Cobblers defiant after threat (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Well, if I see him I'm gonna say "Yeah whatever, Cardoza".

covkid69

how long is this shit gonna rumble on for....we still can't buy tickets,shirts etc...not that many will and we can't bring any players in...all this shit is gonna see us relegated again....sisu :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

skybluesam66

what tossers

"The threatened action by ACL is without any legal merit and is not conducive to the greater good of the game.

oh, like taking our club to northampton is

what tossers

"The threatened action by ACL is without any legal merit and is not conducive to the greater good of the game.

oh, like taking our club to northampton is

Couldn't believe that quote.

This idea that ACL are the bullies in all of this has clearly been fed to them by our wonderful owners.

NTFC have been hoodwinked!

blueflint

:jerkit:

what a load of cobblers pun intended

theferret

People are letting emotion get in the way of their ability to think rationally. Whatever frustration we feel at the decision by NTFC to agree to the ground share, they surely have no legal case to answer (seems an absurd notion to me), so then why threaten legal action at all? It is very unhelpful, and all it will do is alienate those NT fans who were previously sympathetic to our plight, who I suspect will now rally behind their club.

Evo1883

No disrespect to anybody ,but all they are going to cause is a huge rivalry between the two sets of supporters aswel ,i never even thought about northampton before this but i can guarantee by the end of the 3-5 years alot of CCFC fans will hate northampton and vice versa , its written in the stars as they say, and it will be because of bollocks like this

NTFC

People are letting emotion get in the way of their ability to think rationally. Whatever frustration we feel at the decision by NTFC to agree to the ground share, they surely have no legal case to answer (seems an absurd notion to me), so then why threaten legal action at all? It is very unhelpful, and all it will do is alienate those NT fans who were previously sympathetic to our plight, who I suspect will now rally behind their club.
I agree totally.

chiefdave

I would assume ACL have spoken with a lawyer before they've done this so they must have some belief there is a case to answer. Wonder if NTFC have any agreement with SISU for them to cover legal fees, doubt it. being dragged through the courts, should it come to that, is going to eat into the 'easy money' they're getting from SISU pretty quickly.

NTFC

No disrespect to anybody ,but all they are going to cause is a huge rivalry between the two sets of supporters aswel ,i never even thought about northampton before this but i can guarantee by the end of the 3-5 years alot of CCFC fans will hate northampton and vice versa , its written in the stars as they say, and it will be because of bollocks like this

This is the saddest part. Obviously David Cardoza should have never agreed to this deal but SISU and ACL are really sullying our club which has always been a decent family club.

covkid69

This is the saddest part. Obviously David Cardoza should have never agreed to this deal but SISU and ACL are really sullying our club which has always been a decent family club.

that's what you get when having any dealings with the wankers that own us

Sub

the fans of ccfc do not want to sully your club (well i think most do not) but taking the money is just short sightedness from your chairman, we know what SISU are like and there is a chance your club could get shafted over like we have, and that is not what I would wish on any other club or fans, its so sad that your club and fans have been dragged into this mess and if it had been any other club I would of felt the same way for that club and there fans :blue: Sisu are a cancer you do not want anywhere near your club trust me on that we have seen what they do to a football club, city and its fans

procdoc

I'm fed up with it all now. Those that choose to go to watch us there enjoy the football while it lasts. The Northampton chairman is nearly as big a c**t as Fisher. Nearly but not quite.

theferret

I would assume ACL have spoken with a lawyer before they've done this so they must have some belief there is a case to answer. Wonder if NTFC have any agreement with SISU for them to cover legal fees, doubt it. being dragged through the courts, should it come to that, is going to eat into the 'easy money' they're getting from SISU pretty quickly.

Well then they need to get a better lawyer. Who cares if the legal case is almost non-existent when you are being paid £150 per hour? This is an unwelcome distraction if you ask me. It will dominate the media coverage of this saga, particularly in Northampton and nationally, and it won't engender much sympathy amongst the wider football community. What are they thinking of?

NTFC

At the end of the day Cardoza can't hide behind naivety and whatever trouble comes along with it he will have to deal with it. Will only take so long before our fans have him by the short and curlies because it is the club which is important not him.

chiefdave

Well then they need to get a better lawyer. Who cares if the legal case is almost non-existent when you are being paid £150 per hour? This is an unwelcome distraction if you ask me. It will dominate the media coverage of this saga, particularly in Northampton and nationally, and it won't engender much sympathy amongst the wider football community. What are they thinking of?

I would imagine they are thinking that no contract has yet been signed as Otium can't agree anything until we are out of admin and therefore they are wanting to apply enough pressure though various means that Cardoza rethinks about the easy money he's getting offered.

Will also have attracted the attention of the FL and give more evidence that, despite what Fisher has told them, it is entirely possible for the club to play at the Ricoh and in fact they still have a lease in place to do so. The FL seem to get spooked at the thought of legal action and I'm sure after today they will be a little concerned they they might be next in line for leagal action.

James Smith

As I said on another thread I'm really sorry that you are involved at all in our fight. This isn't something you should be tarred with and I'm sorry that the stain of SISU has tainted your club. I also hope the Judicial Review that our owners have instigated doesn't hurt your loan from the council.

I just pray Mr Cardoza has got the money up front and isn't waiting for three years like the League are.

Last edited:

James Smith

I suspect the directors are just trying to protect the business in the interests of the shareholders.

theferret

I suspect the directors are just trying to protect the business in the interests of the shareholders.

What has that got to do with anything? A lost cause is a lost cause. No prospect of successfully suing NT so this is a bluff designed to scare them into backing out. It's playground stuff straight out of the SISU book of bullying tactics.

I'm sick of all of it tbh. I just wish I could stop caring because I'm embarrassed by the whole thing.

James Smith

What has that got to do with anything? A lost cause is a lost cause. No prospect of successfully suing NT so this is a bluff designed to scare them into backing out. It's playground stuff straight out of the SISU book of bullying tactics.

I'm sick of all of it tbh. I just wish I could stop caring because I'm embarrassed by the whole thing.

As I posted in another thread If the directors of a business don't persue money that is owed to a business especially (but not limited to) if it is a large amount then yes the shareholders can take action against the directors of a business. They are not meeting their fiduciary duty to the business. The same was true when Young Timothy suggested liquidation was on the cards they had to protect the amount outstanding to ACL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduci..._jurisdictions

Sky Blue Pete

Cardoza is at fault no one else. 50m contract acl has I think the case has legal merit

theferret

As I posted in another thread If the directors of a business don't persue money that is owed to a business especially (but not limited to) if it is a large amount then yes the shareholders can take action against the directors of a business. They are not meeting their fiduciary duty to the business. The same was true when Young Timothy suggested liquidation was on the cards they had to protect the amount outstanding to ACL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduci..._jurisdictions

You can post it as many times as you like, it is still irrelevant and doesn't explain why they are threatening to sue Northampton Town.

Users who are viewing this thread