City 4 Spurs 3 (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Remember that game well. Nice to see Dean Emerson there. I think he would have had a great career if that thug Gary Megson hadn't crocked him.

tisza

People "forget" (due to the cup) we had great home form that season. Poor away form cost that team a top 6 place. but still finished 10th

torchomatic

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

One of the all time great games at HR.

On holiday in Tenerife at the time, meet some Spurs fans, you should have seen the look on their faces when I told them Cov won 4.3.

Then the following Christmas, in Tenerife, after the cup final we meet again, you can imagine the look on my face. Happy days.

Gaz71

Was a great game and the first I was allowed to attend on my own, got the bus over from long Lawford. Was sat in the west terrace behind the goal and will always remember big Cyrille rising to header the ball into the net only to be denied by a great save from Ray Clements, and then Cyrille nodding the rebound in to put us 4-3 up! Spurs wore our yellow away shirt.

Terry_dactyl

This was my first City game my old man took me to. 💙 It was where my journey started as a 10yr old following City, and love for Big Cyrille, my first Sky Blue hero.
You lucky bastard! My old man took me to the next home game…a 0-1 defeat to Luton town…for my first game.
You win the Dads!
I was 9 and likewise Cyrille became my hero.

Tbh missing it was possibly a good thing. My brother was trying to get me to support spurs at the time so watching them lose to City may have turned me against us!
I was hooked on all things City after this…despite the result.

Still, not a bad first season to start watching us. The old man turned to me after the cup final and said, “it ain’t gonna be like this every year”.

Whatever!

SkyBlueCharlie9

You lucky bastard! My old man took me to the next home game…a 0-1 defeat to Luton town…for my first game.
You win the Dads!
I was 9 and likewise Cyrille became my hero.

Tbh missing it was possibly a good thing. My brother was trying to get me to support spurs at the time so watching them lose to City may have turned me against us!
I was hooked on all things City after this…despite the result.

Still, not a bad first season to start watching us. The old man turned to me after the cup final and said, “it ain’t gonna be like this every year”.

Whatever!
I went to Spurs game (brilliant) and the Luton game (shocker) where my dad inadvertently bought tickets in the Luton seats in Sky Blues stand with about 6 other Luton fans. So embarrassing and all round d shite day!

JimmyHillsbeard

Spurs played in our yellow away shirts as the ref said their blue and white Hummel kit was too close to our stripey “Triple S” strip w the white shorts we used for league games.

EalingSB

Remember going to the bloody panto the day of the 4-3. This memory also popped up on Twitter - look at the state of the pitch when we played Derby at HR in 1988:

Users who are viewing this thread