CCFC vs Leicester 3/10/09 (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
Hey all, haven't been on here in a while - sorry about that!

So todays opponents were Leicester and I for one was hoping for a good result, off the back of (surprisingly, for me anyway!) beating Watford 2-3 away (surprising because I forgot we were playing!!!) and the creditable 2 all draw against Middleborough!

What with it being the M69 Derby, bragging rights were once again up for grabs...can't remember why we didn't play them last season...OH HANG ON! (joke, sorry, shouldn't make fun, I could have easily been us!)

The game it's self, I thought, wasn't THAT exciting and nothing much was happening in the first half...apart from Cligan's free kick!!! BOSH! As Andy Gray would screaming enthusiastically...YOU DON'T SAVE THOSE! Top corner and top draw! We looked like we were hanging on a bit after that up until the end of the half as they pilled on the pressure but we managed to stick in there, which is always good!

I thought we had an OK second half, obviously to concede the goal and concede the 3 points was dissappointing but I don't think we showed enough confidence to go for a second goal to finish the game off - and when Westwood watched the ball relaxingly sail over his head only to hit the crossbar I nearly shot out my seat! Tense moments indeed.

All in all I think, a point well earned and especially against the Leicester who have had a decent start to the season.

Nick

Administrator
I personally think Wright is a weak link. I know Ward made a couple of mistakes but Wright always seems to make mistakes which lead to goals. He seemed to think a ball was just going to fall to his head and he wouldnt need to jump to header it against Steve Howard.....

Then a few minutes later he let a ball just roll in the area and just stood there egging them on to have it, he did my head in yesterday! We sat behind Ben Turner and I felt like telling him to stop being a wuss and get his boots on.

Paul

I thought we played quite well as did Leicester. Neither side had too much quality about their game, rather cancelling each other out.

First half i think we played the better football but they looked more dangerous when they did break. That Gallacher shot that Westwood left and came back off the bar i shouted "Goal" as soon as it left his foot. Close call that one. Once we got the goal we settled and came out raring to go in the second half.

The triple substitution though turned the game and it was a piss poor goal to give away but overall they probably deserved something out of the game. The pleasing aspect was the fact once they scored we didn't go on and lose it. the 5 minutes after we're squeky bum time but then we settled and could have nicked it late on.

On a surprising note i was surprised how quiet the supporters were in the away end apart from the 5 mins after they scored.

simmouk

Administrator
Yeah I agree with you there Paul we could have grabbed it late on, but I think in the end the result was fair as we did kind of cancel each other out after 90mins.

Users who are viewing this thread