Charlie Booker's ScreenWipe (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
Big fan of this! And an even bigger fan of the man himself! His screenwipe show is basically my thoughts about modern TV, projected on to the TV! Taking a rarther cynical, but IMO hilarious look at the way TV is put together, and in the last few weeks he has covered the complete over-reaction of absolutely everybody everywhere regarding the Brand-Ross fiasco, and such other stuff. But it's not all in your face cyncial ranting, last Tuesday the entire epsiode was actually a really insightful looking into the writing process of some of the best programmes on TV, like Peep Show and Doctor Who (and interviews with the writers themselves, of course!)

Anyway, it's on tonight, on BBCFour at 10.30pm (or it might be 10.35, can't remember!)

S

simmouk

Administrator
Childrens TV episode of Screenwipe was on last night - fantastic! Kids TV just ISN'T like it was in the old days. Especially relevant with the sad passing of the guy who made programs such as Bagbuss and The Clangers - true classics, with style, individuality and character - much better than the nonsence on these days! (except for the Chuckle Brothers, still going strong! To me, to you!)

Bunnykins

I saw abit of this Was he Really having a w... over Dot Cotton :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread