CCFC Club in Crisis (1 Viewer)

I was eleven in 87

Big article.

Says nothing really.

Can't see anything being achieved in this meeting that benefits CCFC to be honest but we live in hope i suppose!!

wingy

Is this a response to the Survey prior to the season's start we were all invited to fill in?
When all the takeover shenanigans started again early in the summer and the exposed rental agreement was snapped, I did wonder if maybe there was any pressure building from the authorities.
Also wondered if anyone possibly got to rub shoulders with FL/FA at Wembley?

Last edited:

oucho

They might discuss our situation but they won't do anything about it. They haven't got the authority within the EFL constitution and they wouldn't use it even if they did.

lifeskyblue

Any outcome from the efl meeting might be of great importance. Certainly might focus the minds of sisu et al to get negotiating over a ground and/or the JRs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Is this a response to the Survey prior to the season's start we were all invited to fill in?
When all the takeover shenanigans started again early in the summer and the exposed rental agreement was snapped, I did wonder if maybe there was any pressure building from the authorities.
Also wondered if anyone possibly got to rub spoilers with FL/FA at Wembley?

Rub spoilers, sounds like a weird euphemism for something.

I don't know, by the sounds of it it's a bog standard meeting with the FL and Simon has suggested that the topic of conversation is Coventry City's crisis

Legohead said:
EFL officials will talk about the situation at CCFC when all of the league’s clubs take part in the latest of their regular behind closed doors meetings.

wingy

Rub spoilers, sounds like a weird euphemism for something.

I don't know, by the sounds of it it's a bog standard meeting with the FL and Simon has suggested that the topic of conversation is Coventry City's crisis
Yeah, edited, got to be honest I replied before reading the article. |-O

Covstu

On the return from six fields were they not given 5 years to find a solution? Kind of brings it to ext year roughly doesn't it? It's going to be more talking with people who have no power to influence and nowt more happens.

As for the fans, I agree that most have lost the fight. People just want to go and watch football either home or away but a larger proportion choose not to attend at all.

singers_pore

The only way to make a difference is by using borderline illegal tactics against TF and JS. But we know that this will incur the ire of many fans who find it hard to see that an illegal action can also sometimes be a moral action. So nothing gets done.

Covstu

The only way to make a difference is by using borderline illegal tactics against TF and JS. But we know that this will incur the ire of many fans who find it hard to see that an illegal action can also sometimes be a moral action. So nothing gets done.
Like what exactly?

Gosford Green

The FL have fingers crossed we will get relegated out the football league so it is not their problem.

The club have been looking at alternative grounds since last year as they know that Joy and Dermot were going to proceed with JR2 which is as we're all aware of is basically trying trying to bankrupt Wasps, the people they hope to do come to a deal with.

Things just keep getting worse, both off and on the pitch.

lifeskyblue

I've always advocated preventing the start of a 3pm kick off by blocking the main road, preventing the players getting to the stadium. Yes I know it wouldn't be popular with many not feeling they could join such action and I understand that. However without taking that sort of risk of arrest and maximising media attention we will not have any impact on the efl or sisu or whoever. Of course with crowds as they are and with the small percentage prepared to take such action we probably couldn't even block access to the footbridge.

Gosford Green

I've always advocated preventing the start of a 3pm kick off by blocking the main road, preventing the players getting to the stadium. Yes I know it wouldn't be popular with many not feeling they could join such action and I understand that. However without taking that sort of risk of arrest and maximising media attention we will not have any impact on the efl or sisu or whoever. Of course with crowds as they are and with the small percentage prepared to take such action we probably couldn't even block access to the footbridge.

We tried protesting. last season. We had people who for weeks (on here especially) blamed our poor form and results on the protests, Fisher even tried to say they caused the deal with Cov Rugby to fall through, though their chairman came out and as good called Fisher out for the bullshiter he is.
I attend games only as I have a morbid desire to say I was there at he end.
I have given up. Not sure if anyone has that much fight any more.

Nick

Administrator
We tried protesting. last season. We had people who for weeks (on here especially) blamed our poor form and results on the protests, Fisher even tried to say that has caused the deal with Cov Rugby to fall through, thought their chairman came out and as good called Fisher out for the bullshiter he is.
I attend games only as I have a morbid desire to say I was there at he end.
I have given up. Not sure if anyone has that much fight any more.
People blamed certain results on protests, let's not suddenly appear again and bullshit about it.

The protests done were never going to do a thing but self satisfaction. Nothing was going to change from any of them.

People keep acting like shouting a lot will fix everything

ccfcway

There's a far bigger war to be won and lost than one off games that people are protesting at.

We aren't far from the Great War.

On their website, CCFC have already taken down the wall....

Gosford Green

People blamed certain results on protests, let's not suddenly appear again and bullshit about it.

The protests done were never going to do a thing but self satisfaction. Nothing was going to change from any of them.

People keep acting like shouting a lot will fix everything

Bullshit, really? You in particular bent yourself out of shape on here over perceived points and games lost to a few pigs and whistles. The fact that the team was abysmal and the manager totally inept went completely over your head in a flurry of finger pointing.

Nick

Administrator
Bullshit, really? You in particular bent yourself out of shape on here over perceived points and games lost to a few pigs and whistles. The fact that the team was abysmal and the manager totally inept went completely over your head in a flurry of finger pointing.
I only mentioned certain games, the ones where protests actually affected matches.

Even more reason not to blow whistles or storm the pitch when our team is clinging on to a result then surely?

I don't think anybody would blame a march before a game for a result or goal going in.

Again, not hard to understand why people blamed certain protests and not all of them.

lifeskyblue

The team and management appalling. The impact of the protests could have had a positive impact (on some players) and could have had a negative effect on other teams. The fact they didn't says a lot about the mentality of our players last season.

Nick

Administrator
The team and management appalling. The impact of the protests could have had a positive impact (on some players) and could have had a negative effect on other teams. The fact they didn't says a lot about the mentality of our players last season.

Makes blowing whistles in the last minute when we are holding out for a decent result even sillier then?

Again, people are trying to make the point that people not doing protests aren't bothered in the thread

thekidfromstrettoncamp

That day in question you keep on about against Sheffield game the was stopped (just as if there was a injury) when it resumed we did not concentrate that is nothing to do with anything that went before. Stop blaming the protest they a professional players it is their livelihood although the way some played last season you would not think it

lifeskyblue

Makes blowing whistles in the last minute when we are holding out for a decent result even sillier then?

Again, people are trying to make the point that people not doing protests aren't bothered in the thread

Where have I conflated protests with people being bothered?
Personally I believe we should have been done more...not during the game but outside of the ground and before matches. The fact we didn't doesn't say I'm more or less bothered than others. People who support ccfc hopefully want the same thing...firstly a club they can support (something we may not have in a season or two); secondly a team they can feel proud of (last season was a shambles as have been quite a few in recent seasons); and thirdly a belief that the owners want the same as the fans i.e. A little success, a club that has stability of ownership, investment, a place to call home. At the moment we are sadly lacking.
I don't blame people for taking action (even when I'm not comfortable with it) as long as it doesn't put lives at risk. I also don't blame people for not.

Nick

Administrator
Where have I conflated protests with people being bothered?
Personally I believe we should have been done more...not during the game but outside of the ground and before matches. The fact we didn't doesn't say I'm more or less bothered than others. People who support ccfc hopefully want the same thing...firstly a club they can support (something we may not have in a season or two); secondly a team they can feel proud of (last season was a shambles as have been quite a few in recent seasons); and thirdly a belief that the owners want the same as the fans i.e. A little success, a club that has stability of ownership, investment, a place to call home. At the moment we are sadly lacking.
I don't blame people for taking action (even when I'm not comfortable with it) as long as it doesn't put lives at risk. I also don't blame people for not.

Sorry, I didn't mean you and should have been clearer. I meant in the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread