Chris Stokes ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Is there or has there been any news on Stokes ? Getting him back to first team action would be like a new signing and exactly what we need for the scrap ahead.

Grendel

He played once for Slade.

RFC

Long term injury with another set-back, unlikely to feature this season!

Most unexpected because of his lack of game time but still great to see, did well before being forced off.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Contract ends 30th June. I don't think he will play for City again.

Otis

He played once for Slade.
Yep, played the first half against Brighton in the EFL Trophy.

Looked good too. Had a tight groin though so was replaced at half time.

Slade said he was back training last week, so maybe a chance for him today even if it is just on the bench.

oucho

pastythegreat

Why not? Who else is going to take a player that hasn't played for 1 and a half seasons?
We'll be in the same league as Forest Green next season! They'll have him back. That'd be a decent investment, sell a player to a team 2 leagues higher then get him back on a free 2 seasons later when you're in the same league and he's a much better player for the experience

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It looked like he was sure as shit to be sold in January.

Either that or he did just get thrown into Slade's bomb squad with Bigi.

Fucking hard luck to be out injured over a 12 month calendar period.

Speedies_Chips

It looked like he was sure as shit to be sold in January.

Either that or he did just get thrown into Slade's bomb squad with Bigi.

Fucking hard luck to be out injured over a 12 month calendar period.

Sold to who? I know we all rate him, but I don't really think he has captured the attention of anyone else outside of Coventry.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sold to who? I know we all rate him, but I don't really think he has captured the attention of anyone else outside of Coventry.

I don't know, I'm not Jim White.

He earned himself a move after last season, and I would have thought someone would still have taken a gamble on him January.

Certainly the odd activity around his availability suggested something was going on. - 'He's out on the grass', six weeks later.... Nothing. Then comes back for half a game and is suddenly wrapped in cotton wool.

D

Deleted member 4439

We'll be in the same league as Forest Green next season! They'll have him back. That'd be a decent investment, sell a player to a team 2 leagues higher then get him back on a free 2 seasons later when you're in the same league and he's a much better player for the experience

But Forest Green are a team with investment behind them, and are a team on the up, so probably wouldn't be looking to pick up someone struggling to come back from long term injury.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to sampling the vegan pies.

robbiethemole

did the same with Ivor Lawton, got him fit then told him to bugger off. maybe MR will have a change of heart and put them both in the squad for next year

Nick

Administrator

It would be if they had sold him...

Captain Dart

Sky Blue Pete

RFC wrong? Surely not. He has always been so accurate before on everything.

It's thanks to his proven insight and insider knowledge that yesterday I was sitting in my sparkling brand new seat at the spanking brand new stadium .
3 weeks yet Otis

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yesterday's game for Stokes reminded me of his debut and early days with us. Off the pace, but tried, and needs a hair cut.

His whole image almost goes back to how he looked as a non league player.

But I do hope we keep hold of him and he gets a good pre season behind him

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yesterday's game for Stokes reminded me of his debut and early days with us. Off the pace, but tried, and needs a hair cut.

His whole image almost goes back to how he looked as a non league player.

But I do hope we keep hold of him and he gets a good pre season behind him

Odd post in my opinion sw.

Give me yesterday's Chris Stokes over Jordan Turnbull and his lovely hair cut and trimmed beard!

Captain Dart

Only cramp apparently.
Whew, well maybe he will get a new contract, but he is too good for league two so no guarantees it will be here.

Users who are viewing this thread