Cody Mac (1 Viewer)

PVA

His dad is a spurs fan and was on the same train as me after the game. Said that he's almost certainly going on loan. Doesn't know where but all he said was probably not Gillingham.

Pretty boring story but thought I would share it. He was talking to another cov fan and I overheard the conversation, so maybe that fan is on here and can shed some more light!

ps1948

To be honest, I wouldn't fault anyone who didn't beleive what the Telegraph wrote about the Club.....

savosdad

Banned
its no good him going as a striker anywhere unless it iswith the national union of mineworkers
that's the only bit of striking he,ll do definetly not as a footballer

wingy

I've seen no evidence that the guy could not pot 15-20 goals at this level,only the questions of attitude /working for the team ethic seem to be barriers ,if di canio had him @ Swindon I'd expect him to hit 20+ and I think he'll do OK wherever it is next.JMO:whistle:

BackRoomRummermill

It has not worked out for him here to be honest, not any reason or anyones fault. It is not rocket science.

It sometimes happens, best for him if he moves on as well as Cov and becomes a DMG somewhere, MR will know what to do.

dongonzalos

I've seen no evidence that the guy could not pot 15-20 goals at this level,only the questions of attitude /working for the team ethic seem to be barriers ,if di canio had him @ Swindon I'd expect him to hit 20+ and I think he'll do OK wherever it is next.JMO:whistle:

Agree.......

SkyBlueScottie

It would be nice to see him back here after a load of games on loan, if he goes elsewhere, does not play etc then its safe to say his future is not with us, but if he went away and went on a scoring run we would soon be calling for him to return.

Grendel

There is little evidence he would though and his technical ability is very poor.

wingy

There is little evidence he would though and his technical ability is very poor.

Not yet,i'm surprised that we're not trying to recoup some of his fee if he does'nt fit the bill here.Maybe that will come further down the line if he bangs a few in somewhere else,leaving the question who will we sell to raise some capital as i don't see Joy funding this seasons losses completely.

EDIT; Sorry KD that post was'nt mean to quote yours but it kind of relates.

stupot07

Not yet,i'm surprised that we're not trying to recoup some of his fee if he does'nt fit the bill here.Maybe that will come further down the line if he bangs a few in somewhere else,leaving the question who will we sell to raise some capital as i don't see Joy funding this seasons losses completely.

I think they're sending him out on loan to put him in the shop window in the hope of recouping some of that money. Know ones going pay much for a player sitting in the stands of a league one club.

Pigeon

I thought Cody would set the world on fire when he joined us but we've not seen any of the promised ability. He either isn't doing it in training or personally hasn't got along well with the manager but when Roy is ahead of you in the pecking order you've got to ask yourself some questions surely?

WillieStanley

He's showed good knowledge and been able to get himself into decent positions, but just lacked that killer instinct in front of goal. I've always said he needs a decent run in the first team, which, arguably, he still hasn't really had. If ROD is ahead of him, maybe he needs to get that run somewhere else... but if he does go down a league and becomes prolific, I'd like to see what he could do here.

Gaz

I wonder if Cardiff would swap Ben Turner for Cody :/

Mucca Mad Boys

He's showed good knowledge and been able to get himself into decent positions, but just lacked that killer instinct in front of goal. I've always said he needs a decent run in the first team, which, arguably, he still hasn't really had. If ROD is ahead of him, maybe he needs to get that run somewhere else... but if he does go down a league and becomes prolific, I'd like to see what he could do here.

Maybe Cody could do a McG, become prolific in L2 and maybe we find a L1 buyer, and we cut our losses OR he comes back and (hopefully) carries on his form.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the fact he was frozen out at Norwich also speaks volumes, the Norwich fans said similar to what cov fans are saying now "not given a chance" etc.

Worked for Norwich, loaning him out to get him in the shop window

Towards the end of last season i saw potential, but injuries and poor form have ruined his chances. I think we should keep him, cus if we loan out ROD and Mac we're gonna have 3 1st team strikers and one of them is injured. ROD, he can go out on loan and prove himself, but we need Cody. 1 striker starting isnt enough. We proved that against Spurs. We need 2 strikers and we need depth in every position

I dont 4-4-2 is working tbh. Goldie always used o go too wide and Clarke was crap against Spurs so we need 2 players up there, so Clarke, Elliott, Ball and Mac is good

aodea

I would like to keep him if a replacmentt is not going to be brought in. if there is a replacment to be brought in then he should go on loan try discover some form. Thpought clarke was really poor on sat all game but benifit of the doubt as he was against top oppostion.

Users who are viewing this thread