CCFC stuff at work (1 Viewer)

oucho

Has anyone else got CCFC stuff at work? Check out my desk:
20170504_111210.jpg

This'll be embarrassing if I'm the only person who has got anything like this, but on the basis that I used to work with other City fans who had A4 landscape photos of the famous Houchen flying header on their desks, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this.

Liquid Gold

View attachment 7409

This'll be embarrassing if I'm the only person who has got anything like this, but on the basis that I used to work with other City fans who had A4 landscape photos of the famous Houchen flying header on their desks, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this.
I particularly like that you have a grim looking picture of a canal.

Esoterica

View attachment 7409

I presume such a tiny portion of your desk is CCFC dedicated because the rest of your desk is filled with all your Council victory champagne corks?

clint van damme

reassuring to know I'm not the only one whose desk looks like it's had a hand grenade explode on it.

vow

Sorry Oucho, but clean that mug, you mug!

clint van damme

I have a picture of a disused quarry filled with water on mine. I think it's quite common to either have a picture of your wife or of somewhere where you were really happy with her - e.g. the place where you dumped the body.

get the feeling if she ever read that post there'd only be one person ending up at the bottom of a quarry!

covcity4life

i had a picture of mark robins on my desk once. the day after he left for huddersfield

effing brum fans in office.....

The Reverend Skyblue

Oucho, is that wooden handled thingy sticking out of a mug a knife, if it is your boss may need to send you all on some urgent team building exercises

Esoterica

View attachment 7410

Spot the tat! I live in the Cotswolds so bit of a rare breed round here. Our lovely receptionist used to be season ticket holder at Highfield Road tho
You're obviously a Henry, judging by the paraphernalia and my Sherlock-esque insight suggests you must be lonely too - you've got yourself on speed dial there!

Alkhen

Wow.

Is this for real?

Edit: Not having a go, I just didn't realise 12 year olds worked in offices.
Ha fairly accurate. Thing is when you tell people you support a lowly team like Cov it seems to lodge in their memory until your birthday or Xmas. All the Cov junk I have have been gifts and better they stay in the office than o take it home.

oucho

I particularly like that you have a grim looking picture of a canal.

Grim? That's Brentford river bridge near the canal basin, with my office on the far left of the screen. Historic site, that - that's where the parliamentary army fought off Charles I's attempt to invade London at the start of the civil war. Holding London with all its wealth and strategic value was key to parliament eventually prevailing in the war.

I presume such a tiny portion of your desk is CCFC dedicated because the rest of your desk is filled with all your Council victory champagne corks?
Nah I tidied them all away. Looking forward to the next round, though.

Oucho, is that wooden handled thingy sticking out of a mug a knife, if it is your boss may need to send you all on some urgent team building exercises
That's Alkhen's photo....

Well I had just finished a brew when I took the photo, I wasn't pretending it was clean.....if you must know I obsessively clean it out before each new brew during the working day.

Reactions: vow

Esoterica

Some years back, I'd started in a new office job and was making a brew for a few folks, including my new boss. The inside of his mug was so covered in tea stains you couldn't even see what colour it was originally. While the kettle was boiling I scrubbed the shit out of that mug, it was absolutely pristine again by the time I was done. Delivered the tea, secretly pleased with myself only for my boss to go nuts after a couple of sips - he thought the stainage somehow enhanced the flavour of his tea and had spent months deliberately building it up like that. I didn't last long in that department.

oucho

Some years back, I'd started in a new office job and was making a brew for a few folks, including my new boss. The inside of his mug was so covered in tea stains you couldn't even see what colour it was originally. While the kettle was boiling I scrubbed the shit out of that mug, it was absolutely pristine again by the time I was done. Delivered the tea, secretly pleased with myself only for my boss to go nuts after a couple of sips - he thought the stainage somehow enhanced the flavour of his tea and had spent months deliberately building it up like that. I didn't last long in that department.
Sounds like you stained your record there....

ccfc_ukr

IMG_4083.JPG I have This framed pic on my wall in my office and an obligatory mug! (Not talking about me as a CCFC fan there lol)

Maybe a similar photo of George Thomas to go with it?

singers_pore

I've got framed pictures of the 87 cup final in my office. I'm always amazed that many Americans who visit my office assume that I am the person doing the diving header.

stevefloyd

View attachment 7409

Mug could do with a bleaching

oucho

Bit harsh on Oucho. He may be a bit of a numpty, but mug is pushing it a bit don't you think!!

Not so much of a numpty that I won a £10 bet against YOU last season - ha!

Sky Blue Harry H

Just retired (sort of) and Ileft the latest CCFC calendar on the wall (full of players/manager etc who have since departed !) Did bring back home a Sky Blues coaster that my lad made for me out of hama beads (had to google how to spell them!) when he was about 5 years old (so lasted 6 years - not bad!). Have a CCFC pencil case that somebody bought me years ago (what 50+ yr old owns a pencil case?!) but can't bring myself to throw it away - seems disloyal. Yes I really am that sad!!!

oucho

Yeah, but I nicked it out of your wallet that night down the pub, so who's laughing now!! ;)

I knew that when you said to me "I won't pay you, I'll donate it to charity", the charity in question would be the 'Sky Blues Talk's Otis Benevolent Fund' !!!

Users who are viewing this thread