Celtic safe standing (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Looks good
Although I've been to watch to Celtic a few times over the years and what pisses me off is the amount of people who turn up 5/10 minutes after kick off then sod off 10 minutes before half time
Then keep going to and from the bog coz they've broke the seal

clint van damme

a delegation from the Spirit of Shankly group are attending the game at Celtic Park today.
They are going to be shown how the police and stewards control the area and watch the match from the standing area itself.
I think the blessing of Liverpool supporters is, quite rightly, a major consideration in rolling out safe standing in England. Hopefully today will be a move in the right direction.

xcraigx

Safe standing is being installed at Shrewsbury in the next couple of months. I think it's just a matter of time before it becomes allowable in the top 2 divisions.

clint van damme

Safe standing is being installed at Shrewsbury in the next couple of months. I think it's just a matter of time before it becomes allowable in the top 2 divisions.

I didn't realise that. Only a matter of time before it's rolled out to a bigger English ground I'd imagine.

Travs

a delegation from the Spirit of Shankly group are attending the game at Celtic Park today.
They are going to be shown how the police and stewards control the area and watch the match from the standing area itself.
I think the blessing of Liverpool supporters is, quite rightly, a major consideration in rolling out safe standing in England. Hopefully today will be a move in the right direction.

Is it buggery...

Let's face it, they have, at the very least, a dubious past when it comes to fan behaviour, right up to their European exploits in the 21st century.

Their fans stand every week in the Kop, in that way they are no different to any other set of fans, so they shouldn't be dictating anything to anyone regarding standing.

clint van damme

Is it buggery...

Let's face it, they have, at the very least, a dubious past when it comes to fan behaviour, right up to their European exploits in the 21st century.

Their fans stand every week in the Kop, in that way they are no different to any other set of fans, so they shouldn't be dictating anything to anyone regarding standing.

they lost 96 supporters, many of them minors, and the authorities colluded to cover up the circumstances of what happened for over 20 years so yeah, their blessing is important.
And all that happened because they were football supporters who were regarded as the lowest of the low, and that's why Hillsborough nearly happened to us.
As for their dubious past in Europe, you're right, but that's a different issue.

Travs

I have no disagreement with you there really, but how can a fan-group from a club whose supporters continually stand, home and away, have any potential jurisdiction over fans of other clubs standing...

Users who are viewing this thread