Changed my mind give it to Richard (1 Viewer)

theprince

Loved his interview and i know it is easy having won but lets forget this must have experience bollox We are a third division club, David Moyes, Tony Pulis, Big Sam, Paul Lambert and Nigel Atkins all started in that division.

Gaz

Rush of blood to the head :)

I'm over the moon myself though :D

craigSKYBLUE

Loved his interview and i know it is easy having won but lets forget this must have experience bollox We are a third division club, David Moyes, Tony Pulis, Big Sam, Paul Lambert and Nigel Atkins all started in that division.
Charlton did it...why not eh

Colonel Mustard

The great thing about tonight was seeing Shaw and Oggy on the touchline. A slight re-kindling of the spirit from our last good days as a club - something I'm sure any survivor from the 90s can relate to!

Gaz

The great thing about tonight was seeing Shaw and Oggy on the touchline. A slight re-kindling of the spirit from our last good days as a club - something I'm sure any survivor from the 90s can relate to!

Absolutely

Dghjklhc

Mucca Mad Boys

I think some are getting a bit carried away, good performance etc. but let's wait and see what happens in the Crewe game.

I think we should go for the experienced route but if Shaw earns it, he should get it.

I'm glad he kept the diamond! :D

Sky Blue Sheepy

I think some are getting a bit carried away, good performance etc. but let's wait and see what happens in the Crewe game.

I think we should go for the experienced route but if Shaw earns it, he should get it.

I'm glad he kept the diamond! :D

He kept the diamond but the players' off the ball movement made it effective - and the subs meant the wing backs didn't get too tired. Unfortunately for Thorn that is stuff the manager should be telling his players to do which wasn't happening I guess. Don't want to get carried away, but I enjoyed that

Paxman II

A good sign as he seemed to get something from the players Thorn was unable to do. However it's early days and it may just well be the Thorn gone factor just as easily. One thing was prominent though. Shaw/Carsley knew when and how to change it when needed. His selections were almost excellent. willis I thought did struggle a bit and is not ready for me. Edjenguele was master stroke. A footballer and quick. Confident on the ball and had King in his pocket all night.

Martin180

Shaw commands respect for this club , he must have an aura about the place .

Give him the job ,after tonight i reckon he has got weeks to win the fans over

Mucca Mad Boys

He kept the diamond but the players' off the ball movement made it effective - and the subs meant the wing backs didn't get too tired. Unfortunately for Thorn that is stuff the manager should be telling his players to do which wasn't happening I guess. Don't want to get carried away, but I enjoyed that

Which I have said, it is more down to the manager than the system (imo) as it is ridiculous to suggest if we'd played 4-4-2 last season, we'd be in the Championship!

Astute

So should Shaw get the job straight away?

Last night the team played well. We beat a team in a division above us over 120 mins. We played at least OK for most of it. This alone is an improvement. We attacked with intent. We came from behind to win. All in all a good performance.

But....we lost the lead, drew after 90 mins, beat a team that has drawn one and lost two in the league and are in the bottom 3 in the Championship. To me it would be like when we signed AT. He had a good start considering he took over a team that was sliding down tje table. We only lost two games with him in charge to the end of the season. Shaw also has a lack of experience. I am not saying he shouldn't be given a chance, but one game against a club that have started badly playing us at home does not make him the one to take us over. We should give him some more games in the league and see what happens. Look at the results last night. Our result wasn't a shock. Stoke went out. That was an upset. Ipswich going out was a bigger upset than us winning.

Well done Shaw, well done.lads, but one result don't mean we have turned the corner yet.

lordsummerisle

Last night the team played well. We beat a team in a division above us over 120 mins. We played at least OK for most of it. This alone is an improvement. We attacked with intent. We came from behind to win. All in all a good performance.

But....we lost the lead, drew after 90 mins, beat a team that has drawn one and lost two in the league and are in the bottom 3 in the Championship. To me it would be like when we signed AT. He had a good start considering he took over a team that was sliding down tje table. We only lost two games with him in charge to the end of the season. Shaw also has a lack of experience. I am not saying he shouldn't be given a chance, but one game against a club that have started badly playing us at home does not make him the one to take us over. We should give him some more games in the league and see what happens. Look at the results last night. Our result wasn't a shock. Stoke went out. That was an upset. Ipswich going out was a bigger upset than us winning.

Well done Shaw, well done.lads, but one result don't mean we have turned the corner yet.

You admitting we had a corner we needed to turn in the first place?

sotv1987

Agree totally!!!! No need to rush into making a decision, give Shaw a few more games, then see!!!

I wouldn't be adverse to Wise, Shaw, Carsley

Only my opinion!!!

torchomatic

Last night was brilliant, but it was for one game. Thorn had a similar affect if you remember. Shaw certainly hasn't done his chances any harm though.

Astute

You admitting we had a corner we needed to turn in the first place?

Of course I am.

We drew away to Yeovil. Could easily have won. Drew with Sheff Utd. They are favourites to win this division. We then drew with Bury. Bad result when you consider we should have had the game wrapped up by halftime.

We had a corner to turn whoever was in charge. We could have won each game this season. We could have also lost each game. AT has gone. Time to get behind whoever is in charge and hope whoever it is can get better.results than AT did.

covross

Don't give the job to Shaw. I wonder if the same people that want Shaw now championed for Thorn when he drew a few of the 10 games he took charge of 18 months ago. I'm worried that the 'great to see another black manager at a club getting a chance' brigade will influence Shaw's appointment also. Billy Davies is my choice. PUSB

Otis

'Great to see another black manager at a club getting a chance brigade' somehow doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the ATB.

skyblue1523

Just because at did'nt work out doesn't mean it wouldn't work with Shaw he was on the touchline nearly all game barking orders out he has got skyblue blood tuning through his veins and he knows how the fans feel.pusb

Colonel Mustard

Don't give the job to Shaw. I wonder if the same people that want Shaw now championed for Thorn when he drew a few of the 10 games he took charge of 18 months ago.

There was nothing wrong with hiring Thorn. The mistake was in not sacking him much, much sooner.

theprince

Don't give the job to Shaw. I wonder if the same people that want Shaw now championed for Thorn when he drew a few of the 10 games he took charge of 18 months ago. I'm worried that the 'great to see another black manager at a club getting a chance' brigade will influence Shaw's appointment also. Billy Davies is my choice. PUSB
Why bring colour into it does the colour of someone's skin give you a problem

sky_blue_up_north

Far to early as many other have said it's one game. I remember Thorn's first game at Burnley we were outstanding that night, I could not believe how well be played. We have to be careful, I want promotion this season like all of us, so lets take our time and get the right person to achieve that.

I have heard that Shaw has 'been given' five games. Whether that is to prove what he can do or to give the board time to find someone else (or a combination of the two... or even if this is a load of bollocks - I know where it came from, but it does sound like the sort of thing that could just as easily be guesswork), I don't know. I don't think Thorn was the messiah and I think he made some errors in his tenure. I don't think he was as useless as others would have you believe. I also think he is largely irrelevant in what happens. The sensible option is to consider all options.

theprince

People with racist problems always always let their veil slip by bringing colour into debates, usually coupled with the "i'm not a racist but" comment.

skyblueman

I have heard that Shaw has 'been given' five games. Whether that is to prove what he can do or to give the board time to find someone else (or a combination of the two... or even if this is a load of bollocks - I know where it came from, but it does sound like the sort of thing that could just as easily be guesswork), I don't know. I don't think Thorn was the messiah and I think he made some errors in his tenure. I don't think he was as useless as others would have you believe. I also think he is largely irrelevant in what happens. The sensible option is to consider all options.

If they need five games to find a replacement then fair enough - 'trying out' Shaw for five games is mindless - they might as well have left AT in and given him a fairer crack at it with the squad he put together rover the summer - it has to be an external appointment and a decent one at that

covross

The next appointment is probably the most important in the clubs history, shit or bust. Shaw wins one game and some fans are making him out to be the next Mourinho. Its Thorn all over again 2 years later.

Real

I couldn't care less if he's black white or Australian, I just want the best man for the job. If the team were to continue performing for Shaw as they did last night, that's why I'd like to see him given the job, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread