CCFC Chat (1 Viewer)

jas365

All ticket purchasing for this season has been a developing story, and I agree that reporters covering the club should know what they are. I can't speak for others but I hold my hand up I have not pursued that personally. My defence is that I work elsewhere for the BBC during the week and although I keep in close touch with the affairs of CCFC I concentrate on those issues that are relevant to match days when I am on air at BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

As for Sky v NOPM, I answered that to someone else a moment ago. I never said that it defeated the objects of NOPM, but merely where you draw the line, given that there is a one-off match fee paid by Sky for showing each match. I do query the objectives of NOPM - not saying it's wrong, people must do what they think is right - but I'm not sure it makes total sense.

Read your comment on NOPM earlier - that was fair enough, but my payment to Sky won't change regardless of whether or not I watch the game, so from my point of view i'm not paying for it.

I think the issue with tickets is really important though, not everyone has the internet and no one on your station seeme to be aware that there is actually an office where you can go to buy tickets. I suggest this gets researched for the next friday show, to save Mr Eakin the trouble of having to say "I don't know" when replying to a call or e-mail about away tickets!!!

SLOnAir

Oh, and a follow-up, do you consider there has been ajn attempt to manipulate through the use of the media, the impression that there is one sole alternative to SISU?

Do you consider, in your judgement, that there is one sole alternative to SISU?

I am not aware of any alternative to the present owners that is clearly available and genuinely ready to make a move. Maybe any that may exist are waiting for the outcome of the ongoing legal action. If so, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, does what.

DaleM

If you were a normal fan and not a broadcaster Stuart what "camp" would you subscribe to ? Would you go to Sixfields or not ?

SLOnAir

Do you think the FL have let the fans and club down.

And do you think Mr Appleton was the correct person to be put in control of the admin process or should it of been an independent company with no prior connections to any interested parties involved.

I think the actions of the Football League should be examined indepedently if, for no other reason, to guide the League in the future.

As for the administrator, the appropriate and normal process was followed. The appointment of an "independent" company or individual in the way you mean it would not have happened in any circumstances. That is now how it works. It it had not been Mr Appleton, it would probably have been Mr Guilfoyle who was the original choice of ACL. Remember, ACL accepted and agreed to Mr Appleton's appointment in court.

SLOnAir

Have you spoken to any of the players ? It is well known how the captain and the manager feel about playing at Sixfields. Any others share the same opinion ? Are the whole team united in wanting to be back in Cov ?

My assessment is that, as young footballers, they are just concerned about playing and doing well, wherever that may be, but there are a number, particularly the local lads who would love to be back in Coventry.

duffer

My point, which appears to have been missed, was that there is a one-off fee paid by Sky for each match they screen. I was not referring to the general pay-out which all clubs get anyway. I was not saying it was wrong to watch a match on Sky, but bearing in mind that the Sky money ultimately comes from those who watch, whether at home or in the pub, where do you draw the line re NOPM? I think it's a fair point for discussion, but I was not in any way criticising anyone who chooses to watch on Sky. I hope many people do, to see for themselves just how well this fine young side is playing.

Politely, I think I'm still missing the point. Are you really saying that watching CCFC on Sky is failing in some way to support NOPM?

Personally, I think that's a pretty thin argument. I'd have said that the key to NOPM is to match attendance, a few thousand of us not watching Sky isn't likely to stop them showing our games is it? In terms of viewer figures it's a tiny percentage.

However, losing 80 - 90% of your paying customers would give most businesses pause for thought, I'd venture.

It does though, perhaps open up an interesting discussion around sponsors. Could it be that SISU have managed to make CCFC a toxic brand, someone that many local companies are now nervous to be associated with? Evidence suggests they're struggling to get a deal at the moment - is that in part down to NOPM, I wonder?

SLOnAir

Stuart, have you requested an interview with Mr Fisher to discuss the present issues and fans concerns about the present state of CCFC in order to gain some public clarity and has that request been ignored or responded to? Indeed if ignored has the request been made repeatedly for such an interview?

Such requests are made by the radio station's editors, but I am more than ready to interview Tim Fisher, or anyone else - from CCFC, ACL, or any other relevant party at any time. I think, however, that just now most are reluctant to talk until the ongoing legal action is resolved.

SLOnAir

Read your comment on NOPM earlier - that was fair enough, but my payment to Sky won't change regardless of whether or not I watch the game, so from my point of view i'm not paying for it.

I think the issue with tickets is really important though, not everyone has the internet and no one on your station seeme to be aware that there is actually an office where you can go to buy tickets. I suggest this gets researched for the next friday show, to save Mr Eakin the trouble of having to say "I don't know" when replying to a call or e-mail about away tickets!!!

Then please contact Clive ahead of Friday's show and tell him so.

SLOnAir

If you were a normal fan and not a broadcaster Stuart what "camp" would you subscribe to ? Would you go to Sixfields or not ?

I have said on air that I would not, but that does imply that I belong to any "camp" - just that I think Coventry City should play in Coventry, whatever else may be going on.

SLOnAir

Politely, I think I'm still missing the point. Are you really saying that watching CCFC on Sky is failing in some way to support NOPM?

Personally, I think that's a pretty thin argument. I'd have said that the key to NOPM is to match attendance, a few thousand of us not watching Sky isn't likely to stop them showing our games is it? In terms of viewer figures it's a tiny percentage.

However, losing 80 - 90% of your paying customers would give most businesses pause for thought, I'd venture.

It does though, perhaps open up an interesting discussion around sponsors. Could it be that SISU have managed to make CCFC a toxic brand, someone that many local companies are now nervous to be associated with? Evidence suggests they're struggling to get a deal at the moment - is that in part down to NOPM, I wonder?

It could be, but those not attending Sixfields do not all subscribe to NOPM.

duffer

Remember, ACL accepted and agreed to Mr Appleton's appointment in court.

I think because there was really no choice in it; once SISU had filed for administration, they got to choose the administrator. Clearly ACL aren't happy now with how he's handled it. Might yet go back to court, perhaps.

sba gaz

I understand that on a match day you have to be impartial. However on here surely you can speak like a fan and say what you want.

jas365

Then please contact Clive ahead of Friday's show and tell him so.

I don't know exactly where this office is, I buy away tickets by phoning the other teams ticket office and getting them direct from the other club, I just know that there is one for people to use if they prefer to, its somewhere on Foleshill Road I believe. But IMO the information should be to hand for all of your presenters in case the question is raised.

It just shows what a joke the club has become when people want to go and can't because they don't know where to get tickets from!

torchomatic

Tonylinc

Thank you Stuart for that. Unfortunately joined the thread far too late due to bloody work but enjoyed what I was able to catch with. Will try to join earlier next time as I would like to put some questions to you. Maybe there is some way that your appearance can be advertised??

Grendel

Any chance you can FUCK OFF

I love when you and your equally ignorant sidekick simple show yourselves to be two of the most ignorant, incapable people on here.

Utterly clueless and incapable of a constructive thought or opinion between you.

Tonylinc

You and your big fucking mouth! I was gonna ask for a signed photo FFS! :(
That sounds like a very sarcastic comment. Maybe it is not and I have got it completely wrong.....in which case I apologise. Look, SL is a fan just like us but in his position he is not able to comment like we are and to come on to this board when he knows that many fans are against him takes some guts. I for one applaud him for that!

RoboCCFC90

Thirded. If there is such a word......if not then there should be

I don't agree with swearing at people but I think Mr Carpy Cov should just be given a warning the thing is there is a lot of name calling on this forum every day.

It's no way an excuse for what he said but an apology would suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread