panorama maybe ?

NorthernWisdom

Impossible to answer those questions until we know the outcome of the ongoing legal action. Once that is resolved, we will - hopefully - have some clarity with which we can look at all that.

First question... which legal action? SISU's v CCC, or ACL v NTFC?

Assuming the former, let's deal in a hypothetical, and assume that the outcome of the ongoing legal action will be as it was first time around. What then?

SLOnAir

So you can't see those on the Hill from where you sit/ stand?

Yes, but from that distance it is not absolutely clear how many are there and they do move (presumably to get the best view) during the match. It may well be that there were more than 40 there on Sunday, but we reported the number provided to us by the police.

DaleM

Yes, but from that distance it is not absolutely clear how many are there and they do move (presumably to get the best view) during the match. It may well be that there were more than 40 there on Sunday, but we reported the number provided to us by the police.

Better ask for a copper who can count next week . The crowd figure was out too :thinking about:

SLOnAir

what was the point of holding the fans forums then not listening to the customer?

I presume you mean the forums held by the club? Tim Fisher is the only person who can answer that question. They were events that he set up. I believe that, when he planned them, he thought the administration process would be completed by the time they were held, but it obviously didn't work out like that.

SLOnAir

Would it be possible to have a word with someone at the BBC and when the accounts are finally published for CCFC have a proper investigative journalist look into the shenanigans that have allegedly been going on ? It would make cracking viewing . Panorama maybe ?

I am sure my colleagues at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire will report appropriately at every stage.

simple_simon

Strange that the police always come and check on us and take photos and know the exact number, as they also know how many inside.
Why would the police talk to you and why would they lie?
As a proffesional I think you should listen to a recording of your show and see how it sounds to those listening

Last edited:

skybluejelly

stuart ..do you think the police in northampton can count...as simple simon has said that the police are giving much lower figures for those entering sixfields,,

and he also stated there were 100 on the hill on sunday yet you say the police only said 40...do they have any fingers missing or are they from leicester

torchomatic

Can I ask Simple Simon why he's got such a chip on his shoulder?

SLOnAir

First question... which legal action? SISU's v CCC, or ACL v NTFC?

Assuming the former, let's deal in a hypothetical, and assume that the outcome of the ongoing legal action will be as it was first time around. What then?

I was referring to the former. I think it's foolish to speculate on the outcome, but whatever it is, if it is a definitive, final ruling there will hopefully be a basis for proper, sensible talks to follow.

Rusty Trombone

If I go to a pub that is showing a City match on Sky do you really think I am helping to fund the owners, and if so, how does anyone know I am watching the game rather than the ladies?

SLOnAir

Strange that the police always come and check on us and take photos and know the exact number, as they also know how many inside.
Why would the police talk to you and why would they lie?
As a proffesional I think you should listen to a recording of your show and see how it sounds to those listening

You make some interesting assumptions. One of the issues is that many people have firm, set, not for changing opinions - which they're entitled to - but they hear what they want to hear and don't like anything that fails to chime with their perspective.

SLOnAir

stuart ..do you think the police in northampton can count...as simple simon has said that the police are giving much lower figures for those entering sixfields,,

and he also stated there were 100 on the hill on sunday yet you say the police only said 40...do they have any fingers missing or are they from leicester

Don't get me started on Leicester!

torchomatic

Christ, you've just described half of the posters on here!

You make some interesting assumptions. One of the issues is that many people have firm, set, not for changing opinions - which they're entitled to - but they hear what they want to hear and don't like anything that fails to chime with their perspective.

jas365

CWR is supposed to be our sky blues station, yet none of your presenters, you included, have any idea how we buy tickets for away games. Isn't it part of your responsibilty to find this out for when people ask the question on air?

Also, why do you think watching the game on Sky in a few weeks defeats the object of the NOPM campaign - ridiculous!

NorthernWisdom

Oh, and a follow-up, do you consider there has been ajn attempt to manipulate through the use of the media, the impression that there is one sole alternative to SISU?

Do you consider, in your judgement, that there is one sole alternative to SISU?

simple_simon

Personally I do not care about the nopm idea or am I bothered about who owns us anymore I just want my club ack at the Ricoh and my stance is to do everything I can to show that the majority of fans want the same.

What make the FL and SISU change things? An empty SIxfields or a full Sixfields?

SLOnAir

If I go to a pub that is showing a City match on Sky do you really think I am helping to fund the owners, and if so, how does anyone know I am watching the game rather than the ladies?

My point, which appears to have been missed, was that there is a one-off fee paid by Sky for each match they screen. I was not referring to the general pay-out which all clubs get anyway. I was not saying it was wrong to watch a match on Sky, but bearing in mind that the Sky money ultimately comes from those who watch, whether at home or in the pub, where do you draw the line re NOPM? I think it's a fair point for discussion, but I was not in any way criticising anyone who chooses to watch on Sky. I hope many people do, to see for themselves just how well this fine young side is playing.

Chipfat

Do you think the FL have let the fans and club down.

And do you think Mr Appleton was the correct person to be put in control of the admin process or should it of been an independent company with no prior connections to any interested parties involved.

simple_simon

Do you think the FL have let the fans and club down.

And do you think Mr Appleton was the correct person to be put in control of the admin process or should it of been an independent company with no prior connections to any interested parties involved.

Good questions chipfat

DaleM

Have you spoken to any of the players ? It is well known how the captain and the manager feel about playing at Sixfields. Any others share the same opinion ? Are the whole team united in wanting to be back in Cov ?

SLOnAir

CWR is supposed to be our sky blues station, yet none of your presenters, you included, have any idea how we buy tickets for away games. Isn't it part of your responsibilty to find this out for when people ask the question on air?

Also, why do you think watching the game on Sky in a few weeks defeats the object of the NOPM campaign - ridiculous!

All ticket purchasing for this season has been a developing story, and I agree that reporters covering the club should know what they are. I can't speak for others but I hold my hand up I have not pursued that personally. My defence is that I work elsewhere for the BBC during the week and although I keep in close touch with the affairs of CCFC I concentrate on those issues that are relevant to match days when I am on air at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

As for Sky v NOPM, I answered that to someone else a moment ago. I never said that it defeated the objects of NOPM, but merely where you draw the line, given that there is a one-off match fee paid by Sky for showing each match. I do query the objectives of NOPM - not saying it's wrong, people must do what they think is right - but I'm not sure it makes total sense.

Rusty Trombone

My point, which appears to have been missed, was that there is a one-off fee paid by Sky for each match they screen. I was not referring to the general pay-out which all clubs get anyway. I was not saying it was wrong to watch a match on Sky, but bearing in mind that the Sky money ultimately comes from those who watch, whether at home or in the pub, where do you draw the line re NOPM? I think it's a fair point for discussion, but I was not in any way criticising anyone who chooses to watch on Sky. I hope many people do, to see for themselves just how well this fine young side is playing.

Thanks Stuart, I draw the line on whether I am giving one penny more to the clubs owners, being in a pub that is showing a game does not give them one penny more, you were suggesting that it did, but now apparantly you don't hold that view, so good on you. I will probably watch through the window anyway, probably standing on a hill. Also thanks for coming on here to answer questions.

SLOnAir

As a media professional, do you consider both 'sides' of the dispute's use of the media to have been helpful in finding a reolution, or do you think it has merely exacerbated the divisions?

I think much of the "use of the media" as you describe it has been appallingly handled by all concerned. Some has been useful and constructive, but so much hasn't.

Paxman II

Stuart, have you requested an interview with Mr Fisher to discuss the present issues and fans concerns about the present state of CCFC in order to gain some public clarity and has that request been ignored or responded to? Indeed if ignored has the request been made repeatedly for such an interview?

Users who are viewing this thread