Cody mcdonald (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Looks like a good player, won loads of awards last season in league 2 including the leagues player of year, and scored 24 goals
i managed to find a video on you tube of all his goals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOpduBvPj_Q
Would be a great signing :D

Cody McDonald a City target?
According to press speculation Coventry City have made an offer for Norwich City's Cody McDonald.
The 24 year old striker has been on loan at Gillingham all season where he scored 26 goals, but there is doubt if he will be able to make the giant step from Division 2 to the Premier League.
McDonald was voted as Gillinghham's player of the year award and according to Vitalfootball Coventry have offered The Canaries £275,000 plus a 50% sell on fee for the striker.
McDonald, speaking about his immediate future, to the Evening News24, said, "We'll see what happens next season but hopefully I can do it for Gillingham. It's out of my hands but maybe the chairman (Paul Scally) and Norwich can sit down and come to some sort of agreement."

"If not, I've had a great time here, I've appreciated everything everyone has done for me and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself."

50% sell on. What a shite offer.

pusbccfc

i was thinking that but him and juke would make a great partnership and could push on to the play offs

BenInTurin

Facebook User
50% sell on. What a shite offer.

I disagree, if it turns out the championship is too good for him then we probably won't even be able to sell him. He's been at Gillingham this year rather than with Norwich so he can't be that great compared to King that is.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
50% sell on is shite and i dont believe for a minute that our board would make such an offer! If he turned out to be the next big thing, and let say for example we sold him on for £3m, are the board, who are very money / business oriantated goin to give away £1.5m just like that?? I very much doubt it.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

The lads got one hell of a header on him for a small guy! :claping hands:

covcity4life

maybe hes known as a REAL prospect? norwich let him go cheap 250k now because they know he could be sold for 4-5m in future? thus the sell on cause

just a thought

im trusting thorn and hope this deal happens

Macca

Well we aren't in a position to buy proven talent so why not. Short term contracts please in case they are dog shite

Macca

agreed, We just need to avoid to many "speculative" purchases that aren't a success leaving us with a large squad of no hopers that are a drain on resources. Unless our mate from the Varsity is chucking money at us of course

mattylad

I think the fact we are talking about a transfer fee at all is a sign the finances must be looking better! Unless its one of these chairmans gift type purchases?

sotv1987

I think the fact we are talking about a transfer fee at all is a sign the finances must be looking better! Unless its one of these chairmans gift type purchases?

The fact that there is money involved at all leads me to believe that this is not a transfer possibility and just another silly rumour, sorry to be on a downer guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread