Cody being subbed (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Don't know if I'm missing something here but why is he being subbed in every game? Any remote chance we had of scoring today evaporated as soon as he was taken off. It was a ridiculous decision. Ellliot offered absolutely nothing today (I know he was feeding off scraps so this is probably a bit harsh) and I thought against Bury he was very poor in the 2nd half. Like many others I also don't see Calum Ball as any sort of option unless they bring scrumming into football. I did think McGoldrick showed a couple of decent touches when he came on.

RichieGunns

He was fluffing every chance he had from the sounds of it and Shaw probably wanted him off to try and get it through to him that his finishing just isn't good enough at the moment and that until he can improve on it, he wont be given the full 90 minutes!

Though i'd have to agree with you that the goal threat disappeared once he went off and i think it would have been better if Elliot had come off and McGoldrick had come on to partner cody.

As for Callum Ball im starting to see your point. Just doesn't seem to have anything when he comes on. Yeh he wins us a few free kicks but his goal threat seems to be zero at the moment!

Just my opinion of course!

Last edited:

pusbccfc

glad someone has bought this up! He is a poacher, he can get goals when we are playing poor. Poor decision again.

Lord_Nampil

The moment i new we had lost the game was when Shaw made the like for like sub and took Cody off! Apparently he was knackered from mid week even though he didn't play extra time and Elliott did!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gets into great positions again and again but misses a lot of chance, we shouldn't expect any more than 15 goals and if he does it is a bonus

Lord_Nampil

From what i have seen this season Cody will score goals if you give him the ball! Today he had 2 chances one was a header he should have buried, the second was out of nothing and he connected with a Baker cross and hit the bar! He looked very sharp and then Shaw takes him off! Also he looks the balls to run on too, with out Fleck in the team we dont have any one who can find him!!!

Paxman II

It's a mistake to be so kind to these footballers. Not fit after a mid week game maybe/ I don't care keep him on he is a goal threat and we needed a goal. ball is the one player in this squad i don't see being much good for us.
Again it highlights poor decision making by the management/coaching staff.
I said before the game Christie was a better option than Clarke and wood should have been straight back in there after missing one game with injury. Those decisions proved critical today.

Management is not easy but the one thing you must do is be ruthless and stick with your guns for what's best. Dancing around players and allowing them to beleive they will be good enough is not going to work. This is where Shaw has a lot to learn. Sometimes even if you have a winning side you still change the team when the better player is fit. That is good management. Brown so far seems to be a bit of a liability at the back.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's a mistake to be so kind to these footballers. Not fit after a mid week game maybe/ I don't care keep him on he is a goal threat and we needed a goal. ball is the one player in this squad i don't see being much good for us.
Again it highlights poor decision making by the management/coaching staff.
I said before the game Christie was a better option than Clarke and wood should have been straight back in there after missing one game with injury. Those decisions proved critical today.

Management is not easy but the one thing you must do is be ruthless and stick with your guns for what's best. Dancing around players and allowing them to beleive they will be good enough is not going to work. This is where Shaw has a lot to learn. Sometimes even if you have a winning side you still change the team when the better player is fit. That is good management. Brown so far seems to be a bit of a liability at the back.
How do you know Christie was fitter Clarke than though? Christie hasn't played or trained for around 4 months, Clarke has been out for 3 weeks. Maybe a half each would have been better?

junglej13

Gets into great positions again and again but misses a lot of chance, we shouldn't expect any more than 15 goals and if he does it is a bonus

I could possibly understand bringing him off if we had goalscorers on the bench chomping at the bit to get on but we don't. Against Bury and today we lost any hope of scoring when he was taken off. I think he's looked very sharp in every game this season, his link up work has been crisp and he's the best header of a ball at the club for set pieces. He should play every minute in my opinion. I still think he could be capable of hitting 20 goals maybe 30 if he gets service which I'm hoping Fleck will bring!

ampthill_sba

Shaw did not select a tactic today that suited Cody. His hoofball tactic suited Ball and perhaps Wood up front....

Cody our best goal threat needs through balls like the one Killer played for him v Brum...take heed Shaw and players.

Users who are viewing this thread