CCFC staff letter (2 Viewers)

honestken

To the employees of Coventry City Football Club (the Club)

21 June 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

There has been a lot in the press recently about the appointment of administrators to
Coventry City Football Club Limtited (CCFC) and about their desire to sell such right, title and interest they have (if any)in the Club to purchaser. As you may have read in the press over the weekend, on 14 June the administrators decided thatt their preferred purchaser is Otium Entertainment Group Limited(Otium). Coventry City Footabll Club (Holdings) Limitied (CCH, which as you will know has for many years been running the Club and in particular has been making all payments to its employees, is also planning to sell its interest in the Club.The purpose of this letter is to let you know that it is accordingly intended that your contract of employment will transfer to Otium, which is the immediate parent company of CCH. In the case of playing staff registered with the Football league and the FA, it is proposed thatt the transfer of employment will follow
approval by the Football Leagueand the FA. In all cases, your terms and conditions will be unchanged and this transfer will be seen as continuous for the purposes of employment legislation and will not be seen as a break in your period of employment.

Ideally we would intend to provide a longer period of consultation for you as employees to enable you to ask questions that you have. However, timing constraints relating to the sale by the CCFC admininstrators have meant that we have not sufficient time to do more than inform you of the proposed change in writing today.

Should you wish to discuss or raise any question with me as then please feel free to contact me on the details below. Alternatively, if any employees wish to nominate a spokesperson to represent you to discuss the same with me please inform me of the nominated individual's details in writing.

Please retain this letter for your records and take advice as you feel appropriate as to its
content.

The recent weeks have been particularly difficult ones for the Club and for all its employees. I wish to place on record how grateful I am for all your hard work and loyalty tot he Club throughtout this period. Under the proposed ownership of Otium I sincerely hope that the Club's future will be significantly brighter and I look forward to working with you going forward to help the Sky Blues the success that the Club deserves.

Yours faithfully

Tim Fisher
cant even be arsed to address his staff by their first names.

Manchester_sky_blue

Then wouldn't have all employees been advised when Otium was introduced??I thought otium were just a dormant part of the group not Controlling?

Unless they mean to dissolve holdings and run the club directly through Otium then there should be no need to transfer staffs contracts.

Manchester_sky_blue

cant even be arsed to address his staff by their first names.

It's also illegal. Any change to your employment requires a minimum notice period of 60 or 90 days depending on your length of service and full consultation with either the individual or an appointed body such as a trade union or staff association. Simply writing a letter saying "this is whats happening" is not how it works

simmouk

Administrator
We've (stewards) just had a message posted on our Facebook group -

'A senior member of the safety team' is aware of letters being sent out to the stewards in relation to a change in contract. He has asked me to let you all know that as the Football club has not consulted us in relation to this change, it is illegal and to not sign anything unless your really have to.

This was posted by a steward on behalf of the senior member of staff, although it was unclear if this was coming from them as a CCFC staff member or an ACL/Ricoh staff member (they hold positions for both companies)

However, although I don't have my letter on me, I'm pretty sure that the transcript in this thread is correct and it doesn't actually request that anything is signed or signed and returned.

simmouk

Administrator
Stewards have their own Facebook group?

Still if "Rios Man" in Leamington can have a group devoted to him suppose that anybody can.

Oh yeah. We're SO modern. It's like Sky Blues Talk exclusively for Stewards - inter-staff bickering, name calling, SISU-Out, SISU-In, ACL-Ou-, ACL-In, people consistently asking the same questions over and over again despite the answers being given already (what time are we reporting for the so-and-so gig) - we've got it all.

I mainly use it to ask about getting the zip of my coat repaired. :whistle:

J

Jack Griffin

Is this another leak...

Conor Thomas ‏@CThomas02 9h
Sooooooo last day of the holidays today! long day traveling yesterday... Back to work tomorrow #day1 every 1 knows what's comin #YOYO test ��

Is that a YOYO hashtag a reference to Birmingham?

torchomatic

torchomatic

Is that the asian guy with long hair?

Stewards have their own Facebook group?

Still if "Rios Man" in Leamington can have a group devoted to him suppose that anybody can.

Noggin

Is this another leak...

Sooooooo last day of the holidays today! long day traveling yesterday... Back to work tomorrow #day1 every 1 knows what's comin #YOYO test ��

Isn't the yoyo test like the beep test, presumably to check how fit they are after the break

torchomatic

Apparently not. It's something to do with SISU and their ground share.

Isn't the yoyo test like the beep test, presumably to check how fit they are after the break

torchomatic

Yeah, remember him in the 80s at Rios and the place in Bedford Street which I forget. He's still around he was at the Assembly when I saw Richard Hawley in February.

That's the fella, been around for years and years.

lordsummerisle

Yeah, remember him in the 80s at Rios and the place in Bedford Street which I forget. He's still around he was at the Assembly when I saw Richard Hawley in February.

In the early to mid 80's it went through names at a rate of knots before settling on Rios.

Think I can remember it being Scandals and Buddies, sure there was another name too?

There were some crap clubs around then(still are probably, but don't have to go into a club now for a late drink).

Chimes(then Options, think it's a lap dancing bar now, Shades?)

Nite Owl(smallest dance-floor in the World, above the Collonade, the most dangerous pub in the World!)

Of course the incomparable Hintons Disco as well.

J

Jack Griffin

Yo yo is a colloquialism for a Brummie like a yam yam is for someone from the Black Country.

Sick Boy

Is this another leak...

yet another excellent conspiracy from JG.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is this another leak...

Are Nando's making him catch the chicken beforehand?

Users who are viewing this thread