Champions League TV Rights (1 Viewer)

Just wanted to get your opinions on the changes to the Champions League TV deal. BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be exclusive to their channels. This means there will be no European games on Freeview channels. BT has announced plans to show at least 12 CL games and 14 Europa League games on a new freeview channel, but i think this is a big blow to sport. Yes, the clubs may get a fuller wallet, but this is bad news for fans, many of whom cant afford Sky or BT. So just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this move. Also, this will be used for my Cooks Question on Sports Lounge this week, so if you want to comment but dont want it read out, please let me know

jimmyhillsfanclub

No alarms & no surprises.....the game continues to eat itself whole.

Fuck 'em. I cared little for the CL (only gets interesting at the knock-out stages anyway) and the Europa League is a total joke & farce of a competition......it makes the JPT seem worthwhile & prestigious.....

I've never paid SKY TV a penny out of principle......I believe NO football fans should be paying TV companies extortionate monthly contracts....

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

lewys33

Am I right in reading that you will have to pay for BT sport now even if you have BT internet?

When the channel first started, you got it for free with BT Broadband, but this may have changed. BT also said if you already have BT TV you get the European games for free

Covstu

Its annoying as i did enjoy watching champions league on ITV and so did millions of others. I dont think this will involve lots of people migrating to BT sport to get this (similar to setanta back in the day) so it will be a averagely watched tournament now. The money in the prem has just got rediculous and now this is branching into europe, we will have a lot of leagues with millions to spend and eating up young talent. There is no control over this at the moment which is desperately needs but no league is brave enough to put any cap on salaries etc whilst the going is good.

Fuck em.

Users who are viewing this thread