Championship Shithousery team of the Year (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Post concept though is a good one, much better than goal of the season, player of the season best other ground etc and other predictable stuff like that. Let make it an annual award!

rob9872

Most of the league tbf, hopefully we can learn a little knowhow and experience to help us over the line next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would say Preston, if only for the gargantuan battle to contain a shit before kick off which matched the shithousing on the pitch along with our last gasp 'relief'

Finham

Birmingham for the most disgusting "we're shit at football so doing this instead" award. Spoilers.

pusbccfc

At least 10 teams qualify for this. Time wasting bores.

skyblue1991

Luton for me

If it works for them and they keep getting away with it why don't we give it a go? We are too nice

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Not even against us, but Nathan Jones on the sidelines overseeing players like Lansbury, who most times I have seen him play this season (approx half a dozen), has made some really cheap nasty shots on opponents. Their defenders, Naismith, Bradley and co are all like Orcs, albeit effective, and even that Danny Hylton, who is on his last legs, was leaving his foot in late on players in the last game I watched them. It really is nasty stuff, and in my opinion, referees seem to have tolerated it more, in general this season. It's almost as if the referee thinks, well I can't book every poor challenge, otherwise I'll be booking them all, so players carry on until they are stopped. This annoys me more than the fact they will quickly dish out a yellow for a goalscorer taking his shirt off. Even kicking the ball away, time could be added on by the referee - yet injury causing hacks, players get away with. Just wrong.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Maybe I am getting old and less tolerant but "shithousery" is a really stupid modern word only used by young people.
Yes. You beat me to it. Still don't know what it means really. At least it doesn't sound like yer usual Americanisms that everyone wants to adopt. Sounds solidly British crap in all fairness.

CV22SBA

Most of the league tbf, hopefully we can learn a little knowhow and experience to help us over the line next season.
Spot on. We need to find a way of beating teams like Preston, Blackburn, Millwall & Luton (if they stay down).

Samo

At least 10 teams qualify for this. Time wasting bores.

All teams time waste. You don't notice it as much with as we are usually chasing the game!

Happy_Martian

I will LOL at this only because I liked to read other forums match threads and practically every one of them this year has accused us of doing the same, time wasting, throwing ourselves to the ground, niggly fouls etc.

From my distant view, there certainly appear to be 7 or 8 teams that would definitely qualify for an award. We're not completely clean either so would likely be up for an honorable mention.

baldy

Bit of a wimpy thread - it’s up to other teams how they play & for us to combat it

mark82

I will LOL at this only because I liked to read other forums match threads and practically every one of them this year has accused us of doing the same, time wasting, throwing ourselves to the ground, niggly fouls etc.

From my distant view, there certainly appear to be 7 or 8 teams that would definitely qualify for an award. We're not completely clean either so would likely be up for an honorable mention.

The Stoke commentator yesterday accused us of timewasting at one point when we took more than 3 seconds over a throw. Was nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread