Championship thread 23/24 (85 Viewers)

chiefdave

Still bloody expensive even with the subsidy. Ludicrous.
its quite something seeing the metal gymnastics from the Leeds fans to try and claim the moral high ground every time something about this gets posted on twitter.

They're still claiming we wouldn't change our home pricing for the game against them as we want to make money off 6K away fans while at the same time claiming we've limited their allocation because we're scared of them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

olderskyblue

Ive not been a teacher for about 7 years (and I’ve not taught for ten :p)
We had a teacher like that at school. Never learnt anything from him…. ;)

Gynnsthetonic

It's also been mentioned the new stadium will be a 50000 multi sports super stadium, seems a bit over the top for Birmingham City

Mcbean

Close to the HS2 station as well and within the broad vicinity of St Andrews, you'd be pleased about this if a Blues fan

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
HS2 🤣 will be non league by that time all sports will be virtual - you won’t need to go the game will be in your head just need to be plugged in

alexccfc99

They'll be after a significant contribution from the public purse no doubt

I do have my reservations about their owners tbh and every time I say that to a Blues fan I get slaughtered

Some baffling decision making in their first season and I find the constant PR stunts ever so slightly cringey

Some Blues fans I know are genuinely convinced they are going to end up challenging the upper echelons of the top flight - If it makes them happy I guess...

Mcbean

Their owner is behind it now I believe
I think it will be so expensive to buy a ticket no one will use it for pleasure , even the electric car can make it from London and back ( just ) - its a scar on the landscape for me - a vanity project thats gone out of control - but you are right could be a long wait for the stadium build

alexccfc99

I think it will be so expensive to buy a ticket no one will use it for pleasure , even the electric car can make it from London and back ( just ) - its a scar on the landscape for me - a vanity project thats gone out of control - but you are right could be a long wait for the stadium build
I don't even see the point of it, if it is only running from London to Brum

The Avanti service is more than quick enough to make a journey from London to Birmingham

SkyBlueCharlie9

Birmingham City Council are fcuked financially so no funding locally. Sunak and Co are on borrowed time so just using this as a potential GE vote winner without actually committing a penny. Best chance they have of national funding is a change in government. As we all know owners going on a PR fcukfest is dangerous and suggests their funding/wealth is not all its cracked up to be.

TomRad85

Birmingham City Council are fcuked financially so no funding locally. Sunak and Co are on borrowed time so just using this as a potential GE vote winner without actually committing a penny. Best chance they have of national funding is a change in government. As we all know owners going on a PR fcukfest is dangerous and suggests their funding/wealth is not all its cracked up to be.
Certainly some beggy vibes in there. Blues fans absolutely lap it up though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't even see the point of it, if it is only running from London to Brum

The Avanti service is more than quick enough to make a journey from London to Birmingham
Yep.

The only way HS2 had a sliver of a chance of proving worthwhile was when it got to the north and Scotland, where the journey times are a big difference. Even then it really needed to connect to the Eurotunnel line to really make sense.

If they had been genuine about it being to make the north more attractive they'd have started it in the north and worked their way down. Instead what we end up with is a relatively fast train that connects London to a large airport.

fernandopartridge

The point of HS2 isn't solely making it quicker to go to London. The key bit is releasing capacity on existing lines to allow increased frequency of local trains. It's just a shame this country is so utterly dumbed down by universal tabloid level journalism and the MPs it breeds that the case is never heard.

Covcraig@bury

HS2 will cut the time from Manchester to London by 10 minutes at a cost of the whole British debt. For what ? Manchester to London takes 2 hour 9 minutes. There’s no reason for this fecking construction just make the platforms longer and add more carriages it would have been that simple . Someone is making a shit load of 💰 from this . And all I can see is Joe Public paying more for the same journey 😡

Users who are viewing this thread