Chesterfield (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

f66f35278081a66e07166f267ee11b55.png

Offside apparently

Nick

Administrator
Also, the foul at the very end should have been close to a few shouldn't it? He would have been one on one with the keeper?

Will need to see it again though

skybluelee

The club really need to try and get as many people back up there at the min as possible. We absolutely excellent today and could have won by 4 or 5. Someone will get a hammering before long.

Tickets are cheap, we have our best manager for decades, and a talented young team playing attacking, exciting football. What more should the club do? Free blow jobs?

Otis

He was a dirty bastard who should have been sent off. 3 bookable challenges in 5 minutes.

Murphy mom for me, great performance and he's finding his feet now. Kent was class too, JOB probably worst game of the season and I thought mowbary got his subs bang on today. On another day could have been 4 or 5. So many chances created. Ricoh will be a fortress this season just as TM promised

That Morsy had already been warned by the ref prior to that cynical shirt pull on Vincelot. That was a nailed on, all day long, absolute certain booking and I was astounding when the ref didn't give him a yellow for that.

There is no way that guy should have been on the pitch. Dreadful officiating.

stupot07

Maybe people a bit skint what just coming out of summer hols ..... Just a thought

Could be right.....and they will need to save for Christmas presents, then will be skint in jan-feb because of Christmas, then will be looking to pay/book their summer holiday in March/April.....

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Cracking win yesterday. Team performance.

skyblueinBaku

That Morsy had already been warned by the ref prior to that cynical shirt pull on Vincelot. That was a nailed on, all day long, absolute certain booking and I was astounding when the ref didn't give him a yellow for that.

There is no way that guy should have been on the pitch. Dreadful officiating.

I'm amazed that Morsy was on the pitch for 90 minutes. He seemed to be intent on maiming Vincelot. Should have been sent off long before the end of the game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The clothes line on RV could have been a red then after his yellow pulled RV down as we broke the ref turned the foul down as he knew it would have had to be a red.

Another weak ref that Chesterfield played very well yesterday.

Otis

The clothes line on RV could have been a red then after his yellow pulled RV down as we broke the ref turned the foul down as he knew it would have had to be a red.

Another weak ref that Chesterfield played very well yesterday.

Yeah agree. It almost seemed like he chickened out of that last foul and decided not to call it a foul because he would then indeed have had to send him off.

Just checked his stats and he hasn't sent anyone off at all in the last 15 games. Not sure if that hold any relevance or not.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yeah agree. It almost seemed like he chickened out of that last foul and decided not to call it a foul because he would then indeed have had to send him off.

Just checked his stats and he hasn't sent anyone off at all in the last 15 games. Not sure if that hold any relevance or not.

But he went for the easy option of sending Maradona off yesterday.

His first yello I thought was harsh (if I remember rightly) then the handball was idiotic! Blokes 2nd red of the season already.

RV 1 yellow away from a ban?

Grendel

I'm amazed that Morsy was on the pitch for 90 minutes. He seemed to be intent on maiming Vincelot. Should have been sent off long before the end of the game.

To be fair vincelots antics of looking like he'd been shot by a sniper and then banging the turf with his fist as if he was having an amputation Victorian style wasn't helping his cause. Especially as the trainer wasn't required.

I thought the ref was ok. He made a stand not to dish cards out like confetti and not allow trainers on the pitch every time someone fell over.

H

Huckerby

To be fair vincelots antics of looking like he'd been shot by a sniper and then banging the turf with his fist as if he was having an amputation Victorian style wasn't helping his cause. Especially as the trainer wasn't required.

I thought the ref was ok. He made a stand not to dish cards out like confetti and not allow trainers on the pitch every time someone fell over.
Hahaha I rate that comparison. Victorian style amputation

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

@JohnsonReda: yesterday was emotional for me.Around the 90th min i saw all the fans standing up singing my song.my mom had tears.#iwillneverforget.thanks

SlowerThanPlatt

I think the best thing about this years squad is that they all seem likeable (well so far anyway). Past few seasons we've had players with less than 100% commitment and poor work rate, doesn't seem the case with this team

Otis

I thought the ref was okay, apart from the Morsy situation, which was scandulous. The guy simply should not have remained on the pitch.

That pull back on Vincelot was cynical and a bang on yellow card, no messing. He had already been warned by the ref prior to that, so the warning plus a cynical pull back can only result in one thing, a yellow card. Totally a cynical foul.

After that there were 3 more fouls by the same player and there is absolutely no doubt he should have gone. Well, of course he would have gone, because he was indeed yellow carded later on. Besides that, I would agree, the ref wasn't that bad overall.

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just wanted to add my experience of my non-footballing matchday, as there are regular questions about parking/turnstiles/JSB zone -

Parked in Tesco around 2pm on the pizza hut side of the car park. Still trying to work out the best place to park for a quick getaway afterwards…

Armed with 2 x match day vouchers (which arrived the day after ordering them on 02476992326) and a JSB going to his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] game, walked round to try and find the family zone, which wasn’t at all obvious from the turnstiles (had the delight of the Chesterfield stone island crew swearing away as we walked past).

Asked an orange coated steward outside the turnstiles that just before the cash ones on the corner of East Stand/North Stand. He didn’t know and had to ask the turnstile operator (it was). Exchanged vouchers for tickets no problem and got given 3 seats near the back of block 22; perfect.

The JSB zone was just closing when we got there, but there looked like there was plenty to do – Subbuteo, table football, arts and crafts, temp tattoos, compos, write letter to your fave player. Will defo try and get there for when it opens at 1.30 next time.

Half-time entertainment – Stayed in seat to watch a guy somehow chip the ball over the bar from the edge of the area, which amusingly rendered the PA bloke speechless for a few seconds.

Post-game; happy walk back to the car and then joined the queue for ages trying to get out. No car park security, but did see one guy in a range rover in the queue stick half a dozen post-it notes over his rear number plate – wtf – assume he thought there were cameras in place?

At £13ea for 2 adults and free for a JSB (+ pre-season outlay on £20 x two memberships), I defy anyone to say it’s not value for money. Banbury United is a tenner ffs. And my boy is already looking forward to the Shrewsbury game in a couple of weeks, and referring to Cov as ‘we’, so it’s all good! :p

Users who are viewing this thread