ccfcshop.co.uk (1 Viewer)

ArchieLittle

I see the online shop is down again.
Having been in the IT business for a few years, 35 to be precise, I cannot understand any business who would allow one of their primary sources of income to be unavailable so frequently at such an important time for them.
Any customer who experienced this level of failure should be all over their hosting company to get it resolved, yet it is down on a nearly daily basis.

Do they not want it working?
Are they worried about poor ticket sales being visible?
Am I another conspiracy theorist?

Would add that having held some form of season ticket every year since 1978 (the year I came to Coventry as an apprentice) I will not be buying a ticket to attend in Northampton.

Block19

I know I'm clutching at straws here and praying but the first home game on the web site now says Ricoh arena still on the Sunday, the Preston game is at sixfields

J

Jack Griffin

That site is up & down more than the proverbial.. you know what.

Skybluesquirrel

I see the online shop is down again.
Having been in the IT business for a few years, 35 to be precise, I cannot understand any business who would allow one of their primary sources of income to be unavailable so frequently at such an important time for them.
Any customer who experienced this level of failure should be all over their hosting company to get it resolved, yet it is down on a nearly daily basis.

Do they not want it working?
Are they worried about poor ticket sales being visible?
Am I another conspiracy theorist?

Would add that having held some form of season ticket every year since 1978 (the year I came to Coventry as an apprentice) I will not be buying a ticket to attend in Northampton.

You can blame poor sales figures on the IT systems rather than take responsibility for alienating around 90% or 20,000 of your most loyal and unwavering support in 5 years....

Wimbledon did the same kind of thing when playing at Selhurst before becoming MK Dons. Fans boycott as a protest that then allowed the new owner to complain about the need to relocate due to lack of support.

Its rewriting history to suit your own ends. Very George Orwell....

Sky Blue Kid

Of course it doesn't bother SISU. They don't give a damn about the football side. There's only one reason they're holding on to CCFC....allegedly

ArchieLittle

Would the whole site be down if it was a hosting issue?

That is a GOOD question,
A little research shows that ccfc.co.uk is now registered to -
Domain name:
ccfc.co.uk
Registrant:
Coventry City F.C
Trading as:
Richard Allison
Registrant type:
Unknown
Registrant's address:
The Football League
30 Gloucester Place
London,W1U 8FL
United Kingdom

Whereas the shop is -
ccfcshop.co.uk

Registrant:
Coventry City Footbal Club (YES it really is spelt wrong)
Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3056875)
Registrant's address:
Ricoh
Arena, Phoenix Way
Foleshill, Coventry
CV6 6GE
United Kingdom

And the 2 servers are with different providers

I hadn't noticed the league had taken over ownership

J

Jack Griffin

Name & Registered Office:
COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
26 28 BEDFORD ROW
LONDON
WC1R HE
Company No. 03056875

So the administrator owns the shop site, that still doesn't prove who gets the season ticket money.

I think the league owns all the clubs websites..
Domain name:
ntfc.co.uk

Registrant:
Northampton Town Football Club Ltd

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
The Football League
30 Gloucester Place
London
Select a State/Province
W1U 8FL
United Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve.B50

I think you will find this is because everything s moving to a new base at 101 Lockhust Lane, ticket office moved onThursday

ArchieLittle

It seems Premiership teams own their own domains, yet Championship,League 1 & 2 and the Conference are the Football League
Below that they seem to own their own domains again

You learn something every day

I know I'm clutching at straws here and praying but the first home game on the web site now says Ricoh arena still on the Sunday, the Preston game is at sixfields
Blimey, maybe not, according to another thread, although it's only a rumour, you could be right. All this has got my mind in a right mess lol. Didn't it previously say on the ccfc site that the game was at Sixfelds?

The club is a joke from top to bottom!!!!!

Almost totally agree with you, but as I said on a previous post those academy youngsters gave their all in the couple of friendlies I watched, young Haynes has come on leaps and bounds in a very short time he will be a very good player in the future, we can't tar innocents associated with the club with the Sisu brush,

smickyboy

The Bristol City site also says the Ricoh! As does sky sports & yahoo sport. Are they all using the same source or have they been told. Are Shitsu now running scared due to lack of sales.

Last edited:

chiefdave

I hadn't noticed the league had taken over ownership[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

All clubs sites look the same to me, apart from colours. Uniform design and functionality. I imagine the league exert an element of control - which would also keep the costs down for the clubs.[/QUOTE]

The website rights were sold for the whole league except for a few teams who opted out. That's why if you sign up to Sky Blues Player you can login to any other club.

torchomatic

No, it's still not working. If you try and click on the links to actually purchase tickets then the connection just times out.

ajsccfc

It's that premiumtv or something similar that runs the majority of club sites. Their design's a bit wonky and illogical.

Spionkop

Mick, 34 does sound too low, I think it may be more. But this guy knows stuff and knows odd ex player etc. It wouldn't surprise me.
There are people who would go but can't maybe. Don't drive, tight budgets. So they are out of the running.
I don't like saying it but I hope the gates are pathetically low. It will speak volumes.
& I hope us City fans enjoy a lot of away days. I'm not sure about Carlisle though!
Here's hoping a deal is struck this week.
PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread