Clarke and Wilson (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Just read the article about these 2 hitting it off together in 11 a side practice games and that Pressley is giving serious consideration to playing them up front together in some form. Might well be born of necessity, but would be very happy to see this as I'm a big fan of both - and always believe that in having 2 up top.

hill83

Big man little man. Strength and pace.

Champions League in 3 years.

Nick

Administrator
Just read the article about these 2 hitting it off together in 11 a side practice games and that Pressley is giving serious consideration to playing them up front together in some form. Might well be born of necessity, but would be very happy to see this as I'm a big fan of both - and always believe that in having 2 up top.

Not being funny but surely he has to consider playing them both as they are our only strikers?

swisstony

Pressley missed a trick releasing Cody.
He will be back to haunt us.
Would have loved to have seen him and Clarke given an extended run

ajsccfc

McDonald was the new Eastwood. Never doing it, but always apparently on the cusp of coming good if he was just allowed the games his performances clearly didn't warrant.

speedie87

Cody was never going to make it here

Plus whoever said big man little man for clarke and Wilson hasn't seen Wilson!

CovLis86

Giving serious consideration to playing our only two strikers together?! Wow what a brain wave! No wonder sisu picked him as the man for the job. The next Sir Alex ferguson!

ajsccfc

I like the part where you're sarcastic as if it's the only possible course of action, and teams don't routinely employ a lone striker throughout the league.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Giving serious consideration to playing our only two strikers together?! Wow what a brain wave! No wonder sisu picked him as the man for the job. The next Sir Alex ferguson!

We normally play with 1 up top so playing both together is a fairly big swing in tactics imo...

skybluegod

Yep pressley came on radio and said that he was changing how we play this year to two up front. So with those two being the only strikers it must be them two.

hill83

Who's the little man out of these two? Wilson is massive now! OK, maybe not as tall as Clarke but he's bulked up over the summer break!

It was more in relation to how they play to be honest.

skybluegod

That pairing will work wonders in my opinion, but yes we need backup. Ben Maund is a striker.

I'll save my opinion on Wilson just yet, but he does have decent pace and has shown he can score just need to fins out if he can do it consistently at a good level.

Would say we need at least 2 strikers out of 8 new signings, then 2-3 CB's, 1-2 lm's then we will have decent squad IMO, if injury free of course.

pusbccfc

Clarke is one if the most dirty players I've seen... Which is good!!

Watching him yesterday, my God he flings his arms at players when jumping. He uses his hands too.
I've noticed he whispers in defenders ears.

He literally bullies defenders!

I honestly see him do well next season.
Wilson has a lot of pace and skill, if he can improve his finishing he could grow into a good player.

Tomh111

I noticed how Clarke bullie defenders and imposes himself which is something we have lacked recently, Wilson could come good this year he looked lively off the bench and at his age now it's make or break time so might be some added incentive for him

Users who are viewing this thread