ChatGPT (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

To be a pedant: it’s not just recycling what’s online. Large language models are trained by building a model of the probability of the next word based on previous words (tokens). That model is trained on a variety of sources including the net but it doesn’t take wholesale elements like some image generation models do.

The reason ChatGPT is different is that most LMs are tuned by predicting the next token on a webpage text, but ChatGPT is tuned with human input from people hired and screened. So instead of optimising for purely guessing the next word, it’s optimised for being accurate to the users intention.

Its basically a fancy equivalent of that game where you just press the next suggested word on your phone keypad like: “I like SBT because I have to pay to be able and I can’t change it.” Just better trained.
That makes sense - I’d say though that if you’re using it to create content for the web, you are effectively just rewriting information that’s already online and it’s not going to add further value to what’s already there - especially as it only goes up to 2021.

Sick Boy

I was doing some work stuff on Twitter the other day and there was an ad for young woman AI - she told me her favourite player for us was CoH, so she has my vote. It was a bit too Black Mirror-esque though!

robbiekeane

I love it, I don’t think it’ll catch on for content creation but for me the best use is like google on steroids.

I’ve used to for work to pull out valid parts of free trade agreements for imports of certain products. I was also using it yesterday to recommend some Chinese manufacturers wheelsets that specifically were compatible for my bikes components.

I also got it to plan out a one day itinerary for a trip to Adelaide. So good.

Sick Boy

I love it, I don’t think it’ll catch on for content creation but for me the best use is like google on steroids.

I’ve used to for work to pull out valid parts of free trade agreements for imports of certain products. I was also using it yesterday to recommend some Chinese manufacturers wheelsets that specifically were compatible for my bikes components.

I also got it to plan out a one day itinerary for a trip to Adelaide. So good.
It’s already been integrated into Bing - Maak kennis met de nieuwe Bing.
Not sure why the link is showing in what I guess is Dutch!!

Users who are viewing this thread