CCFC Statement on offal (1 Viewer)

Hibbert

Gary Hoffman full of shit.

Can we put it to bed now please, 'ooh Hoffman this Hoffman that' ,it was all phoney

cornoccfc

Commenting on today's meeting with former club director Gary Hoffman, CCFC Chairman Ken Dulieu said:
"There have been several meetingswith Gary Hoffman on this matter. He and Joe Elliott attended along with four other people. We had been led to believe by an e-mail from Gary on August 8 that this would be a meeting with his principal investors.
"We were therefore surprised and disappointed to learn that no principal investors were presentand there is still no transparency as to their identity.
"There was a frank exchange of views. No formal offer was put on the table, which is what we had been asking for. Gary's previous indicative offer of a pound for the club is totally unacceptable.
"I can fully understand people being frustrated at the outcome of this meeting as it is becoming a long and drawn-out saga.
"It cannot go on forever because it is not fair on our supporters who have been led to believe that something concrete will happen.
"We have a business to run and want to put 100 per cent of our efforts into supporting Andy Thorn, Steve Harrison and the team, and turning the club around.
"Therefore the position remains the same - SISU continue to fund the club."

Proof the fans need to stop suggesting Hoffman is the messiah.

Hibbert

Fucked me off, 'Ooh we must accept Hoffmans bid' even though they knew fuck all about the offer.

Sisu are the only option, the only other option we have is that some Arab Billionaire comes out of nowhere, they're the only people with more money than sense. People like Tony Fernandes for example who has just acquired QPR would not go anywhere near us as they'd have to spend a third of there wealth to sort us out, it ain't going to happen.

Either support Sisu or support another team, the shitty protests ain't going to do anything positive, it won't get Sisu out of the club and even if it did, who's going to fund the club? No one and we'll go into liquidation. Think before you start with your silly protests please, with the financial situation we are in, if it wasn't for Sisu we would be in admin right now or even worse.

ajsccfc

But he's a Cov fan! And possibly knows bankers! And Joe Elliott!

That's all I need to hear!

Hibbert

You could tell from the off that Hoffman was full of it, brown nosing the fans by going in the away ends at pre season friendlies and being a media whore for the last three months, if you were serious about investing in the club you'd shut up and let the process happen naturally.

edgy

It all sounds like mud slinging to me. Not a very professionalsounding statement.

Lilconn_ccfc

I do believe SISU on this one. Looking back a few people have just posted Hoffman was brown nosing the faces to get them on his side and it worked. When really if he was serious about buying the club he would just get on with it.

skybluesam66

i heard clouting at the fans forum - I dont believe a word that comes out of their mouths . I have no opinion on hoffman yet , until we know the outcome .

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So are we believing SISU all of a sudden? :facepalm:

dont believe any of them edgy ............. they are all pratting about getting nothing done. GH put up a reasonable offer or shut up. Sisu fund the team properly or get out.

Never did believe the hype about this meeting, unless GH had something substantial backed by the appearance of his investors it was never going to be more than a meeting to talk about talks. They all know what is required so get on with it and quit the posturing.

I find this incredibly frustrating and frankly am fed up with the lot of them playing games while our team/club suffers:mad::mad::mad:

rob9872

I'm inclined to believe what suntan ken tells us on the basis that SISU have never previously told us any lies

Hibbert

How can they fund the team when they have barely any money to keep us as a football team. We have to shut up, grin and bear it for a few years and get on with it.

ajsccfc

I'm off up the Ricoh, I've just scribbled £2 on a post-it. Anyone got some spare change wants to come with as an investor?

rob9872

I think we all know why GH was keen not to reveal the identity of his backers as the board would unscrupulously contact them direct for investment or attempt to dereail any bid. I don't think he needs in any way to prove who they are, just simply that they are serious players and whether or not a deal can be agreed. If he says he can put finance in place then he as a fan knows what we are going through and I'm inclined to believe in him.

Possibly out of desperation I want to believe him, but anyone who can't see that we are being driven further into oblivion with each day that passes in their control is incredibly blinkered.

:blue:

Lets remember that the board as paid employees but not SISU shareholders have much to lose by a takeover whereby their positions are vacated and the free gravy train stops. They reveal more spin and more lies to see some taken in by it and laugh at us once more.

kingharvest

Its just brinkmanship.

Both are playing games and trying to score points. No doubt Hoffman will tell his side of the story in the Telegraph at some point. People are naive if they believe the statement from the club is 100% accurate - just as they will be if they believe everything Hoffman says when he gets round to it.

Actually, the truth is, nothing has happened and nothing is changing, and we'll be the last ones to know about it anyway - hardly groundbreaking or surprising is it. Nothing is going to happen quickly on this, its going to drag on probably for the duration of the season. I think the best we can hope for is that something happens before christmas once the transfer window is out of the way.

Personally i hope the protests carry on and gather speed. People say there is no point protesting against SISU but why not? Protest can work if it is done properly, but it needs to be organised, there needs to be an objective, etc, etc. There can be no better way to protest against SISU than by showing undying support for the team, the club, the manager but NOT THE BOARD OR THE OWNERS. It creates distance between the owners and the club. Its not easy, but it can be done.

This club will continue to decline unless investment is found - if SISU aren't willing to invest in the team - and i don't mean fund whats there, cause thats just standing still, and if we do that we'll go down. But we need to move forward, that takes money, and if they don't have it or can't get it, then we need someone who does - whether its Hoffman or someone else.

Sub

im with you on that oldskyblue i dont belive anything at the moment but i am less inclined to belive a word from orange ken after his meeting with the council and othe crap from him:jerkit:. i think this is just a ruse to get the fans off SISU's back after all i think they know the fans are getting to the stage of protests and boycots. I will wait and see on this one i still think hoff woill sort this and i think it has something to do with the two new members on the board.:thinking about:

edgy

The only thing missing from that statement, was some bullshit about headed paper. (thanks Janew)

Hibbert

So if your big protest plans work, who's going to fund the club? No one and we"ll go into liquidation.

rob9872

Do you all get the point that Sisu are funding the club in order to survive?

No I dont get that at all .. since they're not

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
ROB "I think we all know why GH was keen not to reveal the identity of his backers as the board would unscrupulously contact them direct for investment or attempt to dereail any bid. I don't think he needs in any way to prove who they are, just simply that they are serious players and whether or not a deal can be agreed. If he says he can put finance in place then he as a fan knows what we are going through and I'm inclined to believe in him."

sorry rob got to disagree with some of that. GH could ask for confidentiality agreements before revealing the identity but more importantly the substance behind any bid. It is quite normal in these deals for there to be some proof of ability to pay - especially reasonable considering past episodes like Dhinsa. GH isnt buying the club the investors are and any reasonable seller would want to know who they are dealing with.

This has been going on months - so as a fan surely he would put together a plan that would at least tempt SISU - clearly it hasnt and this meeting worryingly i think has hardened attitudes, that is not helpful at all.

All that aside it doesnt sound to me as if there is much of an offer to SISU being made so it is wasting everyones time.

Hibbert

They're funding the club to cover the losses were making each month. Thus keeping us afloat and no admin.

Johnnythespider

Anyone know who the other 4 people attending with GH & JE were, Why were'nt there names mentioned. Oh and by the way Hibbert i support the sky blues not SISU who quite frankly have saved us from naff all, and continue to offer false promises, when they are finally out of this club i for one will dance on their graves.

skyblue_rich

So now tanned ken has said something it must be true! Who were the other 4 people with GH, I assume they weren't picked off the street. GH main investors are probably very busy people who don't meet with people that have a reputation of messing people around until they know a deal is going to happen. Sisu and the board want to meet GH main investors to find out how much money they have- so they can put the price up for the club. It's another attempt by sisu and the board to get fans onside, just like John sillet life president appointment.

Nick

Administrator
I am still not sure what to believe, but GH doesn't have a track record of lying like SISU do.

What I don't get is what GH has to gain by bullshitting? Why would he get the fans onside, go to friendlies and get Joe Elliott onside for no reason? It would just make him look a tool and he would lose his business cred too.

SISU came out of the whole King saga smelling with Roses because of his criminal record, but I am pretty sure if the same had happened with Westwood the fans would have gone ape shit at them. They have history of lying like they did about the council meeting etc (the list is endless).

They are saying that they didn't meet the investors, but did the fans or ex board members who had to give their shares up meet anybody from SISU? I am pretty sure it was RR and Onye Lowe doing all of the talking on behalf of SISU.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Do you all get the point that Sisu are funding the club in order to survive?

They are funding the club at the lowest level possible in order to protect their "investment" it isnt as simple or worthy as the survival of the club. They have most to lose in an administration.

Had they wanted to make the survival of the club easier or even a proper business strategy to at least give the squad a chance they could have sanctioned a couple of loan players at £5K pw each kept the crowds, even increased them which would have paid for them. Instead the likelyhood is that crowds will fall further and they will achieve exactly the opposite to their target.

Think everyone has to be realistic. Neither SISU nor GH are getting it right and the truth is somewhere in the middle. Both do some things well but both do others very poorly. In the mean time the team continues to struggle and the situation gets worse.

Am not sure that there is even any brinksmanship going on because it doesnt sound as if there was much of if any proposal put forward. SISU already know they have to fund the club to the end of season, have already slashed the overheads so they know their likely cost for next few months. GH cant play brinksmanship simply because SISU are not interested in anything he has propsed so far

Its all posturing and I have lost patience with it

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

I love this bit

"We were therefore surprised and disappointed to learn that no principal investors were presen tand there is still no transparency as to their identity."

Sisu are experts at transparency arent they.

AFCCOVENTRY

OH...

HERE IS ONE FOR YOU SISU - YOU PRICKS...

WHO ARE THE PRINCIPAL INVESTORS FOR SISU FOR THE COVENTRY PROJECT???

I BET THEY TURNED UP WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE CLUB?!??!

OH NO... THEY DIDN'T DID THEY? YOU SENT RANSON AND IGGY POP NIGERIAN BANK SCAM MAN.

DICKS :jerkit:

skybluesben

Fuck it, im still protesting tomorrow! :blue:

kingharvest

If we go into admin then Hoffman buys the club off the administrators for feck all. That's why admin isn't an option.

Everyone on the board is there for a reason and they seem to have a history of dealing with management buy-outs/takeovers/acquisitions/etc so that suggests SISU want out but are gonna recover as much as poss before they do, hence the brinkmanship

Moff

Either support Sisu or support another team, the shitty protests ain't going to do anything positive, it won't get Sisu out of the club and even if it did, who's going to fund the club? No one and we'll go into liquidation. Think before you start with your silly protests please, with the financial situation we are in, if it wasn't for Sisu we would be in admin right now or even worse.

Think...yes think before making statements like support another team.

Who are you to suggest that? I support CCFC not SISU. I presume you do, or are you Leonard Brody in disguise? If not people will have their own opinions and dont respect having you telling them who they should or shouldnt support, and who they should or shouldnt believe.

Personally I hope SISU do one soon, and they go bust, whilst someone steps in for us. It may not happen but its what I want and i will not stand here supporting SISU like a lemon just because they are keeping us afloat, as all they are really doing is slowly strangling the life out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread