City Kits and associated players - part 2! (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Still remember seeing my first ever game on tv. It was The Match, I think itv on a Sunday afternoon. Elton Wesby was the presenter, and it was Manchester City vs Villa. God knows what year that was, I imagine somewhere around 89-90.

I also have very fond memories of Football Italia and have been a fanatical follower of Italian football ever since. First ever game they showed was Sampdoria vs either Lazio or AC Milan. Fantastic. Gazette Football Italia on a Saturday morning was a cut above anything else on to, James Richardson is still the man when it comes to football presenting.

It's always said that Italian media treat their readers/customers with respect and intelligence, whilst the English press treat theirs like idiots, and when you look at the quality of sorts journalism in the two countries they are right. That said, even in the fanatical ends of an Italian ground, there is a greater appreciation of the game and tactics. Most (or at least a far bigger proportion) of people at English games are just clueless mongs.

Well said
EfS on bt sports is must watch tv every week for me.

CJ_covblaze

So here's today's 2 kits - which players do you associate them with?

1) 1994-1996
football_shirt_1550_1_369x492x1.jpg

2) 1987-1988
$_1.JPG

1. Ndlovu
2. Before my time

Rusty Trombone

I think he scored the equaliser as well in the 3-3 draw we had at home with Wimbledon when both Williams and Shaw were sent off. To be fair after his comedy dfending for the first goal when Williams got sent off he needed to redeem himself.
We were shit then, but a better quality of shit. ;)

(Nice to see at 4.00 the ref giving Dion a pat on the back in celebration at his goal and later Big Ron in his shades:smuggrin:)

Ndlovu should have gone down for a pen at the end. Both of Shaw's bookings could be red cards these days.

Users who are viewing this thread