City v Millwall - BBC preview (1 Viewer)

Otis

Coventry defender Cyrus Christie has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee ligament injury sustained in the 1-1 draw at Burnley.

Nathan Cameron, Richard Wood, Hermann Hreidarsson and Carl Baker also miss out.

Striker Darius Henderson could return to the Millwall squad after missing three games with a calf injury.

Midfielders Therry Racon (ankle) and Tamika Mkandawire (knee) and goalkeeper Steve Mildenhall (ankle) are absent.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• These clubs have been playing each other for 86 years and there is nothing between them. Both have won 23, with 11 drawn.

• An improving Millwall pulled off a convincing 3-0 victory over the Sky Blues in November, with a brace from Darius Henderson. It sets up the possibility of a first double over Coventry in nine years.

• Coventry are vying for a fourth successive home win over the Lions in all competitions.

Coventry City
• The longest current tenancy in the Championship will come to an end if Coventry lose, and Bristol City beat West Ham at Ashton Gate. The Sky Blues have been playing at this level for 11 seasons since 2001 and will not want to go down to the third tier, where they last played in 1964, on Andy Thorn's 400th day at the helm.

• They have lost only one of their last nine, and are undefeated in six at the Ricoh Arena.

• Clive Platt is hoping to play in his 550th league game.

Millwall

• Millwall have secured a third season in the Championship and could be about to register their longest winning run of the season, having beaten Hull (h), Portsmouth (a) and Leicester (h) in the last three games.

• Kenny Jackett's side, who are second in the form table, have conceded two goals in six games, and have kept clean sheets in their last three on the road.

• Three points would give the London club back-to-back doubles, and complete the set of home and away victories over the bottom three clubs.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
easy game then ....... dont know what we are worried about ....... no point Millwall turning up they might as well just give us the points now...... surely they know they are beaten............ :facepalm::eek:

Grendel

I have to go into work for a 6 o clock meeting so I think I am going to miss my first home game since I think a game where we ended up with 9 men and let a goal um very late.

Actually I feel oddly relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread