City Pubs at Wembley (1 Viewer)

GIMOC

If I've read this right it's £10 for guaranteed entry before 12 but free and first come first served after that? Either way I'll probably stick with the green man

why should you have to pay £10 to guarantee entry? it’s an expensive day as it is without having to fork out to guarantee entry. especially kids too

Joy Division

If Boxpark show the game too then perhaps that is an option for those without tickets who want to soak up the atmosphere a bit beforehand

jassie789

box park have tweeted. cov fans only. £10 entry even for u16 which is ridiculous
I was thinking of going there the placed looked okay with lots of food courts somewhere to sit and eat as well as drink. £10 entry is a joke! somewhere else it is then. Anyone else thinking JJ Moon Weatherspoons or Green Man

Skyblue_LDN

Who is going where then?

We went to the Green Man last time and it was stacked out with Cov fans.

was it the green man that ran out of beer? I ended up buying cans of JD and coke from a corner shop and drinking on some grass somewhere near McDonalds

edgy

Been researching boozers on the Bakerloo line.

The Grand Junction Arms at Harlesden looks decent. Big outdoor area on the canal. 2 stops from Wembo Central.

jassie789

Baker street area also looks good for pubs and food prior to jumping on under ground to Wembley Park.

Would just have to swap lines on baker street under ground back onto metropolitan line straight to Wembley park

Attachments

• trainline.PNG
    trainline.PNG
    705.7 KB · Views: 24

RegTheDonk

Well I think seeing as Daz has been getting the virtual beers in all season, we should find out where he's drinking and buy him a proper pint :)

pusbccfc

Fuck that. Leave the place empty. Robbing bastards. As if they wouldnt make a killing on beer alone.

They are charging because it used to be chaos back before tickets.

Obvs could have done free tickets but it's so oversubscribed they are always going to make a few quid

It's basically a giant Dhillons with better food and entertainment such as ex players, etc.

Greggs

Hearing you cant buy tins from any local supermarkets etc, what a load of shit. I dont want to be hearded to a fan zone. I want to sit on a bench, drink a tin and smoke a joint. Can anyone back up these rumours?

Greggs

was it the green man that ran out of beer? I ended up buying cans of JD and coke from a corner shop and drinking on some grass somewhere near McDonalds
Not possible this year apparently. Fucking disgusting

SleepyGinger

Wouldn’t bother going the green man unless you’re planning on getting there ridiculously early. Haven’t got the staff to accommodate thousands.

mmttww

Hearing you cant buy tins from any local supermarkets etc, what a load of shit. I dont want to be hearded to a fan zone. I want to sit on a bench, drink a tin and smoke a joint. Can anyone back up these rumours?
Buy your tins miles from the ground and hope there's too many of us to be moved on by the time you get there. Thank me later if it works.

GIMOC

Buy your tins miles from the ground and hope there's too many of us to be moved on by the time you get there. Thank me later if it works.

wont work. the police have clamped down at Wembley since the euro final.

edgy

Brent Council and its partners are enforcing a No Street Drinking Zone on Olympic Way and the surrounding area for the Sky Bet play-off finals during the weekend of 27 - 29 May 2023.

Fans drinking on Olympic Way and the surrounding streets will be asked to hand over their alcohol and enforcement action may be considered. We are taking these steps to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

wont work. the police have clamped down at Wembley since the euro final.
Can put it in a non see-through water flask. OK, you'll look a bit like a jogger but you'd probably get away with it as long as you didn't overdo it.

edgy

Literally over the road from the green man!!
I'm parked around the corner also.....I'll bring a couple of footballs and we can have a 36-a-side game. Between us all we should have enough hoodies for goals too!

Looks like a plan!

If the word gets round, could be a good base for City fans.

King Edward VII Park - Unofficial Fan Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread