Championship Predictions (1 Viewer)

Deity

...who both played in 5-0 defeat at Oxford. may have ability, but not been on show for a while - questionable attitudes? Wouldn't mind either, but do wonder what has been going on at that club. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ainsworth sacked within the first couple of months. Fans already seem very worried about him/their season.
Leicester have been heavily linked with Chair.

I would like Willock but I’ve not seen us linked with him anywhere but in this forum and I can’t remember who ever posted that rumour

The Philosopher

Since we seem to have mirrored Luton with a one year lag over the past 5 years or so, us winning the Playoffs (16/1 oddschecker) is a sensible prediction.

Dirk Turpin

I think we will have a bit of a poor start as we have had a big turnover in the starting 11 and just as we hit form the international break will put a spanner in the works like last season. Think we will finish strong in the latter stages and get playoffs again

slowpoke

Once this group of players settle and get some rhythm I think potentially we could be pretty awesome.
Fans have to realise we might need a little time to gel.
We have some Gyo. money left so I expect MR to see how thing pan out until end of August when he might bring in other players permanent or loan.
And we have COH back in the Autumn.

Irish Sky Blue

Leeds are the only team of the three relegated that have a manager with a proven track record in this division. Leicester's manager failed in his previous managerial job and Southampton's manager has never won promotion from any league despite playing attractive football. Logic dictates the three relegated sides have the most money and usually the best players, but that doesn't guarantee success.
I know he gets his teams to play possession football, but I would hate us to play the way that Russel Martin had Swansea playing. It was very dull for the most part. Keeping the ball but very rarely threatening the opposition goal also killed the atmosphere (admittedly this is going off the one game, our 0-0 draw there last season). Maybe Southampton will have better players than Swansea and will therefore have more of a cutting edge. However, I much prefer the way we play which is possession with a purpose.

skyblueelephant76

I know he gets his teams to play possession football, but I would hate us to play the way that Russel Martin had Swansea playing. It was very dull for the most part. Keeping the ball but very rarely threatening the opposition goal also killed the atmosphere (admittedly this is going off the one game, our 0-0 draw there last season). Maybe Southampton will have better players than Swansea and will therefore have more of a cutting edge. However, I much prefer the way we play which is possession with a purpose.
Swansea scored 10 more goals than us.

SeaSeeEffCee

I can’t for the life of me understand the Sunderland hype that seems to be everywhere. Almost every 1-24 I’m seeing has them in the play-offs and I just don’t get it. Their squad looks bang average on paper and their signings aren’t particularly impressive. Felt like a big over achievement, mainly fuelled by momentum and Diallo that got them to the play-offs last year and I just can’t see them repeating it.

Not even saying that because of our ‘faux rivalry’ with them because I find all that incredibly embarrassing.

San Francisco

I can’t for the life of me understand the Sunderland hype that seems to be everywhere. Almost every 1-24 I’m seeing has them in the play-offs and I just don’t get it. Their squad looks bang average on paper and their signings aren’t particularly impressive. Felt like a big over achievement, mainly fuelled by momentum and Diallo that got them to the play-offs last year and I just can’t see them repeating it.

Not even saying that because of our ‘faux rivalry’ with them because I find all that incredibly embarrassing.

I agree. No big name loans this season to carry them and Jobe is overhyped and nowhere near his brother. If he was an eighth as good as Jude is he wouldn't be leaving Brum for 3m.

fernandopartridge

I agree. No big name loans this season to carry them and Jobe is overhyped and nowhere near his brother. If he was an eighth as good as Jude is he wouldn't be leaving Brum for 3m.
We all know about Tony Mowbray's brilliant track record of replacing high performing loans

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

We aren't going to see full squads for a bit yet so hard to predict. I don't see us anywhere near the bottom of the table but feel cautious about playoffs or promotion. It could be my brutally installed pessimism around city but I think we could miss out on the playoffs and build for a push next year. Obviously hope I'm wrong!

skyblue025

With so many new first team signings and a tough set of fixtures to start, I'm expecting a slow start to the season. I'd like to think we will be in the top 10 come the end of the campaign so will be in the play-off mix. The league itself looks stronger than last year so it could go either way with a group of teams pulling away from the rest or the strong teams all beat each other and make it incredibly compact again. The good thing is against the strong teams we did well last year. PUSB.

Irish Sky Blue

Swansea scored 10 more goals than us.
Didn’t know that and my comments about them were based on our two games against them and the comments I heard from the Swansea supporters around us at the away game (we were in their hospitality area).
I said to my son after we had gone 3-0 up in the home game that surely their manager was going to change the way Swansea had been playing as they looked on for a real thumping. At that stage in the game they had kept the ball well and posed no threat whatsoever. Credit to him, he didn’t change and they came back for a point.
From the very small sample of Swansea watching I did last season, if that’s the way they play (and it seems it is), I’m glad we don’t play that way, despite their extra goals!

Saddlebrains

Fuck it

This is mine

1.Leicester

2.Southampton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Leeds

4.Coventry

5.Millwall

6.Swansea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.Middlesbrough

8.Stoke

9.Birmingham

10.Bristol City

11.Sunderland

12.Norwich

13.Watford

14.West Brom

15.Preston

16.Blackburn

17.Ipswich

18.Hull

19.Cardiff

20.Plymouth

21.Huddersfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22.QPR

23.Rotherham

24Sheffield Wednesday

SkyBlue_Bear83

Feel like we've got a great shot this season but is dependent on keeping Hamer, other than the relegated teams I think we could be the best of the rest.

Grendel

Feel like we've got a great shot this season but is dependent on keeping Hamer, other than the relegated teams I think we could be the best of the rest.

We would easily still be in contention without hamer

Legia Sky Blue

Southampton to do best of the relegated teams and win the league. The other 2 relegated teams will be in the top 6 too. Its difficult after that really but I would have thought Boro, Sunderland, Norwich, West Brom, Millwall, Swansea, Stoke, Ipswich and ourselves have reasonable shouts at making the play offs. Sheffield Wednesday look a poor team and unless they recruit well before September should go down. QPR still look in a mess although they have some hope while they retain Willock and Chair, with the other place between Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Irish Sky Blue

The Magazine ‘When Saturday Comes’ predicted table

Attachments

• 54C899EB-3FD0-426D-A303-E71D56A69F6B.jpeg
    54C899EB-3FD0-426D-A303-E71D56A69F6B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Gint11

A lot of clubs chief reporters have us in the playoffs. Just opinions but interesting to see.

Users who are viewing this thread