CCFC vs Barnsley (1 Viewer)

C

Clive Plattini

I should have posted my first reply ages ago. Platt scored whilst I was typing.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, they looked as if they were happy with the draw. No shots, no urgency.

Happy with the win though! :)

mark82

Still in with a shout. Clive Platt is a legend. Has shown he cares the last few weeks. Need to push on against Leicester next weekend now. They are all must wins from here on in.

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Could that be our ugliest win ever?? Most of the game was very boring and it seemed neither side wanted to be there! And whi'd have thought Bell coming on would change the game!?! Not sure what was better; Bell coming on or Baker going off. Well actually I do, as Baker was shocking and Bell was the only reasonable replacement.

coop

Mcsheffrey or Clarke,we won the game but why didn't AT bring McDonald on and play with 3 strikers we needed 3 points and got them in the end but we could easily have drawn this game as we didn't really create many good chances.

jabharty

Well, I cannot stop smiling, but I am annoyed at Birmingham for not winning a must win game....
AT: "Happy to have Cody back on the bench today"
Use him?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mcsheffrey or Clarke,we won the game but why didn't AT bring McDonald on and play with 3 strikers we needed 3 points and got them in the end but we could easily have drawn this game as we didn't really create many good chances.

He obviously thought we had a momentum he didn't want to disrupt. Very edgy decision, but it worked. Again, some credit to his nerve as opposed to criticism, surely?

Nonleagueherewecome

Unbelieavble not bringing Cody on. We should have thrown the kitchen sink at Barnsley. Why does it sound like we were playing for the draw like they were?!

Trust me, we weren't. There was only one side in it in the last 20 minutes. We never stopped trying but lacked quality in the final ball, but Barnsley put 10 men behind the ball and played for the draw. It was horrible to watch, but we deserved the win by virtue of possession and dominance, for all our toothlessness. If Alex had scored his sitter earlier 2nd half, it may have been a different game!

SkyBlue_Bear83

So Thorn was right to leave Mcdonald on the bench today, Nimely is our best player and Clive scored the goal so justified in leaving them on the pitch. Only other option was to go with 3 ST but then we may have lost.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not sure this 442 is particularly working, mind: not against teams that play 1 up, whether it be the usual 451/433 style or the deeper backs-to-the wall 9-1 Barnsley version. At least the 433 with Sheff pushed on as the 3rd forward at times gives us a chance to compete in numbers centrally, and I think offers a far greater goal threat.

I'm not liking McSheffrey as a winger, and Bakers form today suggests that if we do go with the same formation, Bell must start RM.

Bit of credit to Bell: his injuries this season have been as legendarily sick-note as ever, but the last few games he's been involved in he's been superb. Both today and against 'Boro. he has come on and made a big difference 2nd half.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not sure this 442 is particularly working, mind: not against teams that play 1 up, whether it be the usual 451/433 style or the deeper backs-to-the wall 9-1 Barnsley version. At least the 433 with Sheff pushed on as the 3rd forward at times gives us a chance to compete in numbers centrally, and I think offers a far greater goal threat.

I'm not liking McSheffrey as a winger, and Bakers form today suggests that if we do go with the same formation, Bell must start RM.

Bit of credit to Bell: his injuries this season have been as legendarily sick-note as ever, but the last few games he's been involved in he's been superb. Both today and against 'Boro. he has come on and made a big difference 2nd half.
The problem with 4-3-3/4-5-1 is Platt is most likely to be the central striker which then forces Nimely out wide where he is less effective like the Ipswich at home game where he played on the wing and was probably his worst performance for us that game.

covcity4life

good reuslt
bad performance
deserved goalscorer

still need to rely on others losing more than us,we wills truggle to get 6 more wins based on todays performance

Users who are viewing this thread