Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Handed over to the Chelsea charity.

Who's going to fund them?

Brighton Sky Blue

During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans.

Pretty vague

chiefdave

All seems a bit vague at the moment. Some reports saying this is temporary so potential this is just some legal manoeuvring to stop it being seized as an asset and / or protect his investment. There was some football finance bloke, not the usual idiot that gets basic facts about us wrong every time he posts, saying that if he stayed as owner and his assets were frozen Chelsea could potentially go out of existence very quickly.

SBAndy

I have a very cynical take on this. Doesn’t the Charity own the stadium? Hasn’t it for years refused to sell to enable development of a new stadium?

wingy

Just the p
I have a very cynical take on this. Doesn’t the Charity own the stadium? Hasn’t it for years refused to sell to enable development of a new stadium?
Just the pitch I think.
Not the stadium/Stands.

fernandopartridge

He can just be a donor to the charity now, they can't seize the assets of a charity he donates to. That said, not sure what its charitable aims are

13th_choice_seamer

Nothing against the club itself or their fans, but happy to see the back of him. Smug git who is only where he is because he was in the right place to buy the rights to the largest gas reserves in the world. Although anyone would do the same in his position, he's basically appropriated the mutual wealth of 150 million people and bought boats, hotels, some supermodels and some overpriced footballers with it.

Chelsea had been upstarts from the minute they got Hoddle, then Gullit, Vialli, Zola, Di Matteo etc - then Roman stepped in paying comedy money for flops like Torres, Mutu, Crespo, Makalele and Shevchenko. Let's hope they fade back to their rightful station - they were playing second tier whilst we were in the top flight, let's not forget.

Frostie

Nothing against the club itself or their fans, but happy to see the back of him. Smug git who is only where he is because he was in the right place to buy the rights to the largest gas reserves in the world. Although anyone would do the same in his position, he's basically appropriated the mutual wealth of 150 million people and bought boats, hotels, some supermodels and some overpriced footballers with it.

Chelsea had been upstarts from the minute they got Hoddle, then Gullit, Vialli, Zola, Di Matteo etc - then Roman stepped in paying comedy money for flops like Torres, Mutu, Crespo, Makalele and Shevchenko. Let's hope they fade back to their rightful station - they were playing second tier whilst we were in the top flight, let's not forget.

I was kinda with you until you called Makelele a flop! 😲

chiefdave

Isn't there a rule that a minimum number of tickets have to be supplied for away fans? Lots of accounts who should no what they are talking about saying no tickets for away fans so surely they'll be in breach of PL regulations.

David O'Day

I don’t think PL regulations supersede UK government sanctions tbh. Even if you’re a member of the Leamington supporters club.

Has anyone told Rob this? He'll be writing Boris a strongly worded letter on Farmers SC headed letter paper.

chiefdave

I don’t think PL regulations supersede UK government sanctions tbh. Even if you’re a member of the Leamington supporters club.
Of course but what I mean is if a requirement of participation in the PL is that you supply x number of tickets for away supporters and Chelsea can't do that then shouldn't there be a penalty?

Grendel

Of course but what I mean is if a requirement of participation in the PL is that you supply x number of tickets for away supporters and Chelsea can't do that then shouldn't there be a penalty?

They can - the government won’t let them

SBT

It’s the same situation as the coronavirus season essentially. The PL is obviously going to make an allowance for clubs who can’t meet the letter of the law because of government rules. The only exception I suppose is going to be if they can’t fulfil fixtures.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What's the longer term possibility of Abramovich's UK based assets being seized? If i read it correctly they are currently frozen but is that the extent of what can be done with them?

It will be a very odd end to their season now, technically no away fans could be seen as an advantage but weighed againat being seemingly fucked i doubt that's any consolation to them.

Skyblueweeman

This is crazy.

With regards to their team stays at away matches - I've not worked on a Chelsea team stay for a few years but they would happily spend £10-£15k on a team stay 5 years ago so with inflation and the cost of hotels (making money after making nothing for two years due to the pandemic), it's definitely going to alter their match preparation.

Transport costs on top of that as well. Crazy situation.

Could be quite seismic this.

Skyblueweeman

But what I was saying is that their first time will not get what they normally need, for £20k. U23s probably, Womens team and U18s down, yes. But it'll affect their first time and their pre-match preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread