Championship thread 23/24 (6 Viewers)

coop

Doyle just been officially announced at fester.

Nuskyblue

His legs have gone and there’s more chance of me running a marathon than Ramsey staying fit all season
I think you're probably right there to be honest, he's not been right since he got snapped by Shawcross. He was always good for Wales tho, well up until the World Cup.

Ccfcisparks

I think you're probably right there to be honest, he's not been right since he got snapped by Shawcross. He was always good for Wales tho, well up until the World Cup.
Not sure about that. He played near enough 40 games a season every year at Arsenal. He got snapped by Shawcross when he wasn’t even a real first teamer.

Nuskyblue

Not sure about that. He played near enough 40 games a season every year at Arsenal. He got snapped by Shawcross when he wasn’t even a real first teamer.
I have a few friends that are Arsenal fans, they said that he used to pick up niggles (nearly always the hamstring of the leg that broke) with increasing frequency as time progressed.

Tho looking at the stats you are correct on his game time, shocked to see that he is only 32. You'd think he'd have more left in the tank.

Terry_dactyl

Correct, the feeling was that it could have been better I think.
Fair enough.
I went to the Cardiff vs Pompey cup final (thanks dad). I think Ramsey was 17 at the time and came on as sub. He was the best player on the pitch…against a very good Pompey team.

Nuskyblue

Fair enough.
I went to the Cardiff vs Pompey cup final (thanks dad). I think Ramsey was 17 at the time and came on as sub. He was the best player on the pitch…against a very good Pompey team.
I have absolutely no recollection of that game. I'd have been 18 so I can only assume I was pissed, high or hanging out the back of someone.

Terry_dactyl

I have absolutely no recollection of that game. I'd have been 18 so I can only assume I was pissed, high or hanging out the back of someone.
Tbf the only reason I remember it was because I was there.
I doubt it was a cup final that inspired the neutral viewer.
Especially if they were already enjoying more wholesome pursuits.

Terry_dactyl

Ramsey, Ugbo, Grant and Meite is pretty decent work for a club under a transfer embargo
They’ve signed a couple more too. I think some defender from the Turkish league.

I’ve never been too convinced that the embargo would stop them too much. Loads of free signings out there and loans of course.

Sky Blue Harry H

They’ve signed a couple more too. I think some defender from the Turkish league.

I’ve never been too convinced that the embargo would stop them too much. Loads of free signings out there and loans of course.
The only one I would have had a second look at for us would be Meite - and (assuming injured), turned out 27 times last season. Remember him being quite tricky out wide in a previous game against us.

TomRad85

The only one I would have had a second look at for us would be Meite - and (assuming injured), turned out 27 times last season. Remember him being quite tricky out wide in a previous game against us.
Yeh I was thinking the same, but for a team under an embargo its a pretty decent window.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Balli001

iflynno

I expect Adam Wharton will get sold for a decent fee to a PL club to cover the gap.

Wouldn't expect Hyam and Mcnally tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread