City fans in random places (2 Viewers)

CCFC88

Went to Roland Garros on Monday, spent 3 days in Paris in total, saw one football shirt, man utd? Psg? France? Barca/real m? No a city shirt as soon as I walked through the gate to the tennis. Went over to speak to the lad, asked what looking back on it was a pretty stupid question, "are you a city fan? He answered, no but my mum and dad are!

ajsccfc

In Florida around April 2001, the striped kit was mistaken for Argentina a few times. Argentina are good so I just went with it, I don't know enough Spanish to explain what relegation is.

lordsummerisle

Had one of these threads before, but the Padre at RAF Scampton when I was there 93-95 was a City fan.

Not that it did us much good mind.

Sba180

Huge city flag at the german speedway grand prix in gelsenkirchen in 2007. Year later in same town a bloke came into the bar wearing the shirt. He got a huge burst of 'sky blue army'!!!

kg82

Not a kit, but my mum and dad went to Prague about 95-96 and came back with Coventry city Russian dolls from a street stall with players names on the back! Only one I can remember was Hughes (Stephen)! But I do remember all the squad numbers were right too! Thought it was strange!

ccfc92

In Florida around April 2001, the striped kit was mistaken for Argentina a few times. Argentina are good so I just went with it, I don't know enough Spanish to explain what relegation is.

I had that in new York. Maradona's ugly twin asked me if it was Argentina

VegetableSamosa

I met one at Coachella Music Fest in California last year. He was Californian but recognised the '87 from his trip to Wembley. Said his Dad was part of that failed American bid/interest a few seasons back.

Suffolkskyblue

When i was at sea I was out in St Thomas US Virgin Islands in 1986 and met a guy wearing a Coventry tie at the welcome cocktail party on the first night in. Can't remember his name but he ran a disco boat out there and knew all the directors. Great guy and he looked after me for for our stay with lots of invites out etc!

nicksig

Most unlikely for me was in Old Strathcona in Edmonton, Canada. I was on a work trip there back in 2000 and saw a lad walking down the high street proudly sporting his Sky Blue shirt.

dekker

back when hadji and chippo were playing for us i sat in bed reading one night whilst watching some documentary about some fella surviving in the desert....for some reason i looked up just as a bedouin on a camel emerged in the distance and moved towards the camera...i thought straight away he had a city shirt on but it wasn't until he got closer that it was confirmed....proper gobsmacked at the time...no reference was made to it...he was just a man on a camel with a sky blue top on...

Mucca Mad Boys

When I was on holiday in Bulgaria about 7-8 years ago, I seen some randomer selling football themed clocks, I seen the usual Man U, Arsenal,the big 4 at the time, then I seen Coventry City, in the end I didn't buy it because I was down to last 20 whatever it is over there and it cost 17, but yeah I was shocked.

- I always bring my CCFC shirt when I go abroad.

Sbarcher

Next season, 3pm Saturday afternoons at the tumbleweed Ricoh Arena....;)

Users who are viewing this thread