CCFC still a pawn in Sisu game ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Are Sisu purposefully eroding the fan base to still try to get Ricoh on the cheap ?
Now they have this seasons ticket money it does them no favours for ccfc fans to go to matches paying wasps for parking and beverages. Also the less blocks are open the club pays less to wasps.
Was Fishers recent statement purposefully set out to alienate fans ?
Are Sisu holding out for the wasps bond issue to fail ?
The only flaw in this theory is that at some point they would need to actually pay a fee for the Ricoh. At every opportunity they have had in the past to purchase the Ricoh they have failed.

Nick

Administrator
So they are making the attendances go down at CCFC games to damage Wasps?

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

It sounds a far stretch to believe. But then again a few years ago if someone had have said SISU would deliberately distress the club and fanbase, sorry, customers by dragging it to Northampton in an attempt to distress ACL I wouldn't have believed them.

I guess the truth is we'll never know. It's not as obvious a tactic because of the logistics.

sky blue john

So they are making the attendances go down at CCFC games to damage Wasps?

giphy.gif

Thats why i put question marks to open it up for discussion.
They don't seem bothered about us shrinking, relegation and have now attacked the fans.
What would be best for Sisu's investors ?

Ashdown

All they talk about is the revenue they have missed out on, yet do absolutely nothing to try and generate an atmosphere where people want to rally behind the club and spend money to potentially help. Too many lies from the hedge fund and no trust whatsoever from the silent majority.

D

Deleted member 2477

I think they are trying to shrink the fan base to a couple of thousand but not to distress wasps. I dont think sisu want or see us at the ricoh in 18 months time. They would prefer a ground share at a small ground like the butts. Cut costs even further, less outgoings and sell what assets we still have.

There is a reason behind this madness of shrinking the club and no investement just need to find out why whether its tax purposes or something els

Esoterica

Are Sisu purposefully eroding the fan base to still try to get Ricoh on the cheap ?
Now they have this seasons ticket money it does them no favours for ccfc fans to go to matches paying wasps for parking and beverages. Also the less blocks are open the club pays less to wasps.
Was Fishers recent statement purposefully set out to alienate fans ?
Are Sisu holding out for the wasps bond issue to fail ?
The only flaw in this theory is that at some point they would need to actually pay a fee for the Ricoh. At every opportunity they have had in the past to purchase the Ricoh they have failed.
The only flaw... :stop:
Nick you need to change the Thread Title prefixes from 'Transfer Rumour' or 'Match Thread' to 'Toxic' or 'Mental'. There seems to be nothing in between recently!

scubasteve

Sisu are not getting the ricoh, that ship has sailed, wasps own it now and that is not changing (also there is no new stadium). the withholding of rent and move to Northampton was the last move to get the ricoh on the cheap as the thought there was no one else who could use it on a regular basis, im guessing like most they didn't account for a premiership rugby club to pitch up.

Attendances don't matter to sisu, fisher has already said if revenue (attendances) go down so will the budget as the club will break even so it costs sisu nothing to sit on the club. what league Coventry are doesn't really matter either to them. while they own the club they continue legal action until all avenues are exhausted and have recouped some of their investment. then they will sell.

its that simple, there is no conspiracy or any other motive at the moment.

Ashdown

Sisu are not getting the ricoh, that ship has sailed, wasps own it now and that is not changing (also there is no new stadium). the withholding of rent and move to Northampton was the last move to get the ricoh on the cheap as the thought there was no one else who could use it on a regular basis, im guessing like most they didn't account for a premiership rugby club to pitch up.

Attendances don't matter to sisu, fisher has already said if revenue (attendances) go down so will the budget as the club will break even so it costs sisu nothing to sit on the club. what league Coventry are doesn't really matter either to them. while they own the club they continue legal action until all avenues are exhausted and have recouped some of their investment. then they will sell.

its that simple, there is no conspiracy or any other motive at the moment.
Sadly that's pretty much about it. How people can keep rocking up on the basis of that though is beyond belief. It's loyalty above and beyond the call of duty !

ccfcway

Have they confirmed yet if they will be appealing the latest court loss ?. They are normally pretty quick at doing so.

scubasteve

no idea, didn't fisher say on the radio that they were exploring all options of appeals and European court, could be wrong though.

sky blue john

Have Sisu paid up on the court costs yet ?
Maybe thats what the 2.9million administration costs are related to in the ccfc accounts ?

Brylowes

The way they go about it with such zeal, it's hard to believe they aren't Haemorrhaging fans on purpose, I have an inkling that their aim is to liquidate, they will keep shrinking the club until carrying on is impossible.
With crowds of 3 to 4 thousand, they can argue it's implausible to agree a new deal at the Ricoh, lack of income Makes it impossible to carry on funding the acadamy.
They will then claim they have done all they can, invested millions too try to rejuvenate this football club, but sadly
The supporters were never on board, the lack of support coupled with no stadium and acadamy ownership, makeIt impossible to carry on.
Then fuck off back to London, without a care in the world.

Or of course it could be something else.:(

ccfcway

Why would they liquidate. The asset would then be off their books and a large loss would be posted. We will just continue on a downward spiral and find our level. It could well be possible that's non league and at a small CBA like stadium in front of 4,000.

sky blue john

Liquidation has never been an option.
The reason being is that this would make the only asset, the golden share worthless.

st john

The way they go about it with such zeal, it's hard to believe they aren't Haemorrhaging fans on purpose, I have an inkling that their aim is to liquidate, they will keep shrinking the club until carrying on is impossible.
With crowds of 3 to 4 thousand, they can argue it's implausible to agree a new deal at the Ricoh, lack of income Makes it impossible to carry on funding the acadamy.
They will then claim they have done all they can, invested millions too try to rejuvenate this football club, but sadly
The supporters were never on board, the lack of support coupled with no stadium and acadamy ownership, makeIt impossible to carry on.
Then fuck off back to London, without a care in the world.

Or of course it could be something else.:(

I think the gist of this is correct, I just can't understand why TF made some of the comments he did in the recent interview unless it is part of some kind of plan to demoralise supporters. I know he doesn't make a lot of sense with anything he says but the first and most basic business rule is do not alienate your source of income (customers). I'm sure even he would understand that.

ceetee

The reason being is that this would make the only asset, the golden share worthless.
I don't think see that the Golden Share has any value. Surely the club doesn't t actually own it. Isn' t it the EFL' s to give and to take away?

Brylowes

And yet hedge funds liquidate companies all the time,
I don't know why, but they definitely are doing their best to put people off going, look how
Exited he got at the prospect of banning orders, and they would more than likely be ST
Holders. Maybe it's so they can justify not renewing at the Ricoh, whatever it is at a time
they Should be doing all they can to encourage people to support, they are actually doing
The opposite.

Captain Dart

I don't think see that the Golden Share has any value. Surely the club doesn't t actually own it. Isn' t it the EFL' s to give and to take away?
Yes it has value, even a League Two ticket has value, but it is stuck to the club. It only goes if the club ceases to fulfil fixtures or drops out of the football league.

Sky Blue Kid

Being a Club in the FL means everything to a buyer. It's like the badge that fans follow. It means something. Without it buyers that have a "Vision" will look first at a Club with the "Golden Share" before they look at a badge. imho.

scubasteve

why would they want to liquidate the club and what would they gain out of that? they owe the debt to themselves, its not like we owe banks and other businesses money, and get away with paying penny in the pound, its all owed to sisu and their other companies.

they are not worried about the fan base, season ticket sales etc, as they have no long term need for the club just short term till all court action is finished. As already pointed out by fisher if you don't buy tickets the budget is cut, his job is to keep the club alive/going at break even. and yes the golden share does have a value, as its the entry into the league as a team. what that that value is, is between the buyers and sellers (football isn't a normal business).

I have no idea why people have got the idea in their head that there is some crazy conspiracy or motive and they need to figure out sisu's plan. The plan is simple recoup some of its losses, while the club is at break even it costs them nothing to sit on, continue with court action as this is the only viable option to recoup losses via compensation, that and sell the training ground for housing development. everyday on here some one starts another thread on the same subject its like going round in circles.

st john

why would they want to liquidate the club and what would they gain out of that? they owe the debt to themselves, its not like we owe banks and other businesses money, and get away with paying penny in the pound, its all owed to sisu and their other companies.

they are not worried about the fan base, season ticket sales etc, as they have no long term need for the club just short term till all court action is finished. As already pointed out by fisher if you don't buy tickets the budget is cut, his job is to keep the club alive/going at break even. and yes the golden share does have a value, as its the entry into the league as a team. what that that value is, is between the buyers and sellers (football isn't a normal business).

I have no idea why people have got the idea in their head that there is some crazy conspiracy or motive and they need to figure out sisu's plan. The plan is simple recoup some of its losses, while the club is at break even it costs them nothing to sit on, continue with court action as this is the only viable option to recoup losses via compensation, that and sell the training ground for housing development. everyday on here some one starts another thread on the same subject its like going round in circles.
Then why appoint a new manager? And if he recruits in the window that makes even less sense if you believe they are not bothered about the club or which division we are in. TBH nothing makes sense to me any more about this club, there are so many contradictory indications that I'm sure what you describe above is not the whole picture.

stupot07

Have Sisu paid up on the court costs yet ?
Maybe thats what the 2.9million administration costs are related to in the ccfc accounts ?
Thr 2.9m is all non wage related outgoings (rent, utilities, insurance, agents fees, transfer fees, travel/hotels, tax, shop stock, resources, etc)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

This must go down as one of thr most bonkers threads ever.

To answer johns question. No.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

singers_pore

The idea that SISU have some kind of plan flies in the face of all the evidence we have seen so far. They are utterly clueless. However, it is possible that SISU will want to hang around until the Wasps' bond is due for repayment in the hope that Wasps might go under. I can see the club treading water in the non-league playing at some small ground like Bedworth Utd or Nuneaton Town once the contract at the Ricoh ends. It will be relatively easy to move into some small ground if we lose a few thousand supporters and move down a couple of divisions. I don't see any evidence that SISU or Wasps want to renegotiate the rental agreement at the Ricoh.

ccfcway

Then why appoint a new manager? And if he recruits in the window that makes even less sense if you believe they are not bothered about the club or which division we are in. TBH nothing makes sense to me any more about this club, there are so many contradictory indications that I'm sure what you describe above is not the whole picture.

new manager is to the end of the season. its all short term. like moving the deck chairs on the titanic

Astute

and yes the golden share does have a value, as its the entry into the league as a team. what that that value is, is between the buyers and sellers (football isn't a normal business).

It can't be sold. It has no value. It can be taken away from us at any time.

I have no idea why people have got the idea in their head that there is some crazy conspiracy or motive and they need to figure out sisu's plan..

Plan 1. Get us to the Prem and make alot of money.Failed.

Plan 2. Get the Ricoh for next to nothing. Failed.

Plan 3. Blame everyone else for failing. Now we have been blamed they must be running out of targets.

continue with court action as this is the only viable option to recoup losses via compensation,.

In what way is it viable?

:shifty: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

sell the training ground for housing development.

Just the normal asset stripping hedge funds do. The Ricoh would have been the big one. But they got greedy. And like some others they didn't think that anyone else would be interested..[/QUOTE]

scubasteve

Well that golden share wasn't taken off us after how many transfer embargo's, late accounts and administration etc so I can't see that happening. If anything the fa has done everything to let the club keep the golden share..... so when the club is sold the buyer would assume it comes with the golden share. And value the club on the basis it has this and can play in the football league. And as above I can't see the fa removing this as they have bent over backwards for the club to keep it.

I never said there plans work....

Court action is the only viable option how else do they have any chance to recoup any of there investment? I never said they would win but it's there only option of a chance....

And you are right the training ground is also part of asset striping. In fact isn't the training ground already owned by a subsidiary company of sisu or mortgaged to it, im not 100% if this is still the case but clearly it's worth more as houses than a training ground.

The point is sisu will sit on the club as it costs them nothing, actually does it make them a small profit as we pay interest on the loans we have to them? Gives them plenty of time to continue court action to the end, there is no rush to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread