Christmas coming early apparently? / Dale Evans... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
He's sent an official letter? That doesn't make sense. He's supposedly part of a consortium. Why on earth would he be making the offer?

giphy.gif

He's gone rogue...

stevefloyd

Jan 16, 2013
Well you would think so, but this is Dale Evans, so obviously it will be Gavin Strachan.

Either that or Gene Simmonds from Kiss.

This is Dale Evans world where all things are possible.

I'm eloping with Anna Friel and Bjork on Friday and we're all going to live on a white fluffy cloud in Nutella Land.
Does the missus know?

Fergusons_Beard

Aug 18, 2011
On another note-Barnsley just been taken over by the Chinese consortium that own Nice in French league. (Part owned by Billy Bean -Moneyball Guy)

Barnsley FFS are more investable than us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrtrench

Aug 17, 2008
Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
Hhmmm...ending a sentence with a preposition.

ha ha. :) However not in this context, as "do my head in" is a commonly used verb with no subject expected. It would be odd, wouldn't it, if I restructured the sentence as "in which it does my head." :angelic:

Last edited:

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
On another note-Barnsley just been taken over by the Chinese consortium that own Nice in French league. (Part owned by Billy Bean -Moneyball Guy)

Barnsley FFS are more investable than us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their current owner is terminally ill and actively sought a buyer for the club whereas we're not for sale!!

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Think people should just ignore it and lay off now. I think It’s becoming clear there is something not right, mentally.
People have had their fun and I get that from what has gone on before.
However now it’s looks pretty clear like there are issues. So probably best just ignored.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
Nutter update... Dale says on Facebook: "I've sent an official offer through my solicitors today, an offer in the region that they asked for."

Hope he didn't fax it, use non-letterhead paper or indeed draw his letter with wax crayons.

All that follows is purely opinion and no personal slight intended or made just in case there are any lawyers around

Just say he has the money ................. I have seen nothing that tells me he has (so I do not believe it or in him) .................. So this following scenario is make believe on my part ......

Say he has put in a bid, has proof of funds - something more than a betting slip
What he has now done would mean he is part of the consortium only when it suits him - reference through "my solicitors" and is acting alone in this new bid
I am pretty certain the figure that Seppala wants upfront is nearer £20m than £10m - I would question the sanity and financial understanding of anyone making such a bid
He has good professional advisors You would have to question what the hell his professional advisors are doing (I don't mean the guy with the hat)
Has put the price up to anyone else who bids by setting the bar higher - this has implications for on going funding and debt levels at CCFC

It is not get rid of SISU at all costs, or at least in a rational world it shouldn't be. For the future of the club this deal has to be at the right price, in the right structure and in the hands of people who know what they are doing. I have seen no evidence of any of that so far. It is one thing buying the club quite another running it and funding it going forward.

So far it has been all conducted by media and social media. In my opinion it has been impatient, unprofessional, contradictory, inconsistent, self promoting, lacking commercial understanding or structures, prone to trumpesque social media bickering, knee jerk reactions and changes of allegiance, and immature demanding and proclamations. It has done no one any credit or favour. It has made the whole thing more confused and harder to achieve and put the price of an achievable deal up by many millions. It has divided the fans further, confused and ultimately carried little credibility because of all of the above

Just my opinion but the biggest risk to the future of CCFC today is that he has the money and SISU say yes (both I think very unlikely). From what I have seen and heard so far I have no confidence whatsoever that the club would then be in good hands, stable safe and prospering under Mr Evan's ownership - quite the reverse in fact, I would expect a short dismal future. Just my opinion of course

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
All that follows is purely opinion and no personal slight intended or made just in case there are any lawyers around

Just say he has the money ................. I have seen nothing that tells me has (so I do not believe it or in him) .................. So this following scenario is make believe too ...... if he can so can we :hilarious:

Say he has put in a bid, has proof of funds
that would mean he is part of the consortium only when it suits him - reference through "his solicitors"
I am pretty certain the figure that Seppala wants upfront is nearer £20m than £10m - I would question the sanity and financial understanding of anyone making such a bid
He has good professional advisors You would have to question what the hell his professional advisors are doing (I don't mean the guy with the hat)
Has put the price up to anyone else who bids by setting the bar higher - this has implications for on going funding and debt levels at CCFC

It is not get rid of SISU at all costs, or at least in a rational world it shouldn't be. For the future of the club this deal has to be at the right price, in the right structure and in the hands of people who know what they are doing. It is one thing buying the club quite another running it and funding it going forward.

So far it has been all conducted by media and social media. In my opinion it has been impatient, unprofessional, contradictory, inconsistent, self promoting, lacking commercial understanding or existing structures, prone to trumpesque social media bickering, knee jerk reactions and changes of allegiance, and immature demanding and proclamations. It has done no one any credit or favour. It has made the whole thing more confused and harder to achieve and put the price of an achievable deal up by many millions.

Just my opinion but the biggest risk to the future of CCFC today is that he has the money and SISU say yes (both I think very unlikely). From what I have seen and heard so far I have no confidence whatsoever that the club would then be in good hands, stable safe and prospering under Mr Evan's ownership - quite the reverse in fact, I would expect a short dismal future
With the one caveat that he might be prepared to move a worthless club on for nowt... unlike SISU!

Agree with Don though, definite issues so maybe the best thing we can do for him is not give him any more attention

bradwellskyblues

Feb 27, 2008
the saddest point in this sorry tale is that normal ,rational and sensible fans have been driven to cling to any old nonsense posted on social media.
The current owners and their henchman have driven us to this point.

skybluepm2

May 16, 2013
Burbage
Nutter update... Dale says on Facebook: "I've sent an official offer through my solicitors today, an offer in the region that they asked for."

Hope he didn't fax it, use non-letterhead paper or indeed draw his letter with wax crayons.

Or the easy mistake of failing to press send/check your outbox. Even a genius of Michael Bing’s calibre can make such error!

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
If Hoffman is still anywhere near this steaming pile of bullshit, then I have zero faith in him......or his shiny pound.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Hoff - get your address book out and find us a Chinese billionaire.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Think people should just ignore it and lay off now. I think It’s becoming clear there is something not right, mentally.
People have had their fun and I get that from what has gone in before.
However now it’s looks pretty clear like there are issues. So probably best just ignored.
Yeah, agree. I said before he may have some mental health issues.

Some others though just think he's been drinking.

It's sad whichever way you look at it. Thing is though, if he does have a health issue you would have thought his family and friends would have prevented him having exposure to social media.

If he does have issues, us slagging him off on here isn't going to help at all is it, so if it was my missus or brother etc. I would be overseeing what they are typing and be intercepting and preventing.

If he has a condition all this can hardly be helpful.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
That's what I mean, why aren't his family having a quiet word?
He seems to be free to post whatever and whenever he wants.

That's the bit I don't get. Seems possible he has a health problem, so why isn't anyone in his family keeping an eye on that and preventing him from posting stuff that will clearly result in angry and irritated comeback from those who see it?

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, agree. I said before he may have some mental health issues.

Some others though just think he's been drinking.

It's sad whichever way you look at it. Thing is though, if he does have a health issue you would have thought his family and friends would have prevented him having exposure to social media.

If he does have issues, us slagging him off on here isn't going to help at all is it, so if it was my missus or brother etc. I would be overseeing what they are typing and be intercepting and preventing.

If he has a condition all this can hardly be helpful.

I know at the beginning it had to be consisidered as a serious possibility. Hence why I don’t have a massive issue with people looking into it back then and highlighting the flaws and the contradictions.
Also understand the frustration when it transpired to be not what it seemed.
However now to me it’s clear something isn’t right.
At this point it is better people just totally ignore it.
Who knows slowly the bloke could be having a breakdown and this is part of it.
There is possibly a lot going on we don’t know about and this second bout of posting after everything before makes me think something really isnt right.
Maybe his family are trying their best stop him, however imagine how hard it would be to stop a grown man accessing the internet.
At least the press are not jumping on it anymore.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Absolutely spot on . I'm a bit of an old bugger who was taught such simple things at school like "Timmy and I" not "Timmy and me", nor "me and Timmy." However, I'd rather any of those than "Timmy and myself.
As for apostrophes, kids are putting them after anything ending in "s" simply because they are being taught how to use it before they are ready, and when they are too young. They can't even use full stops and capitals and yet it's time to move on to apostrophes. Nonsense.

297.png

Philosorapter

Aug 7, 2013
It's great to see people announcing the skybluestalk xmas party like that.

oucho

Feb 28, 2015
Lincoln
Or the easy mistake of failing to press send/check your outbox. Even a genius of Michael Bing’s calibre can make such error!
No mate I think Bing's issue was (he claimed) his fax machine didn't work, that was the reason for my fax reference above!

Reactions: skybluepm2

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
I know at the beginning it had to be consisidered as a serious possibility. Hence why I don’t have a massive issue with people looking into it back then and highlighting the flaws and the contradictions.
Also understand the frustration when it transpired to be not what it seemed.
However now to me it’s clear something isn’t right.
At this point it is better people just totally ignore it.
Who knows slowly the bloke could be having a breakdown and this is part of it.
There is possibly a lot going on we don’t know about and this second bout of posting after everything before makes me think something really isnt right.
Maybe his family are trying their best stop him, however imagine how hard it would be to stop a grown man accessing the internet.
At least the press are not jumping on it anymore.
But if he HAS got mental issues why did his family let him go on CWR?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
the saddest point in this sorry tale is that normal ,rational and sensible fans have been driven to cling to any old nonsense posted on social media.
The current owners and their henchman have driven us to this point.

People believed Dhinsa as well

oucho

Feb 28, 2015
Lincoln
As time goes by, you really do wonder what journalistic due diligence CWR did before letting him on the radio; same with Hoffman, you wonder why he's tarnished his own reputation by affirming that DE is legit and saying "we welcome him to the consortium".

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
As time goes by, you really do wonder what journalistic due diligence CWR did before letting him on the radio; same with Hoffman, you wonder why he's tarnished his own reputation by affirming that DE is legit and saying "we welcome him to the consortium".
CWR pretty much said they’d done zero due diligence. Something along the lines of it’s a phone in show anyone can come on.

To be fair they did ask him questions about his background and how he’s got the money which at face value could have been true.

Problem was within hours it was all unravelling but the media and then Hoff kept the story going.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
CWR pretty much said they’d done zero due diligence. Something along the lines of it’s a phone in show anyone can come on.

To be fair they did ask him questions about his background and how he’s got the money which at face value could have been true.

Problem was within hours it was all unravelling but the media and then Hoff kept the story going.
Hoffman must feel pretty embarrassed by it all you would have thought.

Of course it is feasible that Dale Evans DID win some money, but that everything else is made up and he DOES still have some health issues.

Unlikely, but possible, cos Hoffman has seen some documentation. If he didn't check it properly that would be a worry.

oucho

Feb 28, 2015
Lincoln

Except that they didn't do it in the phone in, they trailed the interview as "big news affecting CCFC" saying all fans should tune in.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
Some observation from the Dale situation:

1) I would rather have SISU as owners than Dale.
2) Dale is not going to buy the club, nor does he have the money.
3) Anyone that still believes Dale is going to buy the club should be sectioned.
4) I question Hoffman and the consortium on why they got taking down the garden path so easily when even some of us could see through it.
5) Dale is undoubtedly a low life, who needs some serious help.

Reactions: Kingokings204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread