Club update (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I get the rising costs and the club is struggling, but that’s a massive fuck off and get on with it statement.

Need to stop with the “we need extra funding from the owners” like it’s a favour. Just fuck off and It over to someone who can afford it

KenilworthSkyBlue

People can complain but without someone willing to just throw money away what alternative strategy should they pursue? The only way they're going to make significant returns is promotion to the Prem and they simply aren't going to write the kind of cheques required for that.

So we're, at best, treading water until someone is prepared to buy the club. Its all well and good saying sell up, you need a willing buyer and lets not pretend someone like Hoffman coming in is going to give the kind of funding people want put into the club.

There isn't an alternative strategy - the model has been to bring in players with a minimal outlay, develop and sell for profit in order to cover operational costs. This message has been lost in translation of the past couple of years due to the progress made and there being no significant sales since January 2020.

That really isn't the issue at hand though. The club has previously invested a small proportion of any sale into recruiting further players. This season that is seemingly no longer the case due to operational costs vastly exceeding turnover, meaning that even with another sale the likelihood of the club equipping Robins and the management staff with funds to re-invest back into the squad is close to nil. The cost of being in this division is completely unsustainable with the model the club currently operates under - as indicated in their statement.

It's every fans right to air their grievances when the narrative from the club has been that the owners are supportive, Robins has the final say in who stays and who goes, the club is attempting at emulating the Brentford model and the more STs sold equates to more maneuverability in the transfer window.

It's constant half truths and duplicitous comments.

Sadly no prospective buyer will ever match SISUs demands for the club, that's a given, but fans have a right to complain as SISU are entirely pointless as owners and are the sole cause of the club being unable to progress beyond what's already been achieved.

chiefdave

This is posted every time this question is asked so is probably pointless but:

We sell players for a profit. That’s the model. It’s the only one close to working at this level. If you don’t do that and you don’t accept a loss, sooner or later you’re a league one or lower side. That’s just gravity. There’s no “treading water” at this level. Not one club has stayed at this level under the strategy Sisu are employing.

And by all accounts all approaches for the club are knocked back.
Has there actually been a sensible offer for the club or just Hoffman with his pound? Its all well and good people saying sell the club, we all want them gone, but there needs to be someone who will buy it.

Personally I'm not convinced if O'Hare had gone, which was clearly the original plan this summer, people would have been OK with it and holding it up as the club being well run and operating according to its stated model. All we've had all summer is people saying don't sell the 'big 3' while also saying new signings should come in, how does that fit into the model?

Ashdown

The owners are still supporting the club financially…..really?
Costs up by £500k……really ?
Of course there are some cost increases but that much ?
It’s communication I suppose and that’s something. Let’s hope we can just get back to picking up some points now and getting behind the lads.

alexccfc99

Has there actually been a sensible offer for the club or just Hoffman with his pound? Its all well and good people saying sell the club, we all want them gone, but there needs to be someone who will buy it.

Personally I'm not convinced if O'Hare had gone, which was clearly the original plan this summer, people would have been OK with it and holding it up as the club being well run and operating according to its stated model. All we've had all summer is people saying don't sell the 'big 3' while also saying new signings should come in, how does that fit into the model?

Hoffmans offer was laughed off as it had loads of pie in the sky clauses in it that depended on us being promoted to the Premier League (We were a League 2 side at the time)

I cannot believe people think he is the answer, complete chancer

KenilworthSkyBlue

Their own reports. Strange brew, surely it would suit their narrative so they wouldn't lie?

Either repair costs have been offset by the next rent payments or the club has paid directly for it. I assume it's the former but the statement is full of half truths so god knows.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Then what’s the point of them? I may as well take the club on.

If you had the money to buy them out you could operate it in the same way they are if you wanted. They are trying to run it in a self sustaining way to take maximum profit out when they sell with minimum input. Fans might not like it but they are sweating their asset
that's what it is for them not the religion it is for the rest of us. Even if they did sell unless you get a state wealth fund or billionaire your pretty much in the same cycle when owners spend a bit then when it doesnt work they consolidate, our owners just dont do the spend a bity part.

KenilworthSkyBlue

How can there be a sensible offer for the club when any enquires received are met with a mammoth overinflated price tag that even a bidder who was a lifelong fan likely wouldn't even entertain?

shmmeee

You’ll have to take the second part up with people who think like that. I think most accept we progress through sales.

We don’t know because the only people that go public are attention seekers. But a few people closer than me have said they’re aware of bids being knocked back immediately. And the public like has always been were not for sale. Even after that article the Sisu ITKs were on here claiming we weren’t.

bawtryneal

Not sure it really answers a lot of questions tbh. If the owner is still constantly putting in funds to cover losses then why are we desperate to sell?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

They don't communicate people complain
They communicate people complain
What do you want them to say apart from we are about to spend £10 million on new players tomorrow.

Frostie

I'm glad this has been done, it will hopefully quieten the social media idiots who seem to think selling a few extra tickets mean we should have millions to spend on transfers.

It really underlines what most sensible fans have known for ages though (& what Fisher was actually honest about for once) that we can't compete at this level with this model.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They don't communicate people complain
They communicate people complain
What do you want them to say apart from we are about to spend £10 million on new players tomorrow.
I mean they’ve basically said - turn up and buy merchandise f you want more money spent… we’ve had record ticket and merch sales, and the spending has gone down, and you know what, I went along with that.

this statement was basically a fuck you we don’t care if you’ve turned up. How else are you supposed to maintain the fanbase this way?

We want communication. We want them to tell us how they’re going to take us forward

vow

"The Club will be making a gesture to Season Ticket holders following the inconvenience caused by the postponements in August"

View attachment 26038
Joking apart, To be perfectly honest, I'm not fussed about a gesture from the club if it means taking money back out of the club!

Eg. A fookin scarf or another city shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread