Clive Platt CCFC 2011-2012 season (1 Viewer)

I'd just publicly wish to welcome Clive Platt to CCFC this season. I heard that AB had signed someone called Clive Platt, but that certainly wasn't the hungry player that we are seeing this season.

I'm not sure where he has come from, but this season's Platt looks like a great addition to the team. Chasing balls, winning headers, closing down the keeper and most of all working hard.

Thanks Clive

Yes Rich,

The real CP is in the team purely on merit now and is proving all the usual knockers wrong.

I've said it before this guy is a complete handful up front at the moment a perfect foil for the Juke giving opposition defences serious grief.

Unlike Cody CP is real fit and gets about the park for 90 minutes - he is very deceptive on the deck with good layoffs and cushioned headers (although I do believe for his size he is not as imposing in the air as he should, a bit like Crouchy).

Keep up this purple patch CP its gratifying to see someone playing with heart and commitment for the CCFC cause - long may it continue.

PUSB

Grendel

I agree. People sneer at Platt and say he is limited. Who isn't at this level (and he is less limited than some in the team). He will always work defenders - something we have not had this season. O'Donavan is so poor defenders may as well take the day off when he is in the team.

Platt (and Wood) were major factors on Saturday.

Unlike Cody CP is real fit and gets about the park for 90 minutes - he is very deceptive on the deck with good layoffs and cushioned headers (although I do believe for his size he is not as imposing in the air as he should, a bit like Crouchy).

This is what I felt that he did not do enough of last season. He seemed lazy or sluggish and didn't pressure the keeper and didn't chase balls. He was like a new signing on saturday. I was massively impressed.

bobbymac

Totally agree and I don't think it is just coincidence. I think AT and SH handling of the Eatwood situation has sent a message out to the other players. You are included IF you put in 100%. If not you can go. Some players need responses to get them acting and I think Woods and Platt are that kind of player.

Otis

From donkey to thoroughbred in a few months.

Even thinking of having a little flutter on him in the 3.50 at Kempton Park on Thursday.

Otis

Micky Quinn on Platini. :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about: May still just check the odds. Would need to be a very short race though as we know Quinn is only a top sprinter over the first 3 yards.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He was very good on Saturday. Heres hoping Capello catches his performances and takes him to the Euro's in place of Rooney :)

A 34 yr old Clive Platt is a much better option than Rooney, right?? ;) He'd keep his head and control his temper alot better thats for sure :)

PVA

To be fair Platt was actually very good under AB at times. Don't forget it was Platt partnering Juke when we were about 5th just before our terrible slump while MK was getting fit.

Users who are viewing this thread