Charlton chief executive summoned to FA (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

They are in a different position to us and are going through managers at a very good rate at the moment. They have one issue, Bad owners whereas our problem involves many parties. Lets hope the FA start with the easy one and then get us sorted. I doubt it somehow but we can hope.

Covstu

They are in a different position to us and are going through managers at a very good rate at the moment. They have one issue, Bad owners whereas our problem involves many parties. Lets hope the FA start with the easy one and then get us sorted. I doubt it somehow but we can hope.
I think one thing we do share is poor ownership so I think we are in the same boat on that one. The other parties ie. Wasps, CCC etc are nothing to do with the FL but ultimately SISU have to confirm that they have plans to provide a long term future for the club which we know isn't going to happen.

rob9872

They're in London. Unfortunately nobody gives a flying feck about us.

dongonzalos

Just listened to a charlton fan on the radio.
Very well spoken. Explained that they supported Russell Slade to the maximum. They desperately wanted it to work with him.
However due to the way the club is run it is rotten to the core and Slade had no chance.
They travelled to Belgium and protested at Roland's business address. People were very supportive of their actions.
They know that the club has no future till Roland goes.
They will not stop into they have created a situation he has no choice but to go.
He has put a lawyer in charge and apparently she is well out of her depth.
He says he has other parts of his business to focus on not just Charlton

Nick

Administrator
What is it that they don't like about how it is run?

From what I can see, getting involved in the football side and hiring crap managers?

georgehudson

An interesting spot TA, many thanks for that, & dongo, yes, I heard the Charlton fan, who was suitably forthright.
Imho, I sincerely hope that Damien Collins gets his teeth into this dire situation.
Charlton are just one of so many clubs that are being torn apart by poor ownership & administration, imho, Coventry City are most certainly one of those.
Then when Greg Clarke is quoted in replying to the question of who owns CCFC ? I'm sure I read his reply, being something like, 'I'm not sure now but I used to know' WTF!!!
Several of us were discussing the state of CCFC last week, & 1 of our friends, who is a fan of the oval game, Coventry RFC & not the insects, but nevertheless well read, said, 'It sounds as though CCFC are suffering from willful neglect from their owners'.
Time for football fans to have their say
PUSB

dongonzalos

From what I can see, getting involved in the football side and hiring crap managers?

Thee of the main gripes he stated was putting someone in charge of the club who has no experience in running football clubs and seems completely out of their depth.
Repeatedly sacking managers before they actually get any time to implement their plans. Apparent they have had loads in the last two years.
Showing no actual interest in the club itself

rupert_bear

But who actually owns us ? In the past Sepalla has said she's THE owner yet recently Leonard Brody has said he is a co-owner ? until we can unravel that scenario I think we are buggered to be honest.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

From what I can see there is a tendency for owners who know nothing about Football to buy clubs with a rich heritage then run them into the ground without much regard to the future of the club. It isn't good for the community in which those clubs are part of.

Captain Dart

But who actually owns us ? In the past Sepalla has said she's THE owner yet recently Leonard Brody has said he is a co-owner ? until we can unravel that scenario I think we are buggered to be honest.

Brody owns about 4%. You can count shares he owns vs. total shares.

Nick

Administrator
Thee of the main gripes he stated was putting someone in charge of the club who has no experience in running football clubs and seems completely out of their depth.
Repeatedly sacking managers before they actually get any time to implement their plans. Apparent they have had loads in the last two years.
Showing no actual interest in the club itself

Saw it was a French woman or something in charge?

So the main thing is a clueless chairwoman? They spent a fair whack in the summer as well.

torchomatic

It isn't good for the community in which those clubs are part of.

Agree. Which is why CCC selling to Wasps pisses me off so much. It isn't good for the community in which those clubs are part of.

Grendel

Owners can appoint and do what they want. It's a pointless piece of Fillibusting

stupot07

Can someone summarise whats wrong at Charlton? What are the owners actually doing? I know we protested with them, but JTS passed me by. What makes them bad owners?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I thought no one owned more than something like 9% and Sisus shares are split among the investors but as it's such a low figure we don't have to release names. Or I might have dreamt that.

wingy

So on that basis where is the value to holding all that debt as shares a benefit to each individual investor?

dongonzalos

Saw it was a French woman or something in charge?

So the main thing is a clueless chairwoman? They spent a fair whack in the summer as well.

I heard her speak but did not know where she is from.
He said she is a lawyer with no experience of running football clubs.
Yes the gripes were that.
The fact the owner says he has other business to run and charlton is only 1.5 % of his empire so he can't devote any time to it.
Also the continuous changing of mangers over a short period of time. I think their rate is higher than even ours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread